Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectRE: First Batch!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=433&mesg_id=527
527, RE: First Batch!
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Zulg, you're probably the guy I would trust the most with any
>info because of how many times I've played beside you (not in
>an intentional permagroup type of way, but just in a random
>woah you played him type of way), but even then I can't help
>but feel that you've been assimilated into the Borg mind
>contingent yourself =)
>
>Honestly, my questions would be to all Immortals and you can
>BS if you want, but it'd be nice to hear honesty. Who knows
>it might even be endearing:
>
>1. Do you get affected if your mortal gets killed and
>sometimes take out that ire on the killer with your Immortal?

I can't think of a time that I've ever taken out ire on someone who killed me. Typically I try and figure out how/why they killed me, then figure out if it was me ####ing up or them being good (or a combination of the two). If they're good, I usually remember it, and try and keep an eye on them to see if they've got some RP skill to and reward them for it.

All that being said...when I die, I get pissed :P Most of the time it's because I think I can take on the world (and the truth is...I can't do it all the time). One of the hardest characters I ever played was a paladin that I rolled after the revamp. I wanted to see how the class played, if it came out the way I helped design. Unfortunatly my play style didn't really help my survivability as a paladin :P

>2. Do you ever feel a bit at an advantage by some things you
>might do as a mortal based on your Immortal knowledge?

Sometimes, but I don't go out of my way to use that information. Hell, I've probably forgotten half of the cool things out there, and with all the new areas, unless I wrote the prog, I don't know what it does either.

There are also places where my immortal knowledge doesn't help. When I re-wrote the Xoltrindar fight prog, I knew EXACTLY how it worked, but it was still a crapshoot if I would win that fight or not. That's what happens when you toss in some random stuff to a fight.

>3. Do you think that everything is fine with CF or do you
>think the declining playerbase means that a pervasive attitude
>change is required?

I wouldn't say everything is fine, obviously the player base is declining and that itself is an issue. Now the hows & whys of that I haven't dug into alot. Part of it, I'm sure is, people grow up and move on. I started playing this game when I was in college. Now I'm married, have a three year old daughter and spend far less time here than I used to.

>4. Do you care about keeping the veteran populace of CF or do
>you think the new players arriving in CF will keep the ship
>afloat?

Personally, I'd like to keep everyone, but that's impossible. It is definitely worth having a veteran populace to teach the new folks about living and dying. Eventually those new folks become part of the veteran populace.

>5. Do you think that "Eastern Road" should be called "Eastern
>Road with some North-South"?

Murder Road

>6. Do you miss Drizzit, the good Heron marked Blade, Eastern
>Road being 4 steps, Emerald Forest being the only place to
>level besides Forest of Nowhere, Shadow, Masters, and
>Entropy?

Nah (well okay...maybe Shadow a little).

>7. Do you sometimes forget what it was like before you
>Immorted?

Nope. I try to make sure we don't repeat the sins of the past.

>8. Do you get less and less fun out of the game every day?

Only because I put less into the game every day.

>9. Do you feel like you're owed something?

If I felt like I was owed something I would have left long ago. I do it for my own pleasure and enjoyment. When it starts to feel like a job I step away. Hell, I coded up my own mud years ago that only existed on my non-networked linux box for fun. I know...I'm nuts.

>-thinnie

Zulgie