Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectRE: Okay
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=433&mesg_id=466
466, RE: Okay
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Valg's to answer in more depth if he wants to. Truthfully, I don't think he knew who played Cabdru at that point. We hear so much crap that we either know (or investigate and later discover) to be untrue that after a while it all blends together and if we're not careful, everything certain people see sounds equally crazy. You should see some of the e-mail we get. Some of it's valid concerns and some of it actually does help us catch people cheating -- I don't want to say we think you're all nutjobs, because that's so not true -- but at some point it's hard to take any of it seriously. That's not anyone's specific fault, it's just one of those things.

Who knows, maybe talking about some of this stuff in a forum like this will help in the long run. If I'm not too busy hearing that Leika = Balgrimnr for the 389th time maybe I'd laugh at other commentary less readily.

I wish that thread hadn't gone, btw. Don't blame Lyr too much. The problem is that there's a "delete post" button that appears on each post in our forums for forum admins, but what it actually does is nuke the whole thread. There are also "hide post" and "delete reply" buttons that are somewhat more well hidden. Don't ask me why the DCForum folks built it that way, but I've permanently deleted more than my own share of threads the same way over the years.