Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectThe Vault yell and assorted queries
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=433&mesg_id=439
439, The Vault yell and assorted queries
Posted by Yhorian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I forget its exact wordings at the moment - but I'm going to make a wild accusation about it.

You thought 'this is going to be an awesome skill' - and put in that hilarious yell :P I'm guessing little/no consultation with anyone else so you figured sneak in a little something special. Someone noticed, cut it back to something that retains a certain decency (and all the fun). And afterwards was created a no swearing rule for echos in general. Nepenthe goes on a two week bender, and wakes up in a vietnamese whorehouse. The resulting memory loss does not stop the trip inspiring 20-30 similar echo's that could be added to present skills. Such as a mandatory cackle/evilgasm for a binder when he shadowdrags a trussed opponent. Or certain orc whores having drawbacks that don't include feeling manly (incidently, I want my 100 copper back. I know it costs 50, but I had to try it twice to make sure :D Who did think up that little bit o' craziness? )

Anyhow, was there a partner in crime? Perhaps martians were involved somehow? Just hoping for the yell but any made up story to go with its cool. And throw in the story behind coding up the polymorph spell that the imms were throwing at annoying mortals for a while. Does it do anything other than 'frog mode'?

Yhorian.