Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectOne thing that would definitely help
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=1824&mesg_id=2126
2126, One thing that would definitely help
Posted by Mek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've always felt that there should be some kind of automated progging once a mage hits the first eligible level for the sleeks (sienna at...25? 30 now?) This is pretty much entirely for the new players who may be going about their business with little contact with this site, and possibly none with Dio's.

Basically, things tend to make sense when you call up your class' skill, spell, and commune list. It's easy to grasp the idea that mages can use scrolls, talismans, and wands from looking at the available skills. Yet, without OOC research new players are probably going to be clueless.

Something as simple as an echo, upon the appropriate level gain, directing the player to the helpfile for sleek rods.

Additionally, and probably of much less importance, if someone could come up with a cool backstory to the unique nature of the sleek rods, I think it would be a good thing. Hell, aside from sheer nostalgic familiarity I don't really care too much for their names. I'd actually be willing to submit a piece of literature to flesh this out, if there's interest. If not, I'm won't waste my time.