Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectAddendas:
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=433&mesg_id=606
606, Addendas:
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't feel comfortable naming a name on that one count without discussing it with the rest of Team IMP, so for the moment I'm going to call that an unnamed person. Sorry.

Thinking about what I wrote above, I think it's also worth pointing out that pretty much everyone who's ever been an imm with any amount of power/authority has made bad judgement calls at times. Sometimes you pick someone to be a cabal leader and it's a bad choice. Sometimes you go afk full vis with a title about being off in search of curry. Maybe you run a quest with a dumb plot or you kill too many people in the process. Maybe you overreach your authority and do something you shouldn't without consulting someone else first. Whatever.

None of us are perfect, and we all make mistakes. Sometimes you make what seems like the best choice at the time and later on when you have all the facts it doesn't seem so good. Up to a point, and based on past judgement/history, we don't punish staff internally for these things. What you don't want is a staff that never does anything interesting or fun or memorable for fear of getting denied if they sneeze wrong. I consider a staff full of people actively doing stuff, even if mistakes are sometimes made, to be better for the game than no staff. Obviously, undesirable patterns of bad judgement can be a different story. I don't generally consider these things to be cheating.

So there's that.

On the other hand, you have actual, clear-cut, no way you thought you were doing something okay, cheating, like multi'ing gear over from an imm character to a mortal character. Things like that, I assure you (and some of you'll believe me and some of you won't, and that's okay), are dealt with very harshly and with very little tolerance.