Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectBlessing from potion and message about Muuloc
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=9116
9116, Blessing from potion and message about Muuloc
Posted by Kruldah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You quaff a black potion.
You harness the power given to you by Muuloc, and bring solace to the wounded.
You feel better!
I am just a warrior and not the priest of Muuloc. Why did I get that message?

9150, By design. Mostly.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Any divine powers channeled through you in particular will be through Muuloc, regardless of class. That's on purpose.

Code-wise, there's no way for the spell to know how you got the ability to 'cast' it by the time those echoes are used. We usually avoid putting clerical abilities on devices for storyline reasons, but healing potions are a common exception. Most of the abilities we do use have non-Muuloc-mentioning analog (like Cure Critical) which we'll use first, but if the desired effect isn't available (like Restoration, here), we'll go with what's there.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
9151, RE: By design. Mostly.
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just...uhm...of all the Imms, why was Muuloc picked? I can see lots of people having unhappiness with that Imm, compared to say...Guerric or someone even, a non-"blow lots of people up" Imm.
9155, Uh.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Because the character in question is a follower of Muuloc. Characters who do not follow Muuloc receive no Muuloc-based echoes.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
9163, Oops, sorry.
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ah, in reading your response it said "you", I read that as a general you players. Didn't know this character's backstory at all.