Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectEquipment hoarding bug
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=6963
6963, Equipment hoarding bug
Posted by Ghadorzi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hello,

I have what might be a bug to report. On 3/23 or 3/24 (I can't recall exactly which day) I obtained a burrow-warden's mithril pickaxe, the hide from a wooly mammoth and several other limited items (including a smoldering dagger named 'Dragon's Tooth' and a white silk gi embroidered with a green dragon) from a PK. Approximately half an hour later I logged off. When I logged back on this morning - 3/26, I got the following:

Welcome to The Carrion Fields. Let the bloodshed begin!
It is 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Shadows.
You know, it's not nice to hoard equipment.

With that message, the pickaxe and hide were gone, but the other items remained.

I think this is a bug due to the very short amount of time between log-ins and the fact that the other limited stuff didn't go. If it isn't a bug, is it realistic to expect people to log in essentially every day in order to keep certain items?

Thanks for the help,
Ghadorzi
6964, By design.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1) It's possible for an equipment purge to hit only some of your limited items (the rarest).

If it isn't a bug, is it realistic to expect people to log in essentially every day in order to keep certain items?

2) No, and we don't.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com