Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectgreater shields and emotes
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=6817
6817, greater shields and emotes
Posted by Vershelt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Invoker can pat me on the head, but I cannot pat invoker. Should be recriprocal, no? If I can't get close enough to do it, invoker shouldn't be able to get close enough to me no?
7418, By Design
Posted by Yanoreth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The invoker while under shields can reach out through the shields to do these kinds of socials. That doesn't mean you can safely reach through the invoker's shields to do the same.

And no, I'm not going to code it so that if you're resistant to the shield type you can reach through it from the outside. Those shields are more than just the elements they are made of - they constitute a physical barrier, too.
6887, RE: greater shields and emotes
Posted by Flixsotopeck on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What he's talking about is when you have shield of say waves up, you can't don't certain social commands to others, like hug someone. Next time I'm on, I can show you what he's talking about if you want. What I would like to see changed is that you can do the socials if they are protected from the element that you have the shield of up, like with bash. Can we keep that on the down low?
6838, I have no idea what you are trying to say
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Invoker can pat me on the head, but I cannot pat invoker.
>Should be recriprocal, no? If I can't get close enough to do
>it, invoker shouldn't be able to get close enough to me no?

Explain a little better?
6864, RE: I have no idea what you are trying to say
Posted by Vershelt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The emote. When I type "pat " I get "you can't get close enough" as an echo. Meaning his greater shield is keeping me away from him.

But he can use the emote and "pat" me.

My post was saying it should work both ways, either we can both pat eachother or neither can pat the other.

Hope that explains better.