Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectNot re: Anything, but Commerce XP:
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=6150
6150, Not re: Anything, but Commerce XP:
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There was a bug in Commerce XP which prevented max-level characters (including Spectres and level 50 orcs) from accumulating more Commerce XP towards Haggle improvements and other rewards. This is fixed for next crash/reboot.

In related news, after some review of the rate of Commerce XP accumulation, I lowered the "other reward" thresholds a bit. We were erring on the side of caution initially, but the numbers look good enough to go back to a less conservative position on that.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
6162, *sob*
Posted by Calheil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So...we'd see the exp gains, but it wouldn't get saved? Or was it just not applied to the bonuses? Just curious exactly how much of my merchantiling was an effort in futility exp-wise.
6165, RE: *sob*
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It wasn't being properly tallied for the purposes of accumulating those bonuses I mentioned. I caught it while looking into how the thresholds were working- I'd seen a couple characters with one extra Commerce skill, but nothing more.

I don't have a good way to track prior attempts, but I'll talk to a couple imms about looking into ways to help out the Commerce-happy people.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com