Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectGhost Death + No Ghost at Inner Guardian.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=6068
6068, Ghost Death + No Ghost at Inner Guardian.
Posted by Thiefy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I walked into the Inner Guardians as a Ghost, and was Instantly killed. Okay, didn't know that would happen, but lesson learned.

Then I realized that I was killed AND made corporeal to boot. The Imm. I spoke to said that this was a new 'compromise', but to post it here (as its not compromise to anything that I can tell, just a very very bad extra death).

Bad surprise, very bad surprise.
6091, Cannot reproduce this. (n/t)
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
6094, Bad wording
Posted by Domino on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't think he meant to say he was "instantly killed" like the cold blood echo you get when you attack the OUTER guardians as a ghost. I think it was probably just his first time encountering an INNER guardian while a ghost, which effectively turns you corporeal over again. If you're naked and unable to defend yourself, chances are you'll die very quickly, which may explain his use of "instant death". Anyway, that's just my take
6177, More info
Posted by Thiefy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I raided and died to the Inners. I then returned (as a Ghost) and was Damage-killed in one hit by the Inners again. When I stood up from the Altar this second time, I was 0%hp %0m but I was corporeal (with PK Range). I looked back at my log, and it looks like it was supposed to make me corporeal, then kill me again, but the timeline got messed up or something.
6324, RE: More info
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I moved some of the code around about unghosting here, so it may be fixed, but I couldn't repro either.

A log would be helpful if it occurs again.