Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectmobs tripping/bashing/disarming
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=5029
5029, mobs tripping/bashing/disarming
Posted by Mreenaria on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've noticed that many mobs will trip, bash, or disarm, and don't seem to be subject to the same lag from such actions that a player would be. The ones that come primarily to mind are the Royal Guards in Arial City. When fighting them, I regularly get tripped every other round when fighting a single guard. This even goes for disarming. The guard can trip you, then disarm you while you're still lagged, and if you've got even one command in the que at the time, when your extra command goes off at the end of the trip lag, it can trip you again, and keep tripping you, keeping you perma-lagged with no weapon. I know this isn't the only example, but it's the one I've delt with most recently, and the only one I remember off the top of my head.
5031, By design.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This has been covered a few times. NPCs are not governed by the same rules of lag that PCs are. This partially compensates for the many, many advantages a PC has, such as knowing when to flee, tracking down a wounded target, working in groups as desired, etc.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com