Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectSomething wrong with retreating at centurions...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=4372
4372, Something wrong with retreating at centurions...
Posted by Jinroh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have killed both of the Imperials in my range about 5 to 8 minutes ago. I know from experience that it takes about three ticks for the "silent menace" to wear off after attacking an imperial and being in centurions. Now, I have just raided the Palace and I scan south and there are centurions there. Kaplanov is a Tribunal who may or may not be grouped with the Imperials. Here is me scanning south.

You scan south.
***** Range 1 *****
(WANTED) Janakt is here, fighting an Imperial Centurion.
(Translucent) a sifaka lemur is here, fighting Janakt.
(Ghost) Nynncynno is here.
Zykym is here.
Vlaugniur is here.
Olofo is here.
Kaplanov is here.
A Centurion stands here collecting the tithe for the Empire.
A villager passes by on their way about town.

Two centurions. Janakt is already fighting centurions. I head south.

s
Entrance to the village of Balator

(WANTED) Janakt is here, fighting an Imperial Centurion.
(Translucent) a sifaka lemur is here, fighting Janakt.
(Ghost) Nynncynno is here.
Zykym is here.
Vlaugniur is here.
Olofo is here.
Kaplanov is here.

*** I have now left south and now at the centurions. I fight the centurions. Kaplanov attacks me along with the lemur. I attempt to retreat north (being the way I came in I should be able to retreat that way) and this happens. ***

<318hp 269m 840mv 18917tnl Time:11 AM Phase:new Landscape:civilized retreat n
An Imperial Centurion blocks your path and prevents
you from fleeing past.
You can't try to retreat in that direction.
Kaplanov has a few scratches.

*** I stun Kaplanov and the centurion I originally started on is dead and attempt it again. Same thing. ***

<68hp 270m 842mv 18917tnl Time:11 AM Phase:new Landscape:civilized> You get a little madder.
A sifaka lemur is in perfect health.

<68hp 270m 842mv 18917tnl Time:11 AM Phase:new Landscape:civilized> An Imperial Centurion blocks your path and prevents
you from fleeing past.
You can't try to retreat in that direction.
A sifaka lemur is in perfect health.

*** What is interesting is that this is where the command goes in and I get the message right away. Usually with retreat I put the command it, it says something like "you prepare to make your retreat" and then the round after you attempt. This one is failing me right away. This may be part of when the mud checks if there is even a direction to retreat, no idea. I'll leave it up for you to figure it out. Also know that the centurion I was fighting died in the second one, but yet it is still blocking me. Any help would be great, frustrating to have a skill that should work according to everything, but does something like this, causing me to die. ***

4546, FNCR (n/t)
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t