Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectIn hopes the messenger won't get shot.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=3800
3800, In hopes the messenger won't get shot.
Posted by Felar Serpent on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A constriction issue of a very different kind. Take a look at this, if you will.

{ 556_1074hp 617_1004m 544_693mv } { 4 PM wilderness } constrict ves
You begin to slowly entwine Vessilan.

*** An elven transmuter that I had begun to constrict. The fight goes on for a few more combat rounds when a warrior ally of the transmuter arrives, and steps in. Shortly afterwards, the warrior rescues the transmuter as seen below.

{ 673_1074hp 617_1004m 544_693mv } { 4 PM wilderness }
Sanithien rescues Vessilan from you!
Sanithien has a few scratches.

*** I continue to tank them both after this, with the constriction nearing its completion on the elven transmuter who as expected isn't able to resist spamming neurological disruption. Thus Vessilan meets his lovely fate.

{ 243_1074hp 607_1004m 550_693mv } { 5 PM wilderness }
You give a final squeeze and Vessilan is DEAD!
Vessilan's arm is sliced from its dead body.

*** I then attempt to flee so I can safely regenerate and hunt the warrior down without any further interruption, when...

{ 137_1074hp 607_1004m 550_693mv } { 5 PM wilderness } flee
You dodge Sanithien's smash.
You dodge Sanithien's smash.
Sanithien's smash MUTILATES you!
You sure are BLEEDING!
You are too tightly entwined to escape! <--

*** With this as the result.

Sanithien delivers a punishing pugil strike with his staff!
Sanithien's pugil strike *** DEMOLISHES *** you!
You have been KILLED!!

*** The MUD seemed to consider my anaconda form to still be in the last stages of the constriction process, hence the 'entwined too tightly' message. I wasn't able to check my affects list during it all, but I wouldn't be surprised if it would have shown 'skill: constriction -1 hours'. It seems Sanithien's rescue during the constriction confused the MUD a little.

It's a somewhat rare situation. But I hope you will fix it when time allows.

The previous problem with constriction which I annoyed Zulghinlour with saved the lives of Sanithien and Voebyn during this same session, by the way. They both fled one room and returned immediatly afterwards during constriction, but the process did not resume automatically from the last completed step as it used to.

My apologies for the lengthy post.
3855, RE: In hopes the messenger won't get shot.
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Given that Sanithien is a whip spec, and constriction doesn't ever use any of the entwine code (which is what prevented you from fleeing). I'm going to guess that sometime in the fight Sanithen entwined you preventing you from fleeing.

When the victim dies, all constriction affects are stripped.

3857, You are quite right.
Posted by Felar Serpent on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I confused the 'entwine' message of Sanithien's entwine skill with that of the late stages of the constriction process.

Bare with me Zulgh. He's my first hero, and I'm still learning the ropes.
3862, RE: You are quite right.
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I confused the 'entwine' message of Sanithien's entwine skill
>with that of the late stages of the constriction process.

No biggie.

>Bare with me Zulgh. He's my first hero, and I'm still
>learning the ropes.

The anaconda constrict definitely had issues with it. I think I've fixed most of them, and tossed in a bunch of logging to make sure. If you see stuff that's wierd, post it. That's what the board is for.