Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectPoison bugs, going to bundle these..
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=2783
2783, Poison bugs, going to bundle these..
Posted by Beltantis. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
(921/921hp 672/677m 570/764mv 11157tnl civilized 3 AM)
Yanacek steps out of the shadows.
A cloth covered hand slips around to cover your mouth and nose.
You are forced to breathe in the poisonous vapors.
You feel a warm sense of well being overcome you.

Counterattack didn't go off.

(921/921hp 672/677m 570/764mv 11157tnl civilized 3 AM)
Floriyase: Actually, there is one chance.

Yanacek tries to give you *snip*, but you decline.
You are thirsty.

(921/921hp 677/677m 629/764mv 11157tnl civilized 4 AM)
Yanacek suggests you to 'quaff *snip*'.
You do not have that potion.

Now here, this in my opinion is no different than suggesting someone suicide. Pwk Items should be immune to suggests, I can think of three off the top of my head and *snip* specifically is the easiest to obtain. I'm going to say its a bug but it could be a gameplay issue, if he'd have planted it while I was knocked out then suggested it after I woke up I'd have been killed without a chance to survive since you can't save against pwk'ing yourself.
2797, One bug per post.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1) Counterattack did not go off because you didn't know it was coming, and the attempt was successful. It's similar to how you can still be assassinated.

2) The quaffing issue has been raised before, and the prevailing opinion is that it is essentially a very roundabout way to cast PWK on someone. (Often a bad version of it, because of the level of the items involved.) You've also had to invest time/effort in the poison ingredients as well as the quaffable item. It's not a bug, and it has been deemed to not be a gameplay issue either.

3) Regarding: since you can't save against pwk'ing yourself

That's inaccurate.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
2799, RE: One bug per post.
Posted by Sailatinu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This makes me think one thing, just incase it is possible to do.
Is it possible for them to suggest you to actually perform typing "suicide" to kill yourself?

It has not come up, thats why I ask.
2803, It is not.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Regarding other posts on this topic: This is the Bug Board, not Gameplay. We will delete misplaced posts in order to keep our queue organized and this forum's purpose focused.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com