Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectNonstandard behaviour with leverage.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=24625
24625, Nonstandard behaviour with leverage.
Posted by xyfa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This seems like a bug to me, but maybe its just an exception to the rule. Quite hard to reproduce probably, but pretty significant when it happens. Might be why people said leverage was underperforming for them a while ago?

Expected: leverage kicks lagging component should apply before the damage so you can't wimpy out of it.

Actual: leverage kick applies the damage, then the lagging component along with the sprawl message, so you can wimpy when it hits then the lag applies once you've moved.

*SNIP*

Steps to reproduce:
1. Fight a staff/spear spec with same leverage modifying characteristics as the destructor (assuming just giant size if that helps).
2. Set wimpy really low.
3. When health drops below 50%, set wimpy to 50% after a melee round.
4. Repeat until you catch a leverage and observe you'll wimpy then be lagged one room over assuming the flee succeeds.

Repro rate: only happened to me once, but it looks like it'd be pretty consistent in the right circumstances.
24641, Color me surprised - fixed.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm impressed, you're spot on. Like exactly right as to what the issue is.

In leverage, the lag was being applied AFTER the damage - which gives it a disadvantage and allows wimpy to fire once the damage hit you.

Totally correct diagnosis, and super helpful info that made it easy for me to reproduce.

Thanks and props!