Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectmako shark swimto has lag on it before striking
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=24574
24574, mako shark swimto has lag on it before striking
Posted by Mako Shark on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know if this is a bug or not, but for the most offensive form of that tier (just below highest) and considering a lot of flyto forms have 0 lag, is this by design that it has a 1 whole round lag before you can actually attack?

It makes this form almost useless as an offensive water form where it can only be used. Thanks for the consideration.
24575, Probably working as intended.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I imagine you aren't a water major.
24578, RE: Probably working as intended.
Posted by Openers on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think this is likely a "shark thing" as both Mako and Great white have significant lag from swimto, even as a water major. This allows them to never catch a running person that’s on the water unless that person stops. And, if their target is prepared the target will be able to make the first action 100% of the time due to that lag. I was told this was intentional or I was imagining it as a great white shark when I had it. From my experience, these are the only water forms with swimto that seem to have this extensive lag.

I attributed the lag on sharks in general, including the Great white shark "murder" lag to be by design even if it doesn't quite seem right as the one playing the shifter.

As a secondary observation, Mako likely gets out damaged by a swordfish. Mako looks to be about half a damage noun worth of damage, per hit, from where it should be as the peak damage form for tier two considering how poorly it tanks.