Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectstill buggy corpse code at pits
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=2205
2205, still buggy corpse code at pits
Posted by Sossaphrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Died at the pit. Waited until I thought it was safe to loot my corpse, because of the burning things on it.

Looted a little too soon, and was incapacitated. Ended up leaving four corpses when I finally died from the mortal wounds. Unfortunately I didn't log it but as my enemies turned up while I was mortally wounded hopefully one of them can send in the log.

I can't remember whether 3 corpses were from the looting and one from the original death (to frightful fiend) or whether it was two corpses to each.
2234, How many burning items did you grab?
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And when did they kill you?
2255, the details
Died to fiend at pit.

Mud appears to freeze. Maybe this lag is intentional though.

Sat there a bit, healing up.

When I thought I had enough hp, I did a get all corpse. Got a pile of stuff from my corpse without being hurt. There was one fiery item still on my corpse. I get that and get hurt by it.

I don't die though. Instead, I am mortally wounded on -3 hp or something because I had a decent amount of hp when I grabbed it. I am paralysed there for 7 hours or whatever it takes until I get to -10 hp and die.

At this point, mud appears to freeze again.

Unfortunately, my killer is now at the pit.

I look at my first corpse, and my second corpse, and then I leave the area thinking I've been full-looted.

Turns out there were 4 corpses of mine there and I wasn't full-looted. My stuff was on corpses three and four.

At no stage did I get any feedback from the mud suggesting that a burning item killed me outright. I just got the original death from fiend, then a mortal wound. I took the burning item once and that caused the mortal wound.

I'd send the log only unfortunately I wasn't logging this session.
2262, RE: the details
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First off...when you die at your recall point, you are lagged, and that is intentional.

Second...according to the logs...you were killed by a fiend. Died twice to looting your corpse. Then died from starvation. 4 corpses.

09/28/2003 09:16:10 Sossaphrin killed by mental assault
09/28/2003 09:16:26 Sossaphrin killed by burning hands
09/28/2003 09:16:26 Sossaphrin killed by burning hands
09/28/2003 09:23:30 Sossaphrin killed by hit

I'll try and play around some more with corpse looting stuff, and see.
2263, regarding the starvation
I'm almost sure that what you have taken to be starvation would have been when I got mortally wounded by the burning (which was, as far as I was aware, the first time I took the burning thing from my corpse. I had something like 27 hp when I tried it and dropped to -3). I then just took damage each tick owing to the mortal wounds coding until I died. At no stage was I starving. It looks too soon to starve to death and I didn't have any gear that causes starving immediately on me.

Thanks for looking into it anyway.