Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectKingpin blackball enforced from beyond the grave
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=21889
21889, Kingpin blackball enforced from beyond the grave
Posted by Thief3345 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If a thief gets blackballed, they cannot join that guild even when it later has no leader. If not a bug, maybe when a thief guild leader leaves his position (deletes, coup, etc.), it should clear the blackballs from that guild.
21897, RE: Kingpin blackball enforced from beyond the grave
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not. I'm going to see what the rest of the staff thinks and implement the consensus.
21929, RE: Kingpin blackball enforced from beyond the grave
Posted by Thief44334 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In case this hasn't been decided yet, I'd like to make the case for clearing blackballs when kingpin's change, delete.

The Kingpin can blackball because he owns the guild so to speak...the idea is he's in charge and as long as that's true, he runs it how he wants. Well, he then deleted. There is a new kingpin and he's happy to have me join the guild. But, because blackballs aren't cleared upon a kingpin's demise, the new kingpin's control of the guild is diminished.

In the case that prompted me to post a bug about this, the Kingpin of Galadon was an imperial. I did not know this and joined. I saw him awake once and he blackballed me when I greeted him on the guild channel. Never saw him again. He would blackball any rager in this case. So, once he's gone, you have a situation where any blackballed villagers can never belong to the Galadon guild even if a rager took leadership of the guild.

Also, in my case, the guild sat there with no leader for awhile and I should have been able to take control, but could not because of the will of a bygone leader.

Thanks,
Thief