Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectBloody pecker
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=21201
21201, Bloody pecker
Posted by Bell on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would prefer this response be as generic as possible, but I understand the specific nature of the issue may make that difficult.

As Tovyn I was given the burrowing owl for placing in the latest role contest. After taking the 'bloody pecker' edge (best/worst edge name, btw) peck seems to be making my targets blind at a lower rate than before.

I didn't test much before I took the edge, so that part of my analysis is very anecdotal. However, since taking the edge, I would imagine I've used it over 200 times on NPCs (mostly overseers at the manor trying to get familiar with the form) and a handful (<10) of times on PCs. I have blinded once, on an overseer, and that was late in my testing. Roughly, I would say the rate of successfully blinding the target has been between .5% and .75%.

I understand that the burrowing owl isn't a top tier form, and may not be supposed to have a high success rate on this, but this seems abnormally (buggy) low, especially for how expensive the edge is. I was curious as to whether or not the form being gifted and not my true major/minor might have some effect.

Thanks for looking into it.
23739, Could not reproduce.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seems fine to me. Bloody pecker improves your chance, always.