Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectBroken marked items and repops.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=19392
19392, Broken marked items and repops.
Posted by drow299 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Now I've had the same very very annoying problem twice in a row.

I've had a certain item, then I die, it doesn't go away in chromatic flames so it's not overmaxed, while still a ghost I get the item broken marked, so I drop it, sac it, run to the mob who has it, kill it once, since the first time it's illusionary just to find out that it is illusionary again right after.

So, the first time I killed it 3-4 times, then I waited an hour, and killed it again. (I know none killed in between.) Still it wasn't there. I log out. 5 hours later I logon in again, go kill the mob (still illusionary) and BAM! It's back. (MIGHT have been a reboot involved as well in those 5 hours, can't remember now.)

Today it all happened again, the exact same thing. This time I've waited for 2 hours and still the item is just illusionary! And I know it should be in, none has killed the mob in between, it wasn't overmaxed etc.
19454, In Soviet Russia, the system games you
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Way to try and game the system, but it's not that easy. As the comment in the code says...

// You don't get to just sac a broken item and go get it again