Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectShirka
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=18102
18102, Shirka
Posted by Doge on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am unable to forestblend with my shirka, example follows:

<100%/517 65%/494 100%/510 (49.42%) 3 PM outdoor wilderness resting> l
In the Heart of the Forest
You are standing in the center of a large clearing, neatly surrounded by trees ...

<100%/517 65%/494 100%/510 (49.42%) 3 PM outdoor wilderness standing> forestblend

There is no cover here.

Happens in all rooms I've looked at that are foresty. Also, I am unable to fly from any guild with shirka.
18104, You're not in a forest room...
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
<100%/517 65%/494 100%/510 (49.42%) 3 PM outdoor wilderness resting>

In form you'll see the difference between wilderness and forest in your prompt, and when it's forest you'll be able to blend there. This particular room is not a forest.
18112, OK
I still think this is off. I tried many rooms, all had forest in the room desc. but none worked. The prompt never switched over. I'm assuming it should behave like a ranger with forest terrain then? Could you give me a room where this should work then? If not, say, the Virgin Forest then where? Also, this is the reason I mentioned the fly thing. I thought all forms should be able to fly from guilds but this does not work with shirka. It just seems like the shirka behaves a bit off.
18117, RE: OK
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I still think this is off. I tried many rooms, all had forest
>in the room desc. but none worked. The prompt never switched
>over.

Then it's not a forest. For example the room you logged the bug with is actually a clearing in a forest...and is thus marked as a field, not a forest.

>I'm assuming it should behave like a ranger with forest
>terrain then? Could you give me a room where this should work
>then? If not, say, the Virgin Forest then where?

Go to the West Crossroads out the west gate of galadon, go west once and north once. That's a forest room.
18123, RE: OK
Got it. Thanks. And it works fine. I was completely confusing a room desc with the prompt variable.

Could you please confirm that not all air forms with fly are able to fly from their guilds?