Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectNot affected, yet affected?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=17737
17737, Not affected, yet affected?
Posted by Transmuter on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
c 'disrupt flesh' storm
You disrupt an elite storm giant soldier's flesh!
Your disruption *** DEVASTATES *** an elite storm giant soldier!
You can't learn the nuances of disrupt flesh since an elite storm giant soldier is immune to your attack!
An elite storm giant soldier is convulsing on the ground.

17739, By design.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's immune to your weapon. This is the exact case that piece of code is for.
17771, Can we consider the message a bug
Posted by Valkenar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It seems like you get this same bug report constantly. Making a few extra messages to describe it more accurately could constitute a "fix."

Can you just change it to:
You can't learn the nuances of disrupt flesh since an elite storm giant soldier is immune to your weapon!

Or if differentiating the cause is annoying, how about:

You can't learn the nuances of disrupt flesh since an elite storm giant soldier is immune to your attack or melee blows!

Because like everyone else when I see the message it has now, it sounds like "the attack you just hit him with" not "the attacks you swung at him last round"

I mean it's an unintuitive, unrealistic mechanic just meant to make practicing more difficult anyway. It's not like that text is really valuable IC content that needs to have a lot of flavor.
17778, I updated them to be...
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You can't learn the nuances of disrupt flesh since an elite storm giant soldier is immune to your <insert damage type here>, from whichever weapon triggered it.