Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectUber Fester
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=16324
16324, Uber Fester
Posted by Masigner on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Due to various ic events, my familiar is now different to how he was before.

Most changes are rather nice, but I notice that he seems to be much worse at tanking. I think his dam redux is significantly inferior to what it was before?

Before, he would never take caps damage from a mob's melee hits, whereas now he seems to take dismembers and mutilates. I almost wonder if he has lost the benefit of some of the familiar edges? Or alternatively some dam redux inherent in his original form?

He might have less hp too. I'm not sure about that one. The main thing is he seems to get hurt by hits worse than before.

Of course, this may all be by design, but my impression is that this was not the intention.

Thanks,
M
16326, FNCR
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It may not be what it was before, but you should be in the ballpark next reboot. I'd forgotten that I decided to handle some of that a different way.
16364, More Familiars
Posted by Drekindythe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Curiosity, would my familiar be in a reasonable range currently? Right now, it takes five EVISCERATES, and goes from full health to convulsing.

Perhaps I'm not thinking outside the box at that point, but my familiar's pretty much been reduced to scouting and spying, since the only active commands it has involve fighting, and a single decent backstab or good round of fighting will kill it.
16365, It would help...
If you would say which familiar it is.

Some familiars can take a beating, and some can't.
16369, RE: It would help...
Posted by Drekindythe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry, figured he hadn't, maybe I could get away without saying it either. I likes my sneakiness. Anyways, it's the shadowcat. Which...like I said, it has NO skills, so if it can't take a beating, I'll just assume it's good for scouting :)

*mutters something about deadbeat dads not even knowing which familiars his own cabalmembers have* ;)
16370, Yeah, that one's fragile.
And it's mostly meant to have scouting power -- it has pass door, and it's the only familiar that you could have drawn with detect hidden.