Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectDruid pets scream multiple times in fight but don't att...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=15537
15537, Druid pets scream multiple times in fight but don't att...
Posted by Smashtro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Expected: When I initiate a fight with someone and I have a COW and a treant, I expect both of them to scream once and attack the enemy.

Actual: Usually, this is the case. There are times though when the pets scream multiple times--sometimes in the same round--and don't attack the enemy.

Steps to Reproduce: Initiate fights with COW and treant and see how many times they scream and/or attack.

Repro Rate: 2/4

FYI: I have Ehren soul edge. Could that be causing the pets' attacks to fail?

Typical example:

I have a COW and a treant. Enemy warrior walks into room, hits briars (plantgrowth on road). He's lagged.

I initiate with a thornheart. It misses, enemy gets some free hits.

Next round, enemy feints me. We exchange blows. Treant screams at enemy. COW screams at enemy. The pets don't actually attack though.

Next round, enemy severs my artery. I order the treant to rescue me, which he does. It says, "The Treant starts aiming at ." Neither pet attacks enemy.

Next round, enemy hits treant. I hit enemy. COW screams twice at enemy, but doesn't attack. Treant doesn't attack.

Next round, enemy hits treant. I hit enemy. COW screams twice at enemy, but still doesn't attack. Treant still doesn't attack.

Next round, enemy flees.
15584, Got a log?
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This typically happens because the charmie in question can't see what it's trying to attack. I thought I had fixed all the possibilities of this, and really don't know where to start without a log (charmies in question, room in question, day/night/time in question).
15591, RE: Got a log?
Posted by Gnamrish on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not sure if it is doing the same thing since mine is just the puppy but it looks like they keep screaming if they don't get any attacks to land.

civilized <89%hp 10%m 100%mv 1765tnl (59.14%)> 4 PM k cent
Your pierce grazes a huge centipede.
You parry a huge centipede's sting.
A hellhound puppy screams and attacks a huge centipede!
A huge centipede has some small but disgusting cuts.

civilized <89%hp 10%m 100%mv 1765tnl (59.14%)> 4 PM
You charge at a huge centipede, goring him with your horns!
Your impaling mauls a huge centipede.
A huge centipede's sting scratches you.
A huge centipede is writhing in agony.

civilized <86%hp 10%m 100%mv 1765tnl (59.14%)> 4 PM
A huge centipede's sting nearly strikes you before you turn it away.
A huge centipede is convulsing on the ground.

Not sure if that helps but there you go.