Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectForging Annointed Weapons
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=14993
14993, Forging Annointed Weapons
Posted by Dwarf Paladin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am not entirely sure if this is a bug or not, but I think it might be as it seems somewhat odd. I can not post a log cause the first session ended, but I thought about it and thought it was odd, so logged back in to report it, so i will describe what happened.

I got the Mace of Redemption form an area and to test out what manner it struck with fought a wraith, and when I saw it had a physical attack and was made of mithril, decided to forge it. However, before I did that I anointed the weapon with the retribution virtue.
When retribution is placed on it, the weapon gets an added bonus of +2 ability to do damage and +2 ability to land accurate blows when you lore it, (does not stack 2 to the already innate bonuses of the weapon) so you end up seeing two bonuses to damage and two to hit.

I believe, and I might be wrong, that the initial weapon is +4 damage and +2 accuracy +20 durability +20 mental. So It had that and the addition +2 damage and +2 hit.

After I forged the weapon, I lored it again to see how the forge went. This is what I saw.
'When worn it affects your ability to land accurate blows by 4 points, your ability to do damage by 6 points, your ability to do damage by 8 points, your ability to land accurate blows by 6 points, your durability by 20 points and your mental power by 20 points.'

Prior to forging +6 dam, +4 hit
After forging + 14 damage and +10 hit.
Seems the forging but the +4 +4 into the initial attributes and a + 4 dam +2 hit charge into the anointment as well.

I shall try to recreate this and log it with another weapon to confirm what I believe, that the forging modified ever bonus to dam and bonus to accuracy on the weapon, even if they are not naturally there. Also, not sure what happens when anointment wear off, likely just fades and the weapon will return to normal, but thought I would submit it here just in case.
15092, FNCR (n/t)
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t