Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectRe: Control Undead
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=10559
10559, Re: Control Undead
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
All of your undead factor in. No bug.
10560, Hrm...
Posted by Necromancer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The undead I controlled at this point consisted of one zombie, one golem, and one mummy. I am able to control three zombies, one mummy and one golem. So, until I hit my "zombie cap" shouldn't I be able to control an undead npc, regardless of whether or not I have an animate dead timer going (I know the last bit is kind of a different matter, but I am including it all).
10561, RE: Hrm...
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>The undead I controlled at this point consisted of one
>zombie, one golem, and one mummy.

Yup. One and one and one make three.

>I am able to control
>three zombies, one mummy and one golem.

Which is five, but animate dead is a little more generous than control undead.

>So, until I hit
>my "zombie cap" shouldn't I be able to control an undead npc,

Nope! You can have more of your created undead than you can have controlled undead; however, the created undead take time and opportunity to build, and generally don't do as cool of things or survive as much of a beating as some of the controlled undead are capable.

Want to log on and get your cabal item back right away? Control undead is great for that. Deal some damage right after a death? Control undead is great for that, too. It's also often of more use at higher levels where, even after making your ghoul, golem, and first zombie, you're still not at your cap.
10564, RE: Hrm...
Posted by Necro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But the sad-ass duration of the spell kills the possibility of using Control Undead to much effect. 5 hours at the mid 30s? Ugh. This spell is highly situational, as it doesn't last nearly long enough to make proper use of the spell. This spell could definitely use a duration boost + an edge.
10584, Still not a bug...take it to Gameplay if you want to continue (n/t)
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t