Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectH2h, learning rates, and gel.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=10125
10125, H2h, learning rates, and gel.
Posted by Neik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My h2h skill is just under 100%, so when it comes to mastering spells I ought to be able to spam my little heart out without wielding a weapon. I spent 2 hours yesterday casting gel without it budging from 75%. Once I wielded a weapon however, on the next casting it improved. The hitch here is, it seems to be just gel that won't improve without weapons, but with h2h learned. I'd mastered two other spells just before this, also while not wielding a weapon. I can't imagine why gel would be singled out for this, but there you have it.
10301, RE: H2h, learning rates, and gel.
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
H2H and learning rates on gel are completely seperate. There are other reasons why you cannot learn gel, it is likely one of those.
10322, Not to be argumentative...
Posted by Neikulous on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I stood in the exact same spot the whole time, with the same effects on me. The only thing different between when I wasn't getting any improvements and when I was, was the wielding of a weapon. The very first cast after wielding a weapon the spell improved, same room, same effects, nothing else different. I'm positive it was the not wielding a weapon that did it.
10324, RE: Not to be argumentative...
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>But I stood in the exact same spot the whole time, with the
>same effects on me. The only thing different between when I
>wasn't getting any improvements and when I was, was the
>wielding of a weapon. The very first cast after wielding a
>weapon the spell improved, same room, same effects, nothing
>else different. I'm positive it was the not wielding a weapon
>that did it.

And I made an invoker, advanced him to 50, sat on the ocean and spammed gel while wearing zero clothes and it improved just fine.

Blame the random number generator then.