Subject: "More leadership positions for Herald?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74526
Show all folders

A fan of Herald (Anonymous)Mon 10-May-21 06:50 PM
Charter member
#74526, "More leadership positions for Herald?"

Now that Herald is on an upswing, I wanted to ask: Why is there only one leader position? It's not like Herald leaders get leader weapons (though I bet they'd be the coolest in the game). Getting a leader position in Herald doesn't give you any mechanical advantage - you just get more RP skills.

There's not a lot to work for in Herald. Right now you can go for a second artistry and that's about it.

I'd propose new leader positions - maybe they'd be like Vindi/Justiciar where it would be something that you'd have to be doing well in a domain and get noticed.

Some lame ideas:

Chronicler - Knowledgeable about the content in the Lyceum, encourages others to visit and contribute to the Lyceum, records lore for the current age.

Event Planner - They won't plan an event for you from scratch, but this individual is an event guru. From talking through particulars to hounding people to attend, they ensure that events are as successful as they can be.

Adventure Liaison (I know the names are getting progressively worse). Heralds aren't just Heralds in the Inn. This individual is mostly likely to be out and about slaying dragons and gathering parties to take down Thera's most elite foes to bring glory (and artifacts) to the Lyceum.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IshuliMon 10-May-21 06:59 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2122 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74527, "Some thoughts."
In response to Reply #0

I won't speak for Herald, but some passing thoughts:

Herald leader *does* convey some mechanical benefits. Less con loss, slower aging, standard leader benefits.

I also don't see why you'd be capped to only a second artistry (a Herald immortal is welcome to tell me I'm an idiot on this).

Titles and the assorted are fine, but I don't see the need for more actual leadership positions. Compete for that position of High Herald, I say!

A fan of Herald (Anonymous)Mon 10-May-21 07:31 PM
Charter member
#74528, "RE: Some thoughts."
In response to Reply #1

Thanks for the fast reply. Good points on aging and con. I respect that there's no desire to add more leadership positions but...

> but I don't see the need for more actual leadership positions

At some point, maybe during another Q&A session, I'd love to hear the rationale for what indicates the need for a leader position.

For example, Trib has 5 leader positions. Is it based on the avg amount of cabal members? Why three Provincials?

Thinking about Fort - is the defense side of the Marshall position really _needed_ in terms of adding something massive to the rp and functioning of the cabal? I haven't played a Marshall but I just see it as Captainv2.

IshuliMon 10-May-21 08:38 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2122 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74530, "RE: Some thoughts."
In response to Reply #2

Vindicator and Justiciar are not leader positions and receive no leadership bonuses.

Tribunal has Provost + 3 Provincials (only one gets fancy powers with it).
Outlander has 3.
Battle has 2.
Fortress has 4.
Empire has 5.
etc.

Herald has had more than one High Herald before. I don't see that as necessary, or more leadership positions needed for it. If the goal is just RP powers anyway - I'm more friendly towards titles, artistries, etc. none of which require an additional leader position.

LhydiaMon 10-May-21 08:14 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2377 posts
#74529, "Historically..."
In response to Reply #1

There have always been 2 High Heralds. Until they dropped off a cliff with lower player numbers.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74526 Previous topic | Next topic