Subject: "Offensive treatment by Immortals has confirmed that thi..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #37439
Show all folders

HargarthTue 22-Mar-11 04:38 PM
Member since 22nd Mar 2011
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37439, "Offensive treatment by Immortals has confirmed that this game is no longer worth my while."

The playerbase is declining and is critically low. The immortals seem not to care. Some of them seem to have a negative influence on the game in how they address players.

I think CF is a sinking ship for sure now, and Zulg, my hat is off to you, but something is rotten in this mix and only something a rebirth or a revitalization of great proportions can fix it.

The last straw was after I would not be receiving any Imm XP for the passable humorous role which I put significant effort into for the sole enjoyment of the Immortals.

It seems that particular immortal who did that has lost touch with the players and also what makes for a better all around gaming experience in CF. Out of frusteration, I am going to go ahead and say it was probably a female, and said female was probably PMS'ing, and probably has done this sort of thing before, and will do it again.

Anyway, smell you later not, cf, for you stink.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply You think that's bad? I don't even get Imm xp every tim..., lasentia, 23-Mar-11 07:45 AM, #12
Reply iamokaywiththis.jpg, Batman (Anonymous), 23-Mar-11 01:19 PM, #16
Reply Where is the like button? nt, Borkahd, 23-Mar-11 09:23 PM, #18
Reply <3 Lasentia, Zephon, 26-Mar-11 11:37 PM, #19
Reply RE: Offensive treatment by Immortals has confirmed that..., Daevryn, 23-Mar-11 07:06 AM, #11
Reply I lolled. NT, Batman (Anonymous), 23-Mar-11 01:01 PM, #15
Reply Once upon a time, Gaplemo, 23-Mar-11 03:51 AM, #10
Reply Don't try to please immortals, Murphy, 23-Mar-11 03:03 AM, #8
Reply Enjoying the game should come a lot easier, MoetEtChandon, 22-Mar-11 06:08 PM, #3
Reply We have a winner, incognito, 23-Mar-11 03:20 PM, #17
Reply This is the funniest "I'm leaving!" post maybe ever., TMNS, 22-Mar-11 05:38 PM, #2
Reply RE: Offensive treatment by Immortals has confirmed that..., Enlilth, 22-Mar-11 04:49 PM, #1
     Reply Since hes gone, can we PLEASE see the role in question?..., Artificial, 22-Mar-11 06:30 PM, #4
     Reply corrected, Scarabaeus, 22-Mar-11 08:54 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Since hes gone, can we PLEASE see the role in quest..., seilclavin (Anonymous), 22-Mar-11 09:04 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Offensive treatment by Immortals has confirmed that..., Sivyh (Anonymous), 23-Mar-11 01:46 AM, #7
          Reply Care to provide a link? I want to read that., Murphy, 23-Mar-11 03:08 AM, #9
          Reply http://www.facebook.com/#!/carrionfields, Borkahd, 23-Mar-11 09:29 AM, #13
          Reply *like* (n/t), Nnaeshuk, 23-Mar-11 11:40 AM, #14

lasentiaWed 23-Mar-11 07:45 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37459, "You think that's bad? I don't even get Imm xp every tim..."
In response to Reply #0

What the hell imms?

This one time I even PK'd someone and no Imm personally appeared before me, told me I was awesome and that I could have two legacies of my choice and a quest form on my herald bard, which is BS, cause my insane skills of using grand nocturne on an orc is by the far the most original combat tactic ever and so my greateness should have been rewarded.

I guess I'll just stop playing until the imms send me a formal written apology and promise to grant me the slay command with all my future characters. I mean, it's not like CF could possibly exist without me.

Oh wait.

We have a kick ass volunteer Imm staff that really should not have to even acknowledge whiny posts like this, but do it anyway cause they do care about CF and the players, which is funny cause the poster really care about himself. Oh, I wrote my role for you imms, but since you didn't give me imm xp f*** you and your game. What a bunch of self serving bull.

Grow the hell up man.
And sorry, but seeing enough of these posts complaining just annoys me.

Batman (inactive user)Wed 23-Mar-11 01:19 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #12

I enjoyed this post.

BorkahdWed 23-Mar-11 09:23 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2009
187 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37470, "Where is the like button? nt"
In response to Reply #12

nt

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"
If you anger him, he'll rape you to death, eat your flesh, and sew your skin into his clothing. And if you're very, very lucky, he'll do it in that order. ~Twist

ZephonSat 26-Mar-11 11:37 PM
Member since 21st Mar 2007
488 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37495, "<3 Lasentia"
In response to Reply #12

^_^ That was awesome.

-Telene

DaevrynWed 23-Mar-11 07:06 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#37458, "RE: Offensive treatment by Immortals has confirmed that..."
In response to Reply #0

This may shock you, but when Immortals play the game as mortals, sometimes our roles fall flat on the person reading them, too.

(Although I have to say, if I'm reading this thread right and Enlilth didn't think your role was funny, there probably isn't any help for it. A more likely situation for a comic role is that Enlilth will think it's hilarious, but no one else, including your would-be patron Imm, will.)

Batman (inactive user)Wed 23-Mar-11 01:01 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #11

Poor Enlilth's under-appreciated sense of humor

GaplemoWed 23-Mar-11 03:51 AM
Member since 06th May 2010
618 posts
#37456, "Once upon a time"
In response to Reply #0

CF had no role command. You talk like you've been around playing for a while. What did you do to enjoy CF back then? Roles are optional, the extra exp is cool but if you're looking for attention on your writing skills maybe you should take an english class, thats all they do. Just play the game, enjoy the perks if and when they do come your way. Play for you, not for someone else.

MurphyWed 23-Mar-11 03:03 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37453, "Don't try to please immortals"
In response to Reply #0

You're playing for yourself, not for them. This includes writing roles, if you do not enjoy writing them, don't.

MoetEtChandonTue 22-Mar-11 06:08 PM
Member since 26th Jul 2010
293 posts
#37443, "Enjoying the game should come a lot easier"
In response to Reply #0

Once you realise that you are not entitled to anything, by default. Play for yourself first and see any Imm support, xp or other, as a welcome (random) gift, which I would say is what it's supposed to be.

incognitoWed 23-Mar-11 03:20 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37466, "We have a winner"
In response to Reply #3

You expect too much of the imms if you expect perfection & a high level of attention all the time.

Can you honestly say that as a player you never have your bad moments? That you've never bitched at anyone? That you've never gone ooc? etc.?

TMNSTue 22-Mar-11 05:38 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#37442, "This is the funniest "I'm leaving!" post maybe ever."
In response to Reply #0

I'm sorry not getting bonus XP drove you from the game.

EnlilthTue 22-Mar-11 04:49 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2008
187 posts
#37441, "RE: Offensive treatment by Immortals has confirmed that..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm kind of offended. The person you're referring to is quite male. Role critique is subjective. The rating imm didn't think it gave much background to the character. After reading it I'm inclined to agree. I'm sorry you disagree. I'll do my best to spray some testosterone around Asgaard if it makes you feel better.

e

-- Try an Enlilth follower today! Enlilth, now with 40% more chewey caramel in every bite. --

ArtificialTue 22-Mar-11 06:30 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#37444, "Since hes gone, can we PLEASE see the role in question?..."
In response to Reply #1

nt

ScarabaeusTue 22-Mar-11 08:45 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#37446, "corrected"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Tue 22-Mar-11 08:54 PM

Since he hasn't deleted the character, that would be inappropriate. But I have logged it for posterity.

seilclavin (Anonymous)Tue 22-Mar-11 09:01 PM
Charter member
#37448, "RE: Since hes gone, can we PLEASE see the role in quest..."
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Tue 22-Mar-11 09:04 PM

In all honesty it was most likely a horrid role, but on the flip side what's the context of the roles generation? Was this some raging 13 year old who devoted a week to writing horrible poop? Was it a 30 year old mans attempt at dramatic satire?

Who knows? So far 2 people cared, the guy who wrote it and the imm that judged. Someone owes the other party something here, and it's not the Immortal- they read the role and judged it.

Best not to judge though, because as far as role play...we all sucked at some point.

But, this is also a game where it's call imm BONUS exp. I've yet to enter publishers clearing house and get pissed I didn't get the bonus yet....

Editted for horrible grammar.

Sivyh (Anonymous)Wed 23-Mar-11 01:46 AM
Charter member
#37452, "RE: Offensive treatment by Immortals has confirmed that..."
In response to Reply #1

Personally I am quite offended by Nnaeshuk's relentless Facebook taunting of the Empire, wherein he mentions how Fortress and Nexus have brand new leaders.

MurphyWed 23-Mar-11 03:08 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37454, "Care to provide a link? I want to read that."
In response to Reply #7

nt

BorkahdWed 23-Mar-11 09:29 AM
Member since 17th Mar 2009
187 posts
#37460, "http://www.facebook.com/#!/carrionfields"
In response to Reply #9

nt

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"
If you anger him, he'll rape you to death, eat your flesh, and sew your skin into his clothing. And if you're very, very lucky, he'll do it in that order. ~Twist

NnaeshukWed 23-Mar-11 11:40 AM
Member since 13th Apr 2010
141 posts
#37461, "*like* (n/t)"
In response to Reply #7

:p

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #37439 Previous topic | Next topic