Subject: "Healer in the shrine of the Village" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3327
Show all folders

AbthalokTue 23-Dec-03 09:15 AM
Member since 04th Dec 2003
36 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3327, "Healer in the shrine of the Village"

Why not have him be a defender instead of a healer?

Have him give out all the defender skills for some fee?
I don't really see how this would unbalance things, as every other cabal has a healer who could do more.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply What would PC defenders do?, Valguarnera, 23-Dec-03 01:41 PM, #2
Reply You rock! Power to the People! nt, Odelius, 28-Dec-03 02:29 AM, #3
Reply Well:, Little Timmy (Anonymous), 28-Dec-03 11:19 AM, #4
Reply how about doing *something* for the ragers, atleast..., Marcus_, 28-Dec-03 01:09 PM, #5
     Reply How about just doing away with them entirely?, Vladamir, 29-Dec-03 10:09 PM, #6
     Reply How about another inquisition? That would be fun. nt, Nivek1, 30-Dec-03 12:14 AM, #7
Reply RE: Healer in the shrine of the Village, (NOT Graatch), 23-Dec-03 12:05 PM, #1

ValguarneraTue 23-Dec-03 01:41 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3329, "What would PC defenders do?"
In response to Reply #0

Analogy: We don't give town healers the full array of supplications (Sanctuary, etc.) that PC healers can commune on other people, because we want PC healers to be valued and play an important role.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

OdeliusSun 28-Dec-03 02:29 AM
Member since 26th Dec 2003
110 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3343, "You rock! Power to the People! nt"
In response to Reply #2

word.

You dont stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Little Timmy (inactive user)Sun 28-Dec-03 11:19 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #2

Obviously the healer-defender won't be traveling
with a rager group, he or she will be staying in the shrine
and bandaging people solely there. PC defenders would go alongside ragers and help them on the field. Not to mention doubleblock.

Marcus_Sun 28-Dec-03 01:09 PM
681 posts
#3349, "how about doing *something* for the ragers, atleast..."
In response to Reply #2

disclaimer: this is not really directed at you valg, but towards rager imms and team game balance. just happened to end up here.

About the ragers... I mean, they got split up and diversified, and that's all good... but

Then you take away a big percentage of their enemies with the forced non-aggression towards potion quaffers

Then bloodthirst gets gradually nerfed...

And now, you disband nexus and warlock... I mean, with my last rager(pre nexus wacking i think atleast), it felt like alot of ragers had nothing better to do than bash each other in the circle of rites... and it has to be even worse now.

Seriously, they do need something. More people to fight, but also powerwise. With my first real non-rager warrior, not only did i die way less, but i could also kill people at a higher rate than I could with my rager. And then i didn't even use the ganging option that nonragers have more than like 5 out of 100.

Powerups I can live without, but enemies and a more liberal lifestyle is a must if the ragers is gonna have enough of a funstick for me to ever roll one again.

VladamirMon 29-Dec-03 10:09 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#3366, "How about just doing away with them entirely?"
In response to Reply #5

They're the only cabal still left over from the first age. Their powers are still more in line with the first/second age overpoweredness that cabals had back then. Sure, deathblow was vital when you were fighting off Masters who had transform, but now? Pfft.

I think we need a cabal devoted entirely to the breeding and sale of small fluffy kittens. They must all be homosexuals and speak with a bad baroque accent. Sadly, I bet if you let them have deathblow, people would still flock to them.

Maybe they'd even wear some of those really powerful dresses the imms talked about making. Woo! Stylin!

Nivek1Tue 30-Dec-03 12:14 AM
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#3367, "How about another inquisition? That would be fun. nt"
In response to Reply #5

Graatch (inactive user)Tue 23-Dec-03 12:05 PM
Charter member
#3328, "RE: Healer in the shrine of the Village"
In response to Reply #0

That's a great idea, and one that seems so simple it's a wonder nobody has thought of it before.

However, keep in mind that healers do things that defenders do not, most notably uncurse. All those cursed items that villagers regularly obtain - even things like keys from the maus, let alone the various equ items - would no longer be uncursed. You'd have to somehow get a defender to learn that ability.

It's possible, mind you. There was a paladin villager, and paladins have the remove curse supplication. If you made that paladin a defender and allowed him to use that supplication, then you're ok.

But otherwise I think the benefit of having a cabal defender that can bandage you (i.e. a 150 hp heal) every other tick is not worth losing the only place in the game most villagers can get things uncursed. (I say most because those villagers who worship imms that have shrines, and in whose shrines there are healers, can get things uncursed there.)

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3327 Previous topic | Next topic