Subject: "Why was my BF post removed?" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #29980
Show all folders

Abernytee (Guest)Sat 16-Jan-10 03:55 PM

#29980, "Why was my BF post removed?"

If a colleague at my work screwed up this badly and accused and punished a student wrongly the school would not bandy together and cover it up.

-----Abernyte

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply RE: Why was my BF post removed?, Isildur, 16-Jan-10 05:10 PM, #2
Reply RE: Why was my BF post removed?, Daevryn, 16-Jan-10 05:09 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Why was my BF post removed?, Lye (Guest), 16-Jan-10 05:32 PM, #3
          Reply Hold on, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 16-Jan-10 06:21 PM, #4
               Reply RE: Hold on, Daevryn, 16-Jan-10 06:33 PM, #5
               Reply Free advice, feel free to disregard it., Asyguest (Guest), 16-Jan-10 06:42 PM, #6
               Reply Agreed, marcus123 (Guest), 16-Jan-10 06:46 PM, #7

IsildurSat 16-Jan-10 05:10 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29982, "RE: Why was my BF post removed?"
In response to Reply #0

Why do you think? It wasn't a battlefield post. It contained no question. It didn't provide any info that the imm in question didn't already have at his disposal when the incident happened. From what I can tell, it served no purpose other than allow you to vent.

DaevrynSat 16-Jan-10 05:09 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29981, "RE: Why was my BF post removed?"
In response to Reply #0

You were "punished" (inasmuch as -200 XP is a punishment) for doing something that you don't contest you did.

I assume you'll realize at some point you're overreacting, but probably whoever deleted your post isn't interested in a giant threat arguing about it. I'm also not interested in that.

Lye (Guest)Sat 16-Jan-10 05:32 PM

#29983, "RE: Why was my BF post removed?"
In response to Reply #1

Obviously the -xp is not the larger issue here. It's that whoever-it-was was shockingly rude and condescending.

I was thinking about rolling a char post-purge, but reading that log has seriously made me question that. It pissed me off that much. It's not like I don't have better things to do.

I don't know Abernyte OOC and I'm not even sure if I've ever interacted with one of his characters. Go ahead. Tell me I'm overreacting.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Sat 16-Jan-10 06:21 PM

#29984, "Hold on"
In response to Reply #3

Imms said that it was ok to re-use roles of inconsequential characters.

His role refers to another name. He claims that was not the name of a previous character AND invited the imm to check that. That's achievable.

So the imm was wrong on both counts.

That's fine, because people make mistakes. But whatever the size of the punishment, the fact remains a -punishment- was given for something that is not a crime.

DaevrynSat 16-Jan-10 06:33 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#29985, "RE: Hold on"
In response to Reply #4

>His role refers to another name. He claims that was not the
>name of a previous character AND invited the imm to check
>that. That's achievable.

Precisely how, keeping in mind what all's gone?

Asyguest (Guest)Sat 16-Jan-10 06:42 PM

#29986, "Free advice, feel free to disregard it."
In response to Reply #5

When "An Immortal" talks to you, the veil of anonymity tends to cause even slight or moderate tones of impatience, rudeness, and condescension to be amplified, whether or not it was or wasn't intentional.

You guys aren't in the customer service business, I know, but reading that log (which I did before it was deleted) definitely made me think, "Hey, this guy must be having a bad day.", which seems like a common sentiment among players.

I know it's been a rough couple weeks for anyone involved in running the game or dealing with the players. That said...

Correct us. Punish us. Goof up from time to time, even. Just force a smile and a friendly tone, as much as is possible through a text medium, if you can.

marcus123 (Guest)Sat 16-Jan-10 06:46 PM

#29987, "Agreed"
In response to Reply #4

If claims couldn't be verified that means the imm's theory couldn't be verified either. The correct way to proceed would've been "sorry, I'll give you the benefit of doubt and give back the immexp."

That person was an utter jackass. sorry to see you go aber

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #29980 Previous topic | Next topic