Subject: "A suggestion for giving cabal leaders more options" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #12536
Show all folders

throtWed 15-Mar-06 02:03 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2006
13 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12536, "A suggestion for giving cabal leaders more options"

As i am sure evryone is tired of hearing my gaming experienced was very adversly affected by being booted from a cabal when perhaps a lesser form of punishment was called for.

Currently in the game of cf only 2 cabals have a tiered system where a mortal leader can demote an individual for poor behavior but every other cabal only has induct none. For cabals like battle and outlander where players are given powers to compensate for drastic imbalances brought upon by the cabals RP this punishment can often be severe. My suggestion is to add a few commands for leaders that would give them a way to meaningfully punish a member of the cabal without having to totaly destroy their experience.

Two ideas that came to mind were...

Depower: This command cuts off a characters acess to cabal powers they would not have if the cabal did not have its item. This would defenitly be a major penalty to someone but it would not render them totally helpless or force them to have to locate an imm for re-induction. Adding a secondary modifer that lets them set up a timer for the depower affect to automatically remove itself in case the leader might not see the player often.

banishment: While banished a cabal character is still a member of the cabal and has acess to powers(though at a much higher mana cost or lower level of effectivity) but they are bared from passing their outer cabal guardian. This means they can come back and help in raids once the outer is killed by the raiders. Again a timer on this to remove itself after so long.

The way I think these should be used is if well someone is getting out of line zap them with a depower for an hour to let them know you mean business without possibly destroying 100's of hours of their work.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Kamuela_Thu 16-Mar-06 01:48 AM
Member since 18th Sep 2004
60 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#12545, "It's still just a game"
In response to Reply #0

Because it's just a game, I can't see something like uninducting as destroying work. It is instead a further opportunity to better roleplay your char. If you really mess up, and go against the cabal, they wouldn't always want you to stick around, and that's perfectly good ic behavior to me. If your character does not agree with what has happened, then yeah, talking to an imm to seek reinstatement would be your best bet.

That being said, I can see how it feels when you get uninducted while only intending to play your char for pk purposes. Still, every punishment is a great time to have a turning point, or a fleshing out of your character. Why not use it to enrich your experience, rather than lament the loss of a good portion of your killing power?

laxmanThu 16-Mar-06 09:03 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#12547, "umm hold the phone"
In response to Reply #1

Certain cabals have severe handicaps associated with them. Outlander and battle are the big two. Try playing either for an extended period of time without powers against odds and you will soon find your fun just isn't there. Because of their restrictions without powers as a villager your an uncabaled warrior who CAN"T prep, CAN'T fight in groups, and CAN'T use healer mobs to cleanse maledictions. It is damn near impossible to play a non stealth class in the high ranks as a villager without powers and manage to accomplish anything.

Conversly for outlanders if you are without powers you have very few places to call safe. Simple things like gathering food becomes tedious. People also forget how huge windwalk is in moving about the wilds.

for maran or acolytes a full uninduction means they have to start over as a squire or scribe again. I don't know if you have ever played fortress but the process it takes to get back to where you were takes an assload of time.

I mean its obvious that nobody likes getting booted from a cabal. Its also obvious that most players decide to just delete or change rp then bother with the hassel of trying to get back in. Induct none should simply be changed to delete other because thats what it results in a a lot of the time.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #12536 Previous topic | Next topic