Subject: "Forest Issues" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1206
Show all folders

CaptainAverageTue 10-Jun-03 10:19 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
31 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1206, "Forest Issues"

Being the class that I am, I have noticed a few things in the woods. First, with the Sylvans, I admit that they have very useful powers, but most of them relate to their immediate area. Which is perfectly fine because no cabal should be too powerful. Yet, it seems ironic that when a forest is on fire, or some other wilderness area, that a Sylvan wouldn't be the first to know. I would like to see some sort of forest sense with the Sylvans to allow them to be able to sense when a particular forest is on fire. Maybe burning wood carried on the wind, maybe a call from the guardian, or something. If you've ever seen the Sylvans in action to put out a fire, it is quite a sight. Plus, it would aid somewhat in hunting Imperials, because one would know when and where a fire was being set in the forest.

With druids, I'd like to see a sense that lets them know when someone enters the woods they inhabit, even if invisible or hidden. Druids, being the most in tune with nature, should have something like this. Also, it would be nice to see Druids be able to cause the food of their enemies instantly grow deadly fungus. Food that is left outside of sacks and such. Maybe some bacteria in their water supplies.

I'm overall happy with rangers, but I'd like to see them able to do a little more with their staff other than just pugil. Albeit you can ambush with it fairly well and it is a very powerful weapon, perhaps it could draw different powers from different forests. Maybe one forest would let you heal yourself with it, but if you imbued it in a different forest, it would have a freezing attack instead (not healing at the same time).

Captain Average

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Circuits Edge (inactive user)Thu 19-Jun-03 01:59 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0

We're talking about a staff that you can get at anytime, that heals, and has an average of 30? at hero. Add to that the stat bonuses it gives. Besides the straight Mangles and Demos you'll be pulling on people, you'd be doing straight Oblits on firegiants, and oh, Annihilate pugils. Shut up.

Circ.

ATKTue 10-Jun-03 03:30 PM
59 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1223, "As if it isnt bad enaugh already. nt"
In response to Reply #0

sdf

ATK

RacliThu 19-Jun-03 01:34 AM
70 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1395, "cosign - he's nuts"
In response to Reply #1

Sylvans, Druids, and Rangers (foresty people in general) do NOT need any more help. With what your suggesting, sylvans can REALLY just sit on their ass now. If anything I'd like to see the MP from camouflage drain every tick like a shifter

--SIG
Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights make a left

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1206 Previous topic | Next topic