Subject: "Cheap shot and lash, a match made in Heaven?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1132
Show all folders

RomanulSun 25-May-03 04:13 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
114 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1132, "Cheap shot and lash, a match made in Heaven?"

Hrm, just realised that cheap doesn't work on a warrior's sucessful lash. Whats the deal with that? Seems like it should.

Ta,
Romanul.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RadeMon 26-May-03 09:41 AM
157 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1140, "RE: Cheap shot and lash, a match made in Heaven?"
In response to Reply #0

I might be smoking crack, but seems like cheap shot was toned down half a notch semi-recently. Even at perfection permalag is incredibly uncommon.

If that's true, maybe the lash thing isn't necessary anymore.
If that's not true, I'll put down the crack pipe and go back to my shoe box.

GrogimSun 25-May-03 05:15 AM
Member since 25th Mar 2003
14 posts
#1134, "As far as I can recall"
In response to Reply #0

The regularity on which the cheap shot kicked in on the lashing was reduced after it was seen by all to be overpowered. It would almost always give a cheap shot before and an incident that I recall that happened not long before the changes involved a master gnome invoker (Zomerseis), an arial scout thief (leit) and a svirf warrior berserker (Ludi) and at the archmage, Ludi lashed and Leit cheapshotted about 2000hps worth of shielded invoker with said invoker being left pretty powerless. It does kick in but just not as regularly as a trip or bash would allow.

If it looks like a dwarf, smells like a dwarf and *lick* tastes like a dwarf...then chances are its a dwarf!

IsildurSun 25-May-03 03:35 PM
5969 posts
#1135, "RE: As far as I can recall"
In response to Reply #2

I think the relevant detail is that lash can't be countered, unlike the other things that trigger cheap shot.

Unless I'm missing something, which is quite possible.

RomanulSun 25-May-03 04:16 AM
114 posts
#1133, "A bit more.."
In response to Reply #0

I just noticed that sometimes it does go off on a lash, and sometimes it does, assuming the lash is successful. Thats a bit wierd, shouldnt it go off on every successful lash?

Ta,
Romanul.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1132 Previous topic | Next topic