Subject: "Someone...anyone?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1110
Show all folders

ATKThu 22-May-03 03:38 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
59 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1110, "Someone...anyone?"

Please make the fires that can be set in different places be affected by the weather. Make it so that places gone to ash dont light again all that easily. Rain put it out or something...it is horrible...annoying...argh! It does nothing good, only make this game so much more frustrating...

I like the idea of burning places, but for the love of god make it easier to put out. Reduce timer on preservation? Reduce how rappidly it spread? Anything? anyone?

ATK

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KastellynThu 22-May-03 05:22 AM
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1112, "RE: Someone...anyone?"
In response to Reply #0

Rain does affect how easy it is to start fires, and how easy they are to put out. Rain by itself is not going to extinguish that blaze, however.

Places gone to ash are probably more vulnerable to fires than normal forests. Its not like the fire burned up all the existing fuel, and now you've got even less moisture to prevent a fire from springing up.

Ever been in a forest fire? They spread rapidly as all hell.

I can think of several good things that forest fires do, not the least of which is make it more difficult for Sylvans to get the jump on you.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

ATKThu 22-May-03 05:30 AM
59 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1113, "Yes..."
In response to Reply #1

But my point is that people set fires on forest to flush out sylvans...that leaves hours upon hours of real life hours to mend it for the sylvans afterwards. If the timer on preservation was set to something like 2 hours? it would be so much better...oh so much better. Not four or five (+) as it is today.

ATK

ScarabaeusThu 22-May-03 10:55 AM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1114, "it is easier to destroy than to create n/t"
In response to Reply #2

You that never done nothin'
But build to destroy
You play with my world
Like it's your little toy
You put a gun in my hand
And you hide from my eyes
And you turn and run farther
When the fast bullets fly

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1110 Previous topic | Next topic