Subject: "Wikipedia article." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #716
Show all folders

CerunnirTue 21-Feb-12 09:17 AM
Member since 21st Oct 2003
294 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#716, "Wikipedia article."

We should get together a simple wikipedia article for Carrion Fields, then go through all the MUD related pages on there and link to carrionfields where appropriate.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DurNominatorThu 23-Feb-12 03:16 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#719, "The article should be carefully planned and worked outs..."
In response to Reply #0

Then ported to Wikipedia when we have a good plan to justify its existence. To do everything in Wikipedia risks losing the content if their moderators choose to delete the article.

DaevrynTue 21-Feb-12 04:04 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#717, "RE: Wikipedia article."
In response to Reply #0

If I remember correctly there was one at one point and it was deleted for not being important enough or something.

No telling if that would happen again, but if someone wants to work on it I'm all for it.

TwistTue 21-Feb-12 04:06 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#718, "There was..."
In response to Reply #1

...and I set up a Wikipedia account specifically to edit it (it was a bit out of date) and yeah now it's gone. Bleh.

CerunnirFri 24-Feb-12 05:13 AM
Member since 21st Oct 2003
294 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#720, "In not confident enaugh in English.."
In response to Reply #2

..to really write out anything official for carrionfields. But I guess if its done well enaugh, and linked to from various MUD related pages it would stay up. I mean, people make personal wikipedia articles for themselves, so why cant a page made for a game with a few hundred more or less active players stay up.

This would, however, be a good place to advertise since its the default information channel about pretty much anything for alot of people. If they search for MUD on google its the top hit.

Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #716 Previous topic | Next topic