Subject: "Defensive spin and AP" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4928
Show all folders

sunshine9Wed 12-Feb-20 04:57 AM
Member since 12th Jan 2020
29 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4928, "Defensive spin and AP"

How about giving the AP class defensive spin using a staff or spear?

That would make the AP more available to players who want to play
an AP but have little or no knowledge about where to find wands.

It would also give an edge to the arial and felar races which
would be much needed?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Osalia (Anonymous)Wed 12-Feb-20 04:44 PM
Charter member
#4936, "AP is not underpowered"
In response to Reply #0

I took the Warmaster, who had 7 ranks on me, to convulsing with no protections at all, using a weapon he was resistant to, if I remember.

I might even have won if I hadn't successfully slept him when he was fighting my nightwalker, which is a mostly wasted attack.

I think I had 2 charges at the time so they didn't make me stronger than average either.

The ap class is already very abusable if you play to its strengths, and they can already spin a lot more than most other classes because of the edge.

Also, a couple of new players learnt by playing the ap class. They died a lot, then less, then won more than they lost.

APs are a bit fragile but they are also very dangerous if played offensively.

JormyrWed 12-Feb-20 11:59 AM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
417 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4932, "AP is more designed to kill."
In response to Reply #0

So...lots of ways to hurt people, not really good at avoiding hurt. Calvin does mention everyone has a shot to spin/distance, and if that's a major motivator into the character, I'd look into HELP SPINE OF THE AKRAGAKA. More or less says "Yep, spear/polearm is what I want to use". If I'm correct, somewhat expensive but provides both an offensive and defensive boost with those weapons.

robdarken_Wed 12-Feb-20 03:19 PM
Member since 09th Sep 2009
373 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#4935, "Spine is actually super cheap."
In response to Reply #2

An A-P with spine is reasonably tanky but still suffers slightly in damage output. Plenty of reasons to be a spear a-p though.

CalionWed 12-Feb-20 09:58 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4929, "Everyone spins some based on dex"
In response to Reply #0

Giving the spin (warrior spec) skill on top of that to APs would very likely be OP.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4928 Previous topic | Next topic