Subject: "Sleek hunting" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3998
Show all folders

Noneyo D. Bidness (Anonymous)Sun 03-Feb-13 01:15 PM
Charter member
#3998, "Sleek hunting"

A couple questions about sleek wands:

You can find your amber and sienna at level 30, and black at level 35--right?

Do you have to be in the room when the mob dies, or just in the area, for the wand to actually show up? If I fled out of the room and the mob died to my groupmate, would the sleek have showed up?

If I stand in an area and have someone else look around (like a thief peeking at the inventory of a mob) or looking in a container, would they see the sleek, or is it not until I'm in the actual room and/or when the mob dies?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

vargalSun 03-Feb-13 02:59 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2004
384 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4000, "Some answers"
In response to Reply #0

Sleeks, and most limited wands, can't be seeing via peek whether or not you're with the thief. If you identify them, it'll say something like the item is easily concealed, which also means you can't find it with locate object. I haven't played a thief in over a decade now, but I'm fairly certain that you can't steal sleeks for the same reason.

As for when the sleek spawns.. I feel like it spawns on the corpse only with you in the room. I can't recall ever finding a sleek that wasn't mine in the corpse of a mob I killed, while such a thing does occur on container drops (oblivious or busy mage walks past his container location and doesn't pick it up, leaving the rod there for an unknown amount of time).

In either case (container or mobile drop), you need to be in the specific room rather than just the area for the rod to spawn. On a mob, a rod will spawn if either you or a groupmate lands the killing blow. If your groupmate is also a mage, and the location is also his, whoever lands the killing blow gets the associated cooldown (IIRC) on spawning a rod, so collecting sleeks with a mage partner won't screw someone over for 20-30 ticks.

DaevrynSun 03-Feb-13 02:51 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3999, "RE: Sleek hunting"
In response to Reply #0

If it's on a mob, it has to die, and you have to kill it.

Rule of thumb, if you didn't get XP (as in, even if it's 0) when the mob dies, it's no good to you for sleek purposes.

AbernyteWed 27-Feb-13 04:22 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
973 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4040, "Just unlucky?"
In response to Reply #1

I have played many mages since hanging up my rager helm and I have accumulated a decent knowledge of rods. I know of 21 sienna locations that I have either found or helped find. My last 4 mages have obviously had the 2nd location as they never found their sienna.

My questions are these:
1) Have I just had awesomely bad luck that the last 4 mages I have had never found the sienna rod despite this knowledge?

2) How many sienna locations are there? It is is 30 then I wont feel quite so jipped.

Cheers,

DaevrynWed 27-Feb-13 07:18 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#4041, "RE: Just unlucky?"
In response to Reply #3

I don't remember the exact number, but 30 is in the ballpark.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3998 Previous topic | Next topic