Subject: "flight" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3987
Show all folders

Oblivious Newbie (Anonymous)Wed 23-Jan-13 02:31 PM
Charter member
#3987, "flight"
Edited on Wed 23-Jan-13 02:32 PM

After reading many posts on the forum, I'm wondering what the significance of flight really is. From what I've gathered, it makes you unable to be tripped and allows you easier travel. What else am I missing?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DaevrynWed 23-Jan-13 09:01 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3991, "RE: flight"
In response to Reply #0

Add to what others have said, flight lets you bypass certain class abilities or environmental hazards. For example, you can fly right over an invoker's quicksand, iceslick, grease, or dug pit.

incognitoWed 23-Jan-13 04:07 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3989, "In case you don't know"
In response to Reply #0

The danger of being tripped is not that it damages you (because damage isn't generally significant, in most cases) but because it prevents you from running away (since you can't perform an action for 2 rounds, and that action might just be "e" if you happened to be walking east along the eastern road).

Oblivious Newbie (Anonymous)Wed 23-Jan-13 05:15 PM
Charter member
#3990, "RE: In case you don't know"
In response to Reply #2

I gotcha. My prior mudding experiences have trip as a very weak skill... definitely not two rounds of lag. Thank you both for your answers.

TacWed 23-Jan-13 02:34 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3988, "Not much."
In response to Reply #0

Specifically it allows access to some areas you wouldn't otherwise be able to reach (Arial City as an example) and means you don't have to have a boat to cross water (but you always should anyway).

Not being able to be tripped is a huge deal though. Every melee class gets trip, and two of them can trip you to death pretty easy if you can't fly. Trip is also pretty reliable, so it's an easy way to get ganged down in a way that you can't do much about.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3987 Previous topic | Next topic