Subject: "Best way to practice "Controls" as Shapeshifter" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1435
Show all folders

FunnyoneThu 28-Sep-06 08:12 AM
Member since 10th Jul 2006
77 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1435, "Best way to practice "Controls" as Shapeshifter"

This question is a weird one, but is there a faster way of doing this than casting the spells, changing to form, and enlivening whatever spells failed? I get tired of typing all of this. Do any of you know any "macros/triggers" that could help me with all this typing? It's kind of a laziness question, but it does get boring doing this over and over.

Also when in normal form and casting spells (stone, haste, ect..) it takes alot of my mana. Does it give the same effect if i'm in form, and enlivening haste, stone, ect.. and switching to another form? Will i learn the same amount, because when i'm in form it doesn't take as much mana to cast all these spells. What you think? Or, do I just keep casting it over and over, and just set up macros to do away with the typing?

Thanks

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AbernyteMon 02-Oct-06 06:08 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
973 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1439, "I am no mage expert but the few shifters I have messed ..."
In response to Reply #0

that you dont need to bother practicing them. Just cast spells up, shift, enliven if need be and keep ranking etc. I had a human, gnome and felar and they all learned them pretty easy.

-----Abernyte

TheFrogMon 02-Oct-06 09:47 PM
Member since 23rd Dec 2005
77 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#1440, "RE: I am no mage expert but the few shifters I have mes..."
In response to Reply #4

So did I... I had a human and didn't really bother to learn controls... Sure, it's nice to have them, and you can spam it if you want.. But it improves quickly enough without wasting time to do it. I'd rather spend time IN the form that switching back and forth to learn controls.

ANotherPlayerThu 28-Sep-06 12:16 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2006
9 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1437, "RE: Best way to practice"
In response to Reply #0

>Also when in normal form and casting spells (stone, haste,
>ect..) it takes alot of my mana. Does it give the same effect
>if i'm in form, and enlivening haste, stone, ect.. and
>switching to another form?
From help enliven:
Magic done in this manner only lasts half as long as spells that are cast, but it only takes half as much energy.

They have the same affect other then listed above.

TacThu 28-Sep-06 08:18 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1436, "Depends on race..."
In response to Reply #0

If you have a higher int form, just use that and shift into it over and over. Even if you are already the venomous sliger, you can still shift into a sliger and your control checks will be found. Honestly it doesn't take that long.

Make triggers you reenliven fails, and to continue trying to enliven after you fail (each has a specific message).

If you are a high int race, it might be worth it to revert since you'll get a higher int check on either the reversion or the original shifting (no clue which).

DurNominatorFri 29-Sep-06 01:42 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1438, "Addendum to Tac's advice."
In response to Reply #1

Slow is likely better idea to spam with than haste, as you are then already ready to rest if the control keeps the slowing when you need to rest. Also, remember to turn off your enliven triggers when you stop spamming.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1435 Previous topic | Next topic