Subject: "Aranien deleted" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #81037
Show all folders

AdelinSun 07-Jun-09 09:38 PM
Member since 20th Feb 2009
45 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81037, "Aranien deleted"
Edited on Sun 07-Jun-09 09:48 PM

After cooling off for a few days after deleting Araevin, and noticing everyone else who was fortress dropping off in the handfuls i decided that i would give the whole crusader one more round. From the getgo i seemed to lack the luck that Araevin had in the first fourty ranks. Even the empowerment didnt seem to go verywell from the role i had developed for him, and it seemed like either Baerinika realized it was a restart from Araevin, or she simply didnt like the role of the character. Each response she gave as we spoke i felt immediately after like i had to change my response, so maybe it wasnt the proper role, or explanation, or maybe it was just the wrong imm, the attitude would of seemed more appropriate for a Yean follower.

Pk statistics were meh, where i was able to own with Araevin (I think i tallied somehwere between 40-60 PKs with mild losses)to Aranien who after the full loot just couldnt seem to captialize on a finishing blow)it sucked. Either i simply couldnt find them, or my luck went south. I like hunting alone, and groups make good targets for multiple quick kills, and i always seemed to land on them when they were all well, and not engaging, and then it would be a lagging frenzy until my death. It was that or they never left the cities, or they would log off when i started my usual rounds. The five consecutive full loots sucked, but thats the way she goes, i got use to having to rearmor.

Zaknifal and Arrna: You seem to really be coming to your own, and your doing a good job and i wish you the best of luck. Thanks for the help and induction.

Ailinilia: Now you know who i was all this time with the AAA's.

The rest of you its been a pleasure.

To Frismund: I caught you the first time with your pants down in the village ruins, after that it seemed to be a toss up. One piece of advice, your a damn scion for godsakes, you need to start participating in defending raids/reraids. Constantly you seemed to blatantly refuse to show up to defend, and even as two or three others tried to reraid, and i was the only one to fight you, you never dared make an appearance, i get the whole save as much life as you can if you can make lich or what not, but if i was Tameron you would be out on your ass.

Tarledon? Tarleton? Empire bard: Your lucky there are barely any imms or any of your cabalmates at the late times, because your entire time you never once ever attempted to reraid (On what, a week worth of different nights). You wouldnt even try, even with the four hours you were on. Then the one time Ahtieli is on you make an attempt, and she gives you a promotion. Your lucky your a linden replacement else you should be out on your ass as well.

TO ALL TRIBUNAL MAGISTRATES: All i am going to say is, not one of you had the balls to leave the city the moment you spotted me around you. It was annoying, kudos to you.

To Kalderseg, It wasnt that i was looted, it was the fact you challenged me to a duel, we fought, you won, and you let your groupmates scavenge me. I didnt care about the equipment, but it did piss me off that you would allow that. I would of used their corpse as a toothpick the rest of their lives if anyone every shamed my character like that.

Anyways, i've had the last couple months off work due to injury, travelling etc, im getting back into the workforce and just dont have the time, or patience to continue playing right now.

Cheers,
Caleb

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Go #### yourself dude, Grodin (Guest), 10-Jun-09 07:17 PM, #10
Reply You're such a chump for this., KennyPowers (Guest), 10-Jun-09 08:04 PM, #11
Reply I guess time will tell, Grodin (Guest), 10-Jun-09 08:31 PM, #12
Reply Hey GRODIN Go #### yourself dude, Aranien (Guest), 10-Jun-09 11:35 PM, #13
     Reply Were you also boneshattered?, Dwoggurd, 10-Jun-09 11:42 PM, #14
Reply RE: Aranien deleted, Frismund (Guest), 10-Jun-09 03:18 PM, #9
Reply I enjoyed our induction chat. :D, Arrna (Guest), 10-Jun-09 09:48 AM, #8
Reply RE: Aranien deleted, Humbert (Guest), 10-Jun-09 02:40 AM, #7
Reply RE: Aranien deleted, Kalderseg (Guest), 08-Jun-09 12:28 PM, #5
Reply RE: Aranien deleted, Adelin1 (Guest), 08-Jun-09 02:30 PM, #6
Reply Co-sign., Observationer (Guest), 08-Jun-09 10:38 AM, #4
Reply Looks like you've been busy :P, Nian, 08-Jun-09 10:31 AM, #3
Reply RE: Aranien deleted, _Magus_Guest_ (Guest), 08-Jun-09 09:20 AM, #2
Reply RE: Aranien deleted, Isildur, 08-Jun-09 08:36 AM, #1

Grodin (Guest)Wed 10-Jun-09 07:17 PM

#81155, "Go #### yourself dude"
In response to Reply #0

I remember coming out of town and stomping a hole in your ass didnt I. I fled from you like once when I used no preps what so ever and you where still writhing when I did. Pull the stick out of your ass man your not that skilled a player to be dising everyone else. For an elf paladin to be honest I thought you were weak, since you feel like telling everyone how much they suck or how they dont do what they should I feel I should tell you. You suck as a paladin, I am a fire giant AP and I didnt fear you for a single second of my life. Which means you have no right to talk #### to all these people and tell them what they do wrong when you yourself cant get your own character correct. Go #### off and die and maybe the world will be a better place

KennyPowers (Guest)Wed 10-Jun-09 08:04 PM

#81158, "You're such a chump for this."
In response to Reply #10

Why don't you act like you're king #### when you lose your pimp gear.

My guess is you'll delete;delete.

Grodin (Guest)Wed 10-Jun-09 08:31 PM

#81159, "I guess time will tell"
In response to Reply #11

And gear aint everything is it, its called tatics look into it some time

Aranien (Guest)Wed 10-Jun-09 11:35 PM

#81170, "Hey GRODIN Go #### yourself dude"
In response to Reply #10

Oh right, i remember your, your the Anti-Paladin Magistrate who jumped me on Eastern road when i was just full looted and only had a shield on me. Right, bravo you big ####ing chump.

DwoggurdWed 10-Jun-09 11:42 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81171, "Were you also boneshattered?"
In response to Reply #13

Just asking.

Frismund (Guest)Wed 10-Jun-09 03:18 PM

#81138, "RE: Aranien deleted"
In response to Reply #0

We had some good battles, but really give me some credit.. you're raiding with several hero classes that spam heal and wake you after you're slept. That and being a wrath monkey as they call it, there was little I could do except try to find you alone. Good char though and I hope you come back to the fields soon.

Arrna (Guest)Wed 10-Jun-09 09:48 AM

#81121, "I enjoyed our induction chat. :D"
In response to Reply #0

Hope you did too. To bad this char didn't work out for you. I hope you return soon again.

Humbert (Guest)Wed 10-Jun-09 02:40 AM

#81116, "RE: Aranien deleted"
In response to Reply #0

Some tips for you...

Alright, HumanSunder at lowbie ranks with elf paladin wrath is good, but not good enough for 900 exp penalty. Zaknifal is an exception, his PK skills I consider better than mine. Note: The people who know how to kill the kuo-toan king and get HumanSunder really don't like to give it away to someone in good faith and have them lose it before racking up even 5 pks. You should be capable of racking up 30 pks before anyone should give you HumanSunder. Because that fight is NOT easy...

I do suggest trying out a human two-hander Paladin if you really like the crusader-type. I am pretty sure with good tactics and good gear (Fordurn is noremove, once you have it don't ever lose it) you can completely wipe the midranges to a degree comparable to a Zaknifal or Humbert or Jeqo etc. I don't even need to go into how sick you'd get if you get basic hero higher-end regear like dual prayer beads, helm of brilliance, etc. Perhaps closest comparison might be Gruffil (dwarf paladin 2 hander). Dern + Fordurn = beast.

Quick guide: Human for no racial exp penalty, two hander or shield both work fine, shield is just more boring with wrath spam and call lightning.

How to get incredibly beastly: Get lucky and get a strong combat virtue early (temperance/fortitude/retribution). Chances are you can start spam killing from rank 22 onwards (wrath), and it only gets more overpowered from 27 (sanc) and 30 (completed strike of faith). Get gear, keep gear. Join Fortress early and get Maran early (if you have 60 pks by rank 30 I think you're going to Maran. Humbert Maraned at 30+ pks at 30). You don't even need much in the way of prepping. Fly pre-Maran, enlarge, reduce. Only other lowbie power-combos can take you down easily (sleep, bash) since you can escape most fights that you can't take. Avoid the necro 9 ranks above you, avoid wanded/geared APs, and then make them pay once you get Eyes of Flame. I would play this, but I think Humbert was already demoralising enough to lowbie evils one year ago

Other crusader-style lowbie Maran power combos: Human/Dwarf shaman. Human conjurer chaotic good at level 27 (yes, don't rank from 27 onwards willingly) with angel (if you consider that a crusader type..)

Kalderseg (Guest)Mon 08-Jun-09 12:28 PM

#81051, "RE: Aranien deleted"
In response to Reply #0

Couple of things.

I normally like to wait until a characters death to post but this thread is just funny to me...because its borderline char assassination in some aspects.

Well first things first you where obviously a hand me down geared fortie running around wrath spamming evils with vulns and no disarm weapons which is incredibly toolish but its what people do (no qualms from me there). And is also why elf pallies get the smackdown, because it all you know how to do.

Secondly I sat there and watched you multi-kill an applicant close to four times, and in being an apprentice smith, im not going to stand there and let you do that, so I challenged you and won.

Let me make something clear, there is no rule or dishonor anywhere about looting in the village unless its in your role, all of you who think there is need to quit your bitching, I honestly see why imms get pissed watching now. If someone leaves your gear then you lucked out and most villagers always do. I never take everything unless the person is a complete duechebag and only something that i consider of good value to me. Because I would like to see them heal up and fight again, we all know not having to re-gear makes for more fun.

An IMM actually controlled the desctructor the other day and was giving everyone a lesson in looting, NO ONE SHOULD EXPECT anything from anyone nor should mages (not in relation to this situation) be shown any measure of mercy. If someone loots you, take it with a grain of salt and move on. Its part of this game.

In this particular situation you came in and attacked an applicant who was learning and wrath spammed him in front of a villager, no one assisted and then you where challanged...allowed to heal and then and where defeated. The assassin of the group who was uncablled, out of both my range and the applicants as well as evil took *some* of your stuff so you decide to rage delete.

*golf clap for you*

Adelin1 (Guest)Mon 08-Jun-09 02:30 PM

#81058, "RE: Aranien deleted"
In response to Reply #5

Aranien only got one item from the Fortress, it was a sword, the rest of his things were by killing all the low level looters.

Araevin got a few gifts, but even he got defiance early, and it was by him going in with a few others to get it. It was met with disaster, but success.

Observationer (Guest)Mon 08-Jun-09 10:38 AM

#81049, "Co-sign."
In response to Reply #0

>>>To Kalderseg, It wasnt that i was looted, it was the fact you challenged me to a duel, we fought, you won, and you let your groupmates scavenge me. I didnt care about the equipment, but it did piss me off that you would allow that. I would of used their corpse as a toothpick the rest of their lives if anyone every shamed my character like that.

(I'm not Kalderseq)

If that's what actually happened, I'd be calling people to the circle and if I won I'd give their gear to you.

NianMon 08-Jun-09 10:31 AM
Member since 05th Jun 2009
77 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81045, "Looks like you've been busy :P"
In response to Reply #0

Keep it up, just don't fall to the dark side. (Their beer isn't nearly as good)

Just dropping in ...

_Magus_Guest_ (Guest)Mon 08-Jun-09 09:20 AM

#81043, "RE: Aranien deleted"
In response to Reply #0

Traveled with Aranien once. It was an okay experience. You knew what you were doing at least. I didn't delve into the RP or anything, so I can't speak much there.

You: "Anyways, i've had the last couple months off work due to injury, travelling etc, im getting back into the workforce and just dont have the time, or patience to continue playing right now."

Just from reading the goodbye thread, this statement of yours seems very true. There seems to be a lot of built up discontent. CF can be frustrating at times. I've succumbed to the frustration before. But just remember, happiness is a choice.

Just because everyone doesn't mold into the way you think they should be acting or doing the things you think they should be doing, doesn't mean they are wrong. Which you seem to be pointing a lot of fingers at everyone but yourself.

And don't take this post the wrong way. I'm just basing all of this from your goodbye post, and nothing else.

IsildurMon 08-Jun-09 08:36 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#81042, "RE: Aranien deleted"
In response to Reply #0

Heh. Your name always made me think "Iranian".

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #81037 Previous topic | Next topic