Subject: "Vessit is dead and I'm too impatient to wait for the he..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #58243
Show all folders

A2Tue 15-May-07 06:53 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
371 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58243, "Vessit is dead and I'm too impatient to wait for the he..."

The longer I wait the more I'll forget.

I had one mage before this, an uncaballed muter that I shot up to 50 and pretty much deleted right away so I don't tend to count that. So this was my first mage as far as I'm concerned.

As far as necromancers go. A very well done class as far as a balance between power and fragility. Also, the rp aspects of the spells makes it so much fun. I wish as much thought went into the flavor of shamans as has been put into necromancers. Something I noticed, the playerbase at large seems to despise necromancers. That vibe carries through in gameplay, not the characters mind you, the players. I'll echo the one thing I've consistently heard about necromancers over the years, making zombies sucks so much ass its not even funny. I got so tired of spending my first 1 and half to 2 hours of my 3-4 hour session trying to build an army and stopped messing with it for the most part. They are horrid to try and level too. And finally, sitting at spectre is a huge disadvantage on one hand fighting heros but on the other, you get to bottom feed off the people just outside of hero range. By the way, for all of you who complain about how lame necros and sleep are, paladins take lame to a whole new level when you are playing a necro.

There were really only two people I talked to, Isabaeux and Nuloh, so once they were gone it was worse than being uncaballed. Special thanks to Sekhuroth for the pick me up at the end there. Isa and Nuloh, showed me a ton, helped a ton, though a good bit of the time I felt like you could tell I was new to the evil mage show and really just felt bad as players and wanted to encourage me. Thanks either way. Also, shout out to Rebin for trying to help me level, it was mind boggling when I have a hero defense muter willing to tank for a group and no one wants to stay.

Trib is probably not something I'll be chomping at the bit to try again anytime soon. First trib too. For the most part an ok cabal, probably not my cup of tea, maybe more so when there is more imm interaction helping keep things moving along.

I started off strong on the role and then I just kind of lost the urge to add to it and flesh it out. I had it all in my head I just couldn't get the motivation to write it. There at the end I just started pissing away con again like I have a habit of doing when I stop really feeling the character so I knew it was time to just delete and move on instead of pad people's pk ratios on my way out the door. I haven't gotten much sleep so I won't go any further into the good byes specifically, post if you want and I'll reply.

Garenth, Laenelis, Thestune, Landren and now Vessit with many others sprinkled in there somewhere.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Sad to see this., Sekhuroth (Guest), 15-May-07 02:42 PM, #11
Reply RE: Sad to see this., A2, 15-May-07 03:10 PM, #12
Reply P.S. My first two role entries got chopped off., A2, 15-May-07 01:29 PM, #9
Reply You didn't get any comments or a quest because txt, AnonGoodieMage (Guest), 15-May-07 12:43 PM, #8
Reply Lichquest, Someone (Guest), 15-May-07 12:13 PM, #6
Reply RE: Lichquest, A2, 15-May-07 12:36 PM, #7
Reply Re: PBF, A2, 15-May-07 10:21 AM, #5
Reply RE: Re: PBF, Daevryn, 15-May-07 01:39 PM, #10
Reply I appreciate you taking the hit, A2, 15-May-07 04:43 PM, #14
Reply I think you did great sticking it out., Yhorian (Guest), 15-May-07 03:33 PM, #13
Reply RE: Vessit is dead and I'm too impatient to wait for th..., Isabaeux (Guest), 15-May-07 07:44 AM, #3
Reply RE: Vessit is dead and I'm too impatient to wait for th..., A2, 15-May-07 07:52 AM, #4
Reply RE: Vessit is dead and I'm too impatient to wait for th..., Brinkmun (Guest), 15-May-07 07:41 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Vessit is dead and I'm too impatient to wait for th..., A2, 15-May-07 07:44 AM, #2

Sekhuroth (Guest)Tue 15-May-07 02:42 PM

#58263, "Sad to see this."
In response to Reply #0

I always liked Vessit, even if I was never exactly trusting of him. It was crazy, because at the time that I hit 47, there were 3 other skilled spectres running around as well. I can't recall ever seeing so much necropotence in the high ranks.

And yes, it is very discouraging to hear nothing, rather than "Get the hell out of Arboria!" I hope you give it another shot sometime.

A2Tue 15-May-07 03:10 PM
371 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58270, "RE: Sad to see this."
In response to Reply #11

You were the only reason I was sad to let go. I wanted to get more involved in that venture. I liked how our conversations went from guarded to our frustration leading to just open discourse about certain things. I'll definately try the class again and I've learned quite a bit about it so I won't play it so loose next time just to see where the limits are. Hopefully that will lead to everyone else's frustration and less of my own. Good luck, I hope you pull it off.

A2Tue 15-May-07 01:29 PM
371 posts
#58260, "P.S. My first two role entries got chopped off."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks

AnonGoodieMage (Guest)Tue 15-May-07 12:43 PM

#58258, "You didn't get any comments or a quest because txt"
In response to Reply #0

Your character wasn't that good. Sorry. Try again maybe.

Someone (Guest)Tue 15-May-07 12:13 PM

#58256, "Lichquest"
In response to Reply #0

I thought I remember when Isabaeux deleted, you two were told that only one of you was getting the lich quest. Whoever killed the other.

A2Tue 15-May-07 12:36 PM
371 posts
#58257, "RE: Lichquest"
In response to Reply #6

At that very moment when it got dropped on us, it didn't come across as a "you get one shot to nail this". And if it was, it was severely loaded, as the EEC had just slept and spelled me up the ass, once I woke up, I got myself to half health and then had no mana with scourge still ticking away. She did drill my ass though.

A2Tue 15-May-07 10:21 AM
371 posts
#58254, "Re: PBF"
In response to Reply #0

I'm not really bitching, because honestly at the end I wasn't feeling overly deserving of a quest, but I put up numerous prays and there wasn't even one comment of "Who the #### is this guy?" or "No ####ing way do I think he should get a quest"?

Being told to #### off I can live with, being ignored completely sucks balls.

DaevrynTue 15-May-07 01:39 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#58261, "RE: Re: PBF"
In response to Reply #5

I set up a set of lichquest items for Vessit, but I didn't do any of the EEC interactions. By that time maybe you'd stopped looking, I don't know.

Sorry about that. We should have a better handle on the way this is done and who's responsible for what.

A2Tue 15-May-07 04:43 PM
371 posts
#58276, "I appreciate you taking the hit"
In response to Reply #10

To be fair, it wasn't only the lack of an echo, a tell, or some random EEC interaction. There was the lack of imm presence in the spire, my own frustrations with the class, basically a lot of things that I allowed to let get to me and make things less fun. I'm not throwing out any blame there. And between you and me, Data's trib necro (the name escapes me) that got his lich quest with something like 20 hours before he age died(?) got it worse than anyone.

The thing that was personally frustrating about trying for a quest was that up until that last week I believe, I was sending up at least one pray a day. You aren't the only one that sees prays. Someone could have made a comment about it so that if anyone else checked that was going to be involved in it they would have a heads up, or just take a minute and go check the imm board to see if they need to throw someone a bone. Just some kind of communication. I went for a long time on the fumes of that one interaction even knowing I only likely got it because of Isabaeux. Just something to think about for anyone else in the future.

So what I'm saying is, in dealing with spectre's, it shouldn't just be on your shoulders. Everyone has a lot on their plate up there, but a word here and there would probably help keep people from slipping through the cracks.

P.S. I am sure that even as far as *tribunal* spectre's go, I was boring to watch for the most part, so like I said, I personally wasn't expecting much, but there have been some really cool spectre's that didn't get that much needed undead lovin'.

Yhorian (Guest)Tue 15-May-07 03:33 PM

#58274, "I think you did great sticking it out."
In response to Reply #5

If the PBF is anything to go by, you got a nutsy lich maker interaction and then it was 90 hours before delete. I got to say, ninety hours is pretty long. I can see why you'd be demoralised by it. I definetly would have been gone too, I'm crap at stuff like that.

But damn it, you should have kept going! It's killer when stuff isn't paying off but with a spectre there's a whole lot you can do in terms of exploration. Grab some wands and kick it! And hell, why not shoot for mummy and get a feel for undead before you made lich with your next one?

Yhorian

Isabaeux (Guest)Tue 15-May-07 07:44 AM

#58247, "RE: Vessit is dead and I'm too impatient to wait for th..."
In response to Reply #0

Most enjoyable character I interacted with by quite a stretch. I figured you were a very competant player who was new to necromancers and wasn't too sure if you were going to kill me off duty when I was least prepared. I had hoped you were going to get into undeath... perhaps next time.

Kudos on a well played character.

A2Tue 15-May-07 07:52 AM
371 posts
#58248, "RE: Vessit is dead and I'm too impatient to wait for th..."
In response to Reply #3

You helped me way to much just to take a cheap shot prior to our little meeting in the church and after I knew as soon as you saw me on "where" you'd be too ready. I was sad when you didn't get your quest, then I was excited when you were in transformation, then sad again when you died. You got ####ed big time, Isa is proof they need a better handle on their current system. Thanks again for all the help and Isa was very cool.

Brinkmun (Guest)Tue 15-May-07 07:41 AM

#58245, "RE: Vessit is dead and I'm too impatient to wait for th..."
In response to Reply #0

Had fun with you, and as time went on you did get tougher so fights with you kept becoming more and more interesting. Peace out homes, good job and see ya on tha flip sizide.

B

A2Tue 15-May-07 07:44 AM
371 posts
#58246, "RE: Vessit is dead and I'm too impatient to wait for th..."
In response to Reply #1

Ragers were such a bitch to fight as a necro. You were especially tough, I started carrying around a full helm just for you. The one time I got you without the head was so anti-climactic. Somewhat satisfactory after being 2 rounded by you so often.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #58243 Previous topic | Next topic