Subject: "[OUTLANDER] Laenelis the Bearer of the Molten Circle, B..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45718
Show all folders

A2Sun 12-Feb-06 02:31 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
371 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45718, "[OUTLANDER] Laenelis the Bearer of the Molten Circle, Blessed of the Ancients"

312 hours with 5 con (8-7 deaths I think left), I just didn't have it in me anymore and I wanted to finish the char out before I ruined it. First character I've had since I came back that I enjoyed that much. First druid, first grurk empoweree, first outlander(never played a sylvan either). Lots of fun all round. I didn't actually realize when I went for Grurk I was going to be an f'ing honor character, but all in all it actually made it more enjoyable. It was more of a spur of the moment character, I was trying to decide what to roll up and Larcat talked me into a druid outlander. So there you go. I tried to just jump in with both feet and go balls out, so I died a lot more than I normally would have, but I think I had more fun because of that too. I was excited about playing a druid because it seems like there are only a handful each year if that many, and suddenly I'm one of like 4 or 5 woodelf druids in outlander and there were 2 or 3 other non-woodelf druids. A very *very* interesting class that I don't think I even broke the surface on. There were several supps I wish I'd gotten more of a chance to play with and I'm sure I'll get around to playing the class again and trying to go a little deeper into it. I won't go into specific goodbyes, if someone posts, I'll respond.

Grurk: I had actually been warned off of being an empoweree of yours, because of how harsh you were and unforgiving. To be quite honest, I was pleasantly surprised at how much it rocked having you as a patron imm. I really really enjoyed the religion. It did seem there at the end of the char though that you weren't around as much or our times stopped meshing (I know my play times shifted slightly and I had less actual time to play during the day). I definately look forward to making another Grurk priest and I hope you enjoyed having me as a follower as much as I enjoyed you.

Ancients: I say ancients because I didn't deal with the outlander imms as their specific personas. I didn't greet the outlander imms when I saw them on and I often waved off words of blessing of Amaranthe, ect. The impish side of me was really hoping to be confronted about those things and the fact that I refused to accept them as actual gods. But I got left alone for the most part and that's fine too I suppose, I was just curious how that would play out if it ever came to a confrontation. Thanks for the boons I got, and no hard feelings at all about losing Harbinger. It didn't really suit the character, I was starting to kind of find my groove with it and make it mesh around the time it switched over to Aeria, but it was more of a "I'll push them out of the nest, and if they fly they live, if they don't, they'll die".

All in all, I had a ton of fun, thanks to everyone.

P.S. Being told IC'ly by an uncaballed gnome AIR/OFFENSE shifter that hunted me with another air shifter that I killed him in a cheap way, well, you just can't buy laughs like that.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Liked You, Crugald (Guest), 13-Feb-06 08:31 AM, #17
Reply RE: Liked You, A2, 13-Feb-06 09:25 AM, #18
Reply RE: [OUTLANDER] Laenelis the Bearer of the Molten Circl..., Grunlath (Guest), 13-Feb-06 03:02 AM, #15
Reply RE: [OUTLANDER] Laenelis the Bearer of the Molten Circl..., A2, 13-Feb-06 03:16 AM, #16
Reply Good char from what I saw. (sm txt), Lotruk (Guest), 12-Feb-06 11:57 PM, #10
Reply RE: Good char from what I saw. (sm txt), A2, 13-Feb-06 01:30 AM, #14
Reply That was fun., Harlow (Guest), 12-Feb-06 10:31 PM, #9
Reply RE: That was fun., A2, 13-Feb-06 01:27 AM, #13
Reply Someone tells you 'Greet human.', Kipli (Guest), 12-Feb-06 09:30 AM, #8
Reply RE: Someone tells you 'Greet human.', A2, 13-Feb-06 01:19 AM, #12
Reply RE: [OUTLANDER] Laenelis the Bearer of the Molten Circl..., Brinrok (Guest), 12-Feb-06 06:48 AM, #7
Reply Hrm!, Tredyn (Guest), 12-Feb-06 04:02 AM, #5
Reply RE: Hrm!, A2, 12-Feb-06 04:05 AM, #6
Reply I loved your attitude., Ilimya (Guest), 12-Feb-06 03:42 AM, #3
Reply RE: I loved your attitude., A2, 12-Feb-06 03:53 AM, #4
Reply RE: [OUTLANDER] Laenelis the Bearer of the Molten Circl..., Aeria (Guest), 12-Feb-06 03:11 AM, #1
     Reply RE: [OUTLANDER] Laenelis the Bearer of the Molten Circl..., A2, 12-Feb-06 03:38 AM, #2
     Reply That was my Christmas wish last year, Tiriundrun (Guest), 13-Feb-06 12:57 AM, #11

Crugald (Guest)Mon 13-Feb-06 08:31 AM

#45783, "Liked You"
In response to Reply #0

Could tell you were losing interest or something toward the end of your time there, because I saw you less and less as I got older and older. I guess I'll comment more when I'm gone, but I think you did a great job.

A2Mon 13-Feb-06 09:25 AM
371 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45787, "RE: Liked You"
In response to Reply #17

My play times lessened more from things going on at home that required my attention than a loss of interest, and then I was traveling for the last week. I think the loss of time made it harder and harder to get back into the char, and it can also be tiring rp'ing being that angry all the time.

I liked that Crugald wasn't afraid to speak his mind or worry about causing friction between cabal mates, always adds to it for me. Again, I just wish we'd been able to work together more functionally.

Grunlath (Guest)Mon 13-Feb-06 03:02 AM

#45779, "RE: [OUTLANDER] Laenelis the Bearer of the Molten Circl..."
In response to Reply #0

I think we first fought in the midranks when i stumbled upon your party in the underdark. Since then we had many good fights...lots of solo fights as well, not just com sum Laen; emote looks at the agonized expression on the face of Laenelis when he is attacked by the imperial army.

The treedogs will be weakened by this and that pleases me.
Good char and good luck with your next. It should be time for an imperial!

A2Mon 13-Feb-06 03:16 AM
371 posts
#45780, "RE: [OUTLANDER] Laenelis the Bearer of the Molten Circl..."
In response to Reply #15

Thanks. I enjoyed our 1v1 fights, you were always tough. I began to be quite happy with cleaving your shields even if I could never bag you. You're definately a strong emperor and not one that just hides behind the rest of your imperials.

Lotruk (Guest)Sun 12-Feb-06 11:57 PM

#45770, "Good char from what I saw. (sm txt)"
In response to Reply #0

Its a shame I didn't get to fight you but a handful of times, you seemed pretty skilled. I'll miss that adrenaline rush from scanning over and seeing all those pets with a full moon and walking in on some brairs. Good luck see you in the fields.

A2Mon 13-Feb-06 01:30 AM
371 posts
#45776, "RE: Good char from what I saw. (sm txt)"
In response to Reply #10

You are a beast, I felt the same way when I watched you basically one round the hunt and realized I had about 35 mana. Gathering what I needed to beat you and returning to try and take you on again is what makes it fun, damn that healer.

Harlow (Guest)Sun 12-Feb-06 10:31 PM

#45766, "That was fun."
In response to Reply #0

I remember coming into Outlander when it was very quiet in the tree and all of a sudden it was a crowd with a ton of wood-elves. I wasn't surprised that you didn't stay Harbinger long mainly because I didn't think your rp fit it any more than Harlow's would have. You seemed more aggressive than Harlow but seemed to have the similar 'lone hunter' mentality which I liked.

You should try a wood-elf ranger to hero sometime. I think you'd be good at one (and more deathful than I was) if you can stick it out. Though admittedly they are less versatile than druids are. But I'd like to see what someone else can do with one. My lone wood-elf druid attempt (Lirionael at the very end of Sylvan) died out at 33 because of work but I remember the early struggles so I give all props to those who make it work to hero.

Good luck on whatever you try next.

A2Mon 13-Feb-06 01:27 AM
371 posts
#45775, "RE: That was fun."
In response to Reply #9

It really didn't suit the character, but I did what I could to make it work because there were so few of us.

As for a ranger to hero, I'm not sure, the idea has never been very appealing, I just wish they had more options, not to mention I saw what happened to rangers that had to go into the cities to try and retrieve. It's like they made it that way to pad the pk ratios of tribs.

Thanks, you too.

Kipli (Guest)Sun 12-Feb-06 09:30 AM

#45735, "Someone tells you 'Greet human.'"
In response to Reply #0

First interaction with you was my induction, and through most of it I had to guess who I was talking to. It was very cool, and I really liked your attitude. Like the time, you walked out of our Hell group(which I had wanted to do). I was really surprised you let me shield you though, having seen you get upset at others for healing, and everytime I did it, I was thinking in my head, he's not going to like this but I'll do it anyway and if he gets mad, I'll just shrug it off, and he can thank me later. You impressed me the most, when we were getting raided by some Imperials, I think the odds were 4-2 in their favor, and right at the start I got hit with Forget by the necromancer and had to pretty much watch you fight them all. You died, but I was amazed you kept at them, even without any other help.

A2Mon 13-Feb-06 01:19 AM
371 posts
#45774, "RE: Someone tells you 'Greet human.'"
In response to Reply #8

I tried to stick it out regardless of what was coming, and most of the time I knew I was dead because I often didn't have potions of teleport/recall.

As for the shields, those weren't a problem. Prayers from another player would have been fine if they were a grurk priest, just not from any other god.

It's nice to know that players notice when you pass up on fun things like a hell trip because it conflicts with rp. I was already questioning even going because of the way you enter and some of the things necessary to progress once inside.

Brinrok (Guest)Sun 12-Feb-06 06:48 AM

#45732, "RE: [OUTLANDER] Laenelis the Bearer of the Molten Circl..."
In response to Reply #0

Well played. You really came off well as a druid follower of Grurk. I must say that kill outside the Inn was cheap, but hey there's no rule against cheap kills, especially when they are well rp'd. Brinrok knew you were out there, and knew he'd probably die going out there with -750 mana, but Brinrok is always willing to die to make a point. I must say, either you figured out some new combination of herbs, or your damage modifier got thrown off at some point, because I was taking insane amounts of damage from you. I took a ***DEVASTATES*** through sanc and all the invoker shields on a thorn from you, for like 175 hp. I took that hit and I was like, oops, sanc fell, then I checked and almost scratched my head when I saw sanc and shields still up. I don't know for sure, but I would say that sanc and shields equals at least 85% dam redux, in which case, your thorn would have hit me for (according to my math) 1166.66 hp. You also hit me for an ===OBLITERATES=== through sanc and 3 invoker shields on a sunray. Now, maybe someone who knows exactly how much dam redux sanc and six shields and sanc and 3 shields is can do the math, but I was just about ready to pray about my damage modifier being off. Anyway, well played, and good luck with the next. Brinrok

Tredyn (Guest)Sun 12-Feb-06 04:02 AM

#45726, "Hrm!"
In response to Reply #0

You definatley, didn't blend into the crowd. Hell I felt kind humbled you letting me sing for your mana with the Huntress those couple times lol. You definatley were a boost for the Outlanders, and i'm sure you'll be missed. Maybe you'll let me sing for you in the Azure Fields since we're both there. Hrm, do neuts go to the Azure Fields? Or as outties do we all believe in the next life? Ah, hell I got no clue. Well, good work with your druid I was glad to be associated with you at any rate.

A2Sun 12-Feb-06 04:05 AM
371 posts
#45727, "RE: Hrm!"
In response to Reply #5

I enjoyed Tredyn, you certainly seemed to come into your own as the sunwarden. As far as an afterlife, I doubt I'd be welcome into the azure fields with all the fort blood on the elf's hands and what with being a grurk follower. Probably riding a molten river somewhere in a planar wilderness.

Ilimya (Guest)Sun 12-Feb-06 03:42 AM

#45723, "I loved your attitude."
In response to Reply #0

Big thumps up for the balls to the wall style. You may have played at a time with several others (wood-elf) druids, but you didn't blend in the crowd (this is not a stab at other druids). I think you did a very good Grurk follower, both in actions and in whatever advice you offered over CB.

The only minor criticism I can think of is the retarded giant speech. You probably had a valid role reason for it, but it sure grated on my nerves that 'elf do this'.

Glad you had fun. Cool char and I look forward to your next.

A2Sun 12-Feb-06 03:53 AM
371 posts
#45724, "RE: I loved your attitude."
In response to Reply #3

Thank you. I also love seeing a dark-elf that's a badass and just jumps in and rips people apart.

The speech thing comes from the role. He was "raised" by someone who barely spoke, ever. And really really being from the wilds he put no value on language. He was smart enough that he could have begun to improve on his speech, but I didn't think he'd honestly care to. To be fair, it annoyed me at times.

Aeria (Guest)Sun 12-Feb-06 03:11 AM

#45721, "RE: [OUTLANDER] Laenelis the Bearer of the Molten Circl..."
In response to Reply #0

How can I not say goodbye to Laenelis?

When I was brought into Outlander it was by Jor around the day Jor deleted. Laenelis was easily one of the veteran druids. I believe the only other elders at the time were Mhardat, Quaron, Fielstithian, Nreisshe, and a couple others.

I remember the first time I was watching you in a fight against someone I couldn't harm. You got mortally wounded and I healed you and saved you. You were like, "No healing!". And I was like, wow, thats going to make the future Outlander cabal wars interesting

I thought you did an *outstanding* job roleplaying and sticking to your role. Hell trip comes to mind when you didn't want the bard or healer to heal you with the group if we went to Hell. Cool I thought if suicidal. I also thought you carried out more than enough of your fair share of destruction. When we both died to Gryshniliar that one time on the sea I was like..."Wow, there is someone as suicidal as me!" I tried to aid with druid knowledge with all I knew of forests and such, but it was pretty humbling that I went my whole life not knowing that you could convert iron on the ground into wood Uhh...thanks for that

Bah, I will miss Laenelis. Suddenly where have all the druids gone? I thought you would be around forever. I was told by the ancients to make sure that you were always treated with respect and as a blessed one, and I went out of my way to make sure others did so behind your back. Well, I'll miss you. A spirit like yours, I'm sure you will return as something fierce in the Cycle

A2Sun 12-Feb-06 03:38 AM
371 posts
#45722, "RE: [OUTLANDER] Laenelis the Bearer of the Molten Circl..."
In response to Reply #1

>How can I not say goodbye to Laenelis?
>
>When I was brought into Outlander it was by Jor around the day
>Jor deleted. Laenelis was easily one of the veteran druids.
>I believe the only other elders at the time were Mhardat,
>Quaron, Fielstithian, Nreisshe, and a couple others.

Yeah, for a long time there weren't many others in the cabal. I remember when you got inducted, I was like great, a huggy sunshine-shooting-out-my-ass amaranthe druid, then I saw you land the title of breaker of grinning skull or something similar and couldn't wait for you to hero.

>I remember the first time I was watching you in a fight
>against someone I couldn't harm. You got mortally wounded and
>I healed you and saved you. You were like, "No healing!".
>And I was like, wow, thats going to make the future Outlander
>cabal wars interesting

Remember that, in the weald. And yes, it did add certain difficulties to cabal fighting, ect.

>I thought you did an *outstanding* job roleplaying and
>sticking to your role. Hell trip comes to mind when you
>didn't want the bard or healer to heal you with the group if
>we went to Hell. Cool I thought if suicidal. I also thought
>you carried out more than enough of your fair share of
>destruction. When we both died to Gryshniliar that one time
>on the sea I was like..."Wow, there is someone as suicidal as
>me!" I tried to aid with druid knowledge with all I knew
>of forests and such, but it was pretty humbling that I went my
>whole life not knowing that you could convert iron on the
>ground into wood Uhh...thanks for that

I appreciate that, it really was more of a handicap but it made for interesting happenings and I'm glad you saw it like that rather than as an OOC annoyance. I really appreciated the knowledge you handed over, and don't feel bad about the iron on the ground bit, I learned it from someone else after I'd already destroyed/passed over some nice eq.

>Bah, I will miss Laenelis. Suddenly where have all the druids
>gone? I thought you would be around forever. I was told by
>the ancients to make sure that you were always treated with
>respect and as a blessed one, and I went out of my way to make
>sure others did so behind your back. Well, I'll miss you. A
>spirit like yours, I'm sure you will return as something
>fierce in the Cycle
>
That's nice to know, I figured you'd get the spot, which I eluded to you before that when I was harbinger, and you handled that well too since he was too proud to have allowed that in the open if he'd known. I enjoyed running along side your char, maybe next time I won't have one with such rigid restrictions and we can actually work together more. Aeria is an awsome character and a cornerstone to the refuge, keep on keeping on.

As an aside, the only thing I'm sad that didn't happen with this char, was someone touching him with some type of emote. Never happened, not a handshake, pat on the back, nothing. Once I can afford to pay for my pbf you'll see why, but if it had happened, he'd have went feral and killed whoever did it regardless of the person.

Tiriundrun (Guest)Mon 13-Feb-06 12:57 AM

#45773, "That was my Christmas wish last year"
In response to Reply #1

The whole turning iron into metal on the ground
I was sick of having to find cloud or human druids to turn
all that iron into metal and so I put it as a christmas
wish and low and behold they did it...sadly the character
was gone shortly after but I still think it's nice.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45718 Previous topic | Next topic