Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Woreich Cherchel the Holy of Faith" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #146300
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 11-Mar-24 10:35 AM
Member since 05th May 2024
16829 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#146300, "(DELETED) [None] Woreich Cherchel the Holy of Faith"

Mon Mar 11 10:34:10 2024

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Woreich perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:239

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes!, Dallevian, 11-Mar-24 03:08 PM, #2
Reply RE: Goodbyes!, Dhuuston (Anonymous), 11-Mar-24 05:17 PM, #3
Reply RE: Goodbyes!, Bemused, 11-Mar-24 08:48 PM, #4
Reply Elaborate? nt, Dervish, 12-Mar-24 06:55 AM, #5
Reply I do my best to like all people!, Dallevian, 12-Mar-24 08:30 AM, #6
Reply Thought you were gone? Get ####ed, kid. nt, Artificial, 12-Mar-24 07:49 PM, #7
Reply RE: Goodbyes!, Jalim (Anonymous), 13-Mar-24 10:08 AM, #10
Reply RE: Goodbyes!, Magey moe (Anonymous), 13-Mar-24 09:34 AM, #8
     Reply Just Boot Things., Dallevian, 13-Mar-24 09:49 AM, #9
Reply Dammit why? , Fisih (Anonymous), 11-Mar-24 10:40 AM, #1

DallevianMon 11-Mar-24 03:08 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1620 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#146304, "Goodbyes!"
In response to Reply #0

Out of all the dwarves, Woreich was one.

But really. I had a few goals on this character.
1- Vindicator
2- earn two paths
3- mix of pvp and pve
4- do another Ancient Water Temple trip
4b- follow Ishuli and hope to get a AWT hint
5- get published in Ishuli's library

Tribunal was solid. I'm generally a fan of how all the rules and guidelines and laws can be interpreted and applied. There was a nice mixture of opinions and aligns to make for enjoyable dynamics between me, Skaya, Atrael, Celdimerick, Turtraen, and Iahhel and later Qintinil. Props to all, along with the other tribbies.

Vindicator is NOT fun. Outlander dried up. Thankfully Battle picked up the criminal banner later, thanks guys. Bloodyshackles not working on shapeshifters is super lame and imo bad mechanics, especially when 80% of wanted is shifters. And, of course, when there is a vindicator, crime in general disappears. The role made a lot more sense when you had 50-80 online. More coverage, more crime, etc. I would look at revamping vindicator to be a blend of magistrate + vindi responsibilities.

Yes I wrote my role mostly asking for specific paths. These are two I had not had before. Thank you Ishuli for accommodating. Venoms is very cool. I didn't experiment any with Vengeance, the wind was mostly out of my sails by that point because. . .

I spent a fair amount of time on my research submission. It was a role history + tribunal research oriented work. Yes it was practical I didn't have it in me to do the 'more' after like 150+ hours of waiting for feedback. I respect that others' times and schedules get hectic and sometimes that's what happens unfortunately. It is just frustrating how often it seems to happen to me to wind up in limbo or the wayside.

AWT was fun. How we went splat the first time at the broodmother was fairly amusing. That we rallied for more was very impressive. Kudos team! Dhuuston, Fisih, Celdi, Apsalareia, Tennaxa, and Amedia, thanks for that one! That we got to go back impromptu and defeat the golem and Cetea was icing on the cake. I was a bit remiss to not get to show Coqui and Tennaxa through it just based on their longevity and other failed attempts. It's an area worth experiencing and I always have fun. I wish the way was accessible twice as frequently just so planning it isn't so onerous. Trying to be vague... Also, that the payment took items instead of just coin. I have two bugs I'll send Ishuli also. In the end, I had one more thing to try out, and I managed to do it alone, and other than perhaps one more loose thread I feel like that's that. If there is something more it'll be up to someone else to figure it out, I have exhausted myself scouring that place for any remaining clues or angles just to answer the question of 'Is there more?'.

Ixen and Boarkuun were super cool. I like roleplaying enemies and they were beyond competent and worthwhile.

Dhuuston was a stellar Fortress char.

Oh, amusingly, to find out that Artificial/Horfik thought I set him up to die to Skaya/Iskrith...c'mon bro. That you then tell Fort I engineered that to get the dwarven mark? That's just reaching. But. I'll give you this. There's enough a-hole behavior that it isn't out of the possibility for some players. It's just bad when you conjecture in game and it impacts other in-char relationships, but, I'm not surprised that it was Bero/Bynna who bit. Needless to say, Skaya/Iskrith never talked to me, after that I didn't really interact with Skaya ever again because I let him know how disgruntled I was at the entire situation, they must have sac'd the mark, and I got it 3 or four days later after you disappeared. I assumed you were in delete hibernation. And I used the mark well in exploring and fighting.

Long story short, I've jumped to bad conclusions before also and learned that it isn't helpful to me or others. Honestly I could jump to a bad conclusion right now about Scion but I acknowledge I know nothing.

The last thread to pull on here is the state of PVE. It's HARD in today's climate. I don't know if there just isn't much interest like there was in the past, but, getting and coordinating times proved to be extremely hard. That was probably the most disappointing thing it just seeing how hard it is to get adequate groups to do challenging things. Or to even try.

I'll take a break and just mess around pk'ing 20-40 for a while. See you all some time, take care and thanks.

Dhuuston (Anonymous)Mon 11-Mar-24 05:17 PM
Charter member
#146305, "RE: Goodbyes!"
In response to Reply #2

I appreciate you dragging me along to that place and letting me get to experience something new, area exploration is definitely something I enjoy and have very little experience with. Truly grateful for that and the compliments! Woreich was impressive and every time I saw you getting another kill on announcements, I cheered for you! You and Skaya were not wrong though, as soon as you were made Vindicator, criminals seemed to disappear.

Hopefully your break isn’t too long, roll something again soon!

BemusedMon 11-Mar-24 08:48 PM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
663 posts
#146306, "RE: Goodbyes!"
In response to Reply #2

Artificial is a clueless moron. Just ignore his dumb ass.

Great effort in trying to inspire some PvE. It's hard to spark any interest in that anymore with the current state of the game.

DervishTue 12-Mar-24 06:55 AM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#146309, "Elaborate? nt"
In response to Reply #4

nt

DallevianTue 12-Mar-24 08:30 AM
1620 posts
#146311, "I do my best to like all people!"
In response to Reply #4

Artificial just jumped the shark a bit on this one. I hope...

Thank you and please don't necro at me !!

ArtificialTue 12-Mar-24 07:49 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#146313, "Thought you were gone? Get ####ed, kid. nt"
In response to Reply #4

nt

Jalim (Anonymous)Wed 13-Mar-24 10:08 AM
Charter member
#146318, "RE: Goodbyes!"
In response to Reply #4

Hi Bemused, we miss you and we love you except for when you play necromancers and then we don't like you (I) because I die a lot.

Welcome back anytime.

Magey moe (Anonymous)Wed 13-Mar-24 09:34 AM
Charter member
#146314, "RE: Goodbyes!"
In response to Reply #2

Why did you leave trib? GLWYN

DallevianWed 13-Mar-24 09:49 AM
1620 posts
#146317, "Just Boot Things."
In response to Reply #8

ask Boots To Big : )

Fisih (Anonymous)Mon 11-Mar-24 10:40 AM
Charter member
#146301, "Dammit why? "
In response to Reply #0

We still had to figure out the water temple stuff we missed, and I was just starting to have more play time again. Really had fun with the char, and appreciated the patience with some of us you were showing around things that took more time to bring us along.

Char was fun to interact with too.

glwyn

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #146300 Previous topic | Next topic