Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Woland the Spectre, Imperial Dread..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #128346
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 11-Jun-16 10:44 AM
Member since 07th May 2024
16833 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128346, "(AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Woland the Spectre, Imperial Dread Lord"

Sat Jun 11 10:42:50 2016

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Woland perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:necromancer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:172

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

wln (NOT Woland)Sat 11-Jun-16 11:03 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sat 11-Jun-16 11:36 AM

Well... one more attempt, one more mummification/becoming failure. To be fair, I didn't expect anything else and I'm pretty positive I won't ever get a mummy/lich due to my conspiracy paranoia.

I'm writing this farewells while my character is suspended for three days during mummification. I've no idea what purpose of this suspension - so I could roll something else? To annoy and bore me? I think when there were a lot of players it could add some intrigue, but now it's rather pointless, imho. I didn't roll anything anyways. from the bright side, I hade some time to write a new description should I success, and to write this farewells. Or, rather, the story of this character, because I didn't interact too much.

Woland was my first ever character who stayed on low/mid ranks. Before, during last 20+ years of playing CF, I always powerranked to hero. But this time, I wanted to perfect all my important spells before I hit 47, and spend some time to maximize my chances for mummification. I think I ranked from 31 to 39 solo, on raiding and raising undeads. I tried NOT to grow, but to remain on the same level I had to mobdie a couple of times, and it's not an option for me. So I've been growing.

But then, at 143 hours, I've hit old age. OMG! I took the "late bloomer" flaw and it screwed all my plans. From Dio's, I've read that most successful becomings happened after 270 hours of play. But I had from 100 to 150 hours, so I could easily age die at 243 hours or so. Damn me if I'll even take that edge again, I didn't think it is THAT bad. Why did I take it? I had a role idea that my body is withering and being torn apart by the dark magic. And oh yes, it sure was, far, far worse than I've expected. So instead of playing on 40, I had to run fast for Conservator. And that I did. Thanks to Umiron and Destuvius for checking the flaw, by the way - it worked as it should, just eating HUGE chunk of your lifetime instead of just a bit.

Anyways, I went to conservator at 172-173 hours and currently I think that my chances are 50 on 50. I'm positive that I have correct items, and I've maxed all required spells. Yet, mummification process is still shady and leaves many questions: does role xp counts? Does morale counts? Does luck counts? Does immexp counts? Does leader position counts? Why hours are being counted, and not age (old age seems more logical)? Anyways, this process could be (should be, imho) more transparent and less annoying.

As I said before, I never played so much on mid ranks, specially mages. I always thought they are frail and easily bashable by any more or less successful warrior. And I was surprised how I managed to PK: zero PK loss and, I think, 30+ PK wins. I'll buy PBF to make sure. Also, I died to the mob three times, and three times it was extremely dumb deaths. So, PK-wise, this was my most successful character, because he got 100% PK ratio (and I always play for PK ratio in regards to PK). Woooho, at least something good happens if I'll die during mummification! If not, I won't delete this entry and it will stay until the mummy dies.

If you think of becoming mummy, or how do I find my items that fast - I'm logging everything, and examining everything possible. It gives me enough knowledge to quickly find required items. Explore, observe, log, remember and search. All total, I usually know my items instantly or within one day. This time it was tough, though - I've got an item that I failed to find 5-7 years ago and thought that it's a game over. But, after a few days of pondering, I managed to guess what is it and where it comes from. Tricky little thing!

Now, farewells. There won't be many, because I had just a few allies and other were enemies.

Deldrach: dude, I hated you with my another character because you never fought and only annoyed me. But as Woland, you got my respect. Ballsy, you often entering fights you actually shouldn't enter and should bide the time. Often it ends badly for you, often - for your enemies. Live bright, burn fast! Thank you for the leader's position, we sure had fun. I hope I didn't disappoint you, though because of the haste to become (and not to die of the old age) I didn't do what I've planned for the black sect (though note went to the bard and probably, if he won't read forum, he'll send it away, would be funny to receive note from the afterworld).

I'm a bit disappointed by your rant about Tiiga and Kaer, though. Tiiga got all the right to avenge idiots who demoted him (one of the most deadly shadows in CF history ever), and Kaer got fulled by you couple of times before we have returned your that favor.

Ghorza: I think everyone by now figured who you are. Actually, I liked your character, but you really, REALLY must learn to talk less. Some of your talks turns your (generally good) character into cheap and whiny. Get rid of that habit and you'll ascend into the next league. I hope you'll follow my advice and receive it not as an insult, but as critics that I am writing with the best intentions. I know you can do it.

Lindris: We have talked once. And during this talk you, by accident, told me of the another - correct - item. I was looking for one that was maxed, and thank god it was maxed. Probably I'd look at it's description and figure that it's wrong one, but maybe not. So, because of your accidental hint, I went in there and got the right item, and next hour I went to Conservator.

Sirelas: only one dude who got fulled by me because of being an ass. I don't mind summoning my undeads/pets before fighting me, but when all you do is summon them while sitting in the city, and then log off - that's what I call being an ass. I'm glad I've got you at least three times, especially happy that you two came to me in the past and both died. Though if you wouldn't panic and run, and teleport to the giant caravan, you would get me. But anyways, I've enjoyed fights with you.

Tiiga: sorry I died. I had a very interesting plan for you, it would be a cool story. It was fun interacting with you. I have no idea why you still run with that ####ty tittle, it do not reflect your story at all. But guess that's the price you have to pay for your IP address, dude. Welcome to the club.

Horivol: enjoyed our fights and your balsyness. You was close to kill me a couple of times, but my undeads were too tough (I've learned to make 55 lvl zombies solo on level 29-30). But you taught me to use aura/shield/protection/wraithform every time I was going to fight you. Keep trucking!

I don't know if I'll roll something else anytime soon. I feel a bit drained after playing Woland. At home, I have a new laptop with a crazy #### keyboard (thanks, Asus) and it's really a challenge to play there. Also, my tension with the some of the staff demoralizes me a lot. I'm not sure that my characters have the bright future here, no matter of how hard I would try, while some favorites will have their tons of immexp/lastnames/tittles/legacies in 2 weeks since rolled. And if it has no relation to the favoritism, then I'm so bad player/roleplayer that I shall not play CF and decrease its amazing quality with my poor presence. But who knows, maybe I'll overcome this mood.

I'm sure I forgot a lot of people, so if I didn't mention you here, ping me and I'll sure reply.

Maybe I'll post a couple of logs later, some of them are pretty funny.

/Necro

Quintalius (Anonymous)Sat 11-Jun-16 12:45 PM
Charter member
#128348, "I was pulling for you."
In response to Reply #1

I think our dynamic would have developed to be very interesting with time.

Good luck with your next.

DestuviusSat 11-Jun-16 01:01 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128349, "You didn't fail from conspiracy theories"
In response to Reply #1

You failed from turning in the wrong item. So the failure was actually all your own doing. And it wasn't even the item you were confused about that was incorrect.

This was one of your better chars and I hope you come back again with another. My advice is try to work a bit harder at treating the game like a game instead of treating it like a contest. GLWYN

wlnSat 11-Jun-16 03:18 PM
Member since 11th Jun 2016
134 posts
#128351, "Weird"
In response to Reply #3

Wells damn.
Wand was 100% correct, second you just confirmed this leaves two items. I've ten times checked description of both and both are firing 100% too. So it seems there is one more item with the similar description. I blame the crystal, because there are two almost similar items and I had to choose which one to give.

Thank you for the reply, maybe I'll give another shot.I really enjoyed midranks this time.

wlnSun 12-Jun-16 03:34 AM
Member since 11th Jun 2016
134 posts
#128353, "I think I know what happened..."
In response to Reply #3

I shouldn't pick that item from the container and the container itself should have been given. But from the weird of conservator it isn't clear at all.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #128346 Previous topic | Next topic