Subject: "(AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #10445
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 27-Oct-02 05:03 PM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16828 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10445, "(AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go"

Sun Oct 27 17:01:59 2002

12 o''clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Old Forces on the Theran calendar Lardovian perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:WARLOCK, the Warlocks of the Golden Grimoire
Hours:974
PK Ratio:38% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply The blind gnome is always forgotten. (n/t), Samtuka, 01-Nov-02 03:57 PM, #79
Reply RE: The blind gnome is always forgotten. (n/t), Lardovian (Guest), 03-Nov-02 09:27 AM, #81
Reply Knew you were gonna forget me but oh well. Everyone doe..., Airael (Guest), 01-Nov-02 08:05 AM, #77
Reply RE: Knew you were gonna forget me but oh well. Everyone..., Lardovian (Guest), 03-Nov-02 09:37 AM, #82
Reply Another passes, TheMaiden (Guest), 30-Oct-02 03:22 PM, #73
Reply RE: Another passes, Lardovian (Guest), 31-Oct-02 06:26 AM, #76
Reply RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go, Solyma (Guest), 29-Oct-02 10:40 PM, #52
Reply RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:24 AM, #54
Reply RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go, Jevanah (Guest), 29-Oct-02 05:47 PM, #48
Reply RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:50 AM, #55
Reply RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go, Selreka/Erestor (Guest), 29-Oct-02 06:26 AM, #43
Reply RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go, Lardovian (Guest), 29-Oct-02 02:19 PM, #45
Reply RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go, Sahvik (Guest), 28-Oct-02 06:33 PM, #30
Reply RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go, Lardovian (Guest), 29-Oct-02 05:53 AM, #35
Reply Heh..., Ilraeth, 28-Oct-02 01:28 PM, #28
Reply RE: Heh..., Lardovian (Guest), 28-Oct-02 03:35 PM, #29
     Reply Welcome to the club..., Astillian, 28-Oct-02 08:04 PM, #32
          Reply Oh one more thing..., Astillian, 28-Oct-02 08:05 PM, #33
          Reply RE: Welcome to the club..., Lardovian (Guest), 29-Oct-02 06:01 AM, #36
Reply RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go, Dimion (Guest), 28-Oct-02 01:05 PM, #27
Reply RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go, Lardovian (Guest), 29-Oct-02 06:24 AM, #42
Reply You forgot me :(, Dahrimar (Guest), 28-Oct-02 03:12 AM, #18
Reply RE: You forgot me :(, Lardovian (Guest), 29-Oct-02 06:11 AM, #38
Reply My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 27-Oct-02 06:58 PM, #3
Reply RE: My farewells, Farion (Guest), 27-Oct-02 07:33 PM, #4
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 29-Oct-02 06:20 AM, #41
Reply RE: My farewells, Karithia, 27-Oct-02 07:42 PM, #5
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 28-Oct-02 09:07 AM, #21
Reply Farewell, indeed!, Karhon (Guest), 27-Oct-02 08:39 PM, #6
Reply RE: Farewell, indeed!, Lardovian (Guest), 28-Oct-02 10:14 AM, #23
Reply Sonofabitch, Ulthur, 27-Oct-02 08:56 PM, #7
Reply RE: Sonofabitch, Lardovian (Guest), 29-Oct-02 06:17 AM, #40
Reply What happend?!?, Lloradonis, 27-Oct-02 09:30 PM, #8
Reply RE: What happend?!?, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:10 PM, #64
Reply Now how could you forget me? :P, Barilan (Guest), 27-Oct-02 09:31 PM, #9
Reply RE: Now how could you forget me? :P, Lardovian (Guest), 29-Oct-02 06:14 AM, #39
Reply RE: My farewells, Esoehi (Guest), 27-Oct-02 09:32 PM, #10
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 28-Oct-02 09:23 AM, #22
Reply Hmmm......, Korran, 27-Oct-02 10:14 PM, #11
Reply RE: Hmmm......, Lardovian (Guest), 28-Oct-02 02:29 AM, #15
Reply I actually liked you....for an enemy., Blimbali (Guest), 27-Oct-02 10:54 PM, #12
Reply RE: I actually liked you....for an enemy., Lardovian (Guest), 29-Oct-02 06:10 AM, #37
Reply RE: My farewells, Tynnyn (Guest), 28-Oct-02 01:31 AM, #13
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:20 PM, #65
Reply RE: My farewells, Sloryas, 28-Oct-02 02:28 AM, #14
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:24 PM, #66
Reply hmmph, Lokrin (Guest), 28-Oct-02 02:54 AM, #16
Reply RE: hmmph, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:29 PM, #67
Reply RE: My farewells, Giannovan (Guest), 28-Oct-02 02:57 AM, #17
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:31 PM, #68
Reply Wave, Leonidas (Guest), 28-Oct-02 04:50 AM, #19
Reply RE: Wave, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:32 PM, #69
Reply Evolution, Lightmage, 28-Oct-02 07:44 AM, #20
Reply RE: Evolution, Lardovian (Guest), 28-Oct-02 10:23 AM, #24
Reply Who am I going to drink with now?, Dieca (Guest), 28-Oct-02 11:19 AM, #25
Reply RE: Who am I going to drink with now?, Lardovian (Guest), 28-Oct-02 11:39 AM, #26
     Reply Smiling, Adam (Guest), 29-Oct-02 07:55 PM, #50
          Reply RE: Smiling, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 02:15 PM, #72
               Reply I saw that one! (N/T), Adam (Guest), 30-Oct-02 06:52 PM, #74
Reply RE: My farewells, Jez'belly (Guest), 28-Oct-02 07:40 PM, #31
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 29-Oct-02 05:52 AM, #34
Reply RE: My farewells, Imander (Guest), 29-Oct-02 12:10 PM, #44
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 29-Oct-02 02:24 PM, #46
Reply RE: My farewells, Abthalok (Guest), 29-Oct-02 05:22 PM, #47
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:36 PM, #70
Reply RE: My farewells, Dullameh, 29-Oct-02 07:14 PM, #49
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 11:36 AM, #58
Reply RE: My farewells, Scarabaeus, 29-Oct-02 09:36 PM, #51
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 11:56 AM, #60
Reply RE: My farewells, Urden, 30-Oct-02 09:49 PM, #75
Reply Thank you, Bilmiok (Guest), 29-Oct-02 11:13 PM, #53
Reply RE: Thank you, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:38 PM, #71
Reply The Tower will not see a Magister as devoted as you. *S..., Finduthilas (Guest), 30-Oct-02 05:17 AM, #56
Reply RE: The Tower will not see a Magister as devoted as you..., Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:05 PM, #63
Reply Wise old Fart, Uelveyye, 30-Oct-02 08:17 AM, #57
Reply RE: Wise old Fart, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:00 PM, #61
Reply RE: My farewells, Nwayreth (Guest), 30-Oct-02 11:46 AM, #59
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:02 PM, #62
Reply RE: My farewells, Gorach, 01-Nov-02 02:31 PM, #78
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 03-Nov-02 09:52 AM, #84
Reply RE: My farewells, Midge (Guest), 02-Nov-02 08:36 PM, #80
     Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 03-Nov-02 09:41 AM, #83
Reply RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go, Sosuphan (Guest), 27-Oct-02 05:46 PM, #2
Reply Daiken: Me say 'Wow', ArChaos, 27-Oct-02 05:17 PM, #1

SamtukaFri 01-Nov-02 03:57 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10446, "The blind gnome is always forgotten. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

Bah!

Lardovian (Guest)Sun 03-Nov-02 09:27 AM

#10447, "RE: The blind gnome is always forgotten. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #79

I'll blame that little thing in the back of my head that tells me to keep clear of thieves. Atleast until I can get a promise from them to keep out of my pockets

Anyway, the times I did see you I had nothing negative coming out of it so I'd say that I liked Samtuka in that regard

You've been around a long time and I think you still have plenty to give. Keep in there

Lardovian

Airael (Guest)Fri 01-Nov-02 08:05 AM

#10448, "Knew you were gonna forget me but oh well. Everyone doe..."
In response to Reply #0

Thank you for helping us that time in the Underdark with the Cavefisher. You were a great person to hang around with (noticed it when you took me once to Organia) but you probably had better things to do with your time than hang around a lone druid all the time *snicker* Anyway, very well played, I wish you luck on your next character...

Lardovian (Guest)Sun 03-Nov-02 09:37 AM

#10449, "RE: Knew you were gonna forget me but oh well. Everyone..."
In response to Reply #77

Heh, don't mention another rescue-/helpmission. Lardovian tended to be on those more often than not but he didn't mind. He met many of his friends that way even though he often needed to be reminded whom it was that he had been out helping

Airael was another of those people that I would have wanted to spend more time with and get to know better, but alas, one can only do so much and somehow I always had some way of getting occupied, be it with a goblet of wine or a Scion or fifteen visiting the Tower. *shrug*

I'll be back though, that's a decision that has been taken

Lardovian

TheMaiden (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 03:22 PM

#10450, "Another passes"
In response to Reply #0

Wow, you did a wonderful job. I loved talking with you and just, chilling. I could always count on you for a talk over tells or so on. I had just logged in, which I don't do a whole lot as you have noticed.. but anyhow, i did and it was reported you had croaked. I came as soon as I could. Really wish we could have done even more together. You were a great friend and I tried to help you through the 'rough' times you had, even though my playing times don't help for a whole lot of that asap needed stuff. Thanks for everything, you will be remembered.

The maiden,
Lysrieal

Lardovian (Guest)Thu 31-Oct-02 06:26 AM

#10451, "RE: Another passes"
In response to Reply #73

I liked Lysrieal too for she always seemed to be there when you needed her in one way or another. She was an interesting and different person to interact with but nevertheless I liked that very much for it brought some change into Lardovian's life. And that is part of what kept him alive so long, always being able to find new and different things to do.

You do a great job, keep it up

Lardovian

Solyma (Guest)Tue 29-Oct-02 10:40 PM

#10452, "RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go"
In response to Reply #0

I marry you on your deathbed, take your last name as my own, ensuring that it will live on, and all you can say about me is that I need to improve? Yeesh.
Anyway, I enjoyed spending time with you. I intended on roleplaying a "crush that could never be" on you with Sol, and was shocked when you went along with things! I never intended to be a noob latching on to an established player, and I'm sorry if it looked that way. I'd be surprised if there wasn't whispering along the lines of "Gee, wonder how SHE got inducted."
I don't regret a moment of the time we spent together, and will love you for the rest of my days. I'm sorry I never got to shield you, or cast beside you in combat.
Hentale, Melamin... I'll miss you.
-Solyma

You better mail me: SolymaCF@hotmail.com

Lardovian (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 12:24 AM

#10453, "RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go"
In response to Reply #52

And here I am again, stuck with blushing cheeks and an apology on my tounge to explain what it was I really meant.

I emjoyed being with Solyma a lot aswell for she somehow managed to show up at the right time and I think you play that girl really well even if I at that point was some 1130 years older

We did have some very interesting times in there and I wish we could've been around together longer.

Anyway, keep it up and thank you.

Lardovian

Jevanah (Guest)Tue 29-Oct-02 05:47 PM

#10454, "RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go"
In response to Reply #0

I haven't had that much fun in a long long time and Jevanah started out to be a test char to see about conjies and stuff. Then all that fun stuff with you then running around behind imms backs. I don't know I kinda got out of the loop never played her my phone got shut off *growl* long story anyways. I'm sorry i wasn't around more at the end. I had so much fun. I'm kinda upset we never did get married though I was rather proud of myself to have everything work out as well as it did.

Lardovian (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 12:50 AM

#10455, "RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go"
In response to Reply #48

>I haven't had that much fun in a long long time and Jevanah
>started out to be a test char to see about conjies and
>stuff.

And Lardovian started out as a side project for me aswell and look what he turned into...

>Then all that fun stuff with you then running around
>behind imms backs.

Now that was probably my favourite part besides all those talks we had inside the Lyceum.

>I don't know I kinda got out of the loop
>never played her my phone got shut off *growl* long story
>anyways.

So that was it... Now that can hamper your ability to play quite a lot I can imagine. I was wondering for quite some time of why I didn't get to see you around more. And of course you had to delete on the single night I wasn't on for like two weeks }>

>I had so much fun.

Trust me... I had too. Very much of it.

>I'm kinda upset we never did get married
>though I was rather proud of myself to have everything work
>out as well as it did.

And you should be. I didn't know how to approach some of what came forth from you at first but in the end it all seemed to naturally solve itself in some obscure way.

Take care and good luck with the next and all that... I liked Jevanah very much and hope that I'll see her again in some new form som day.

Lardovian

Selreka/Erestor (Guest)Tue 29-Oct-02 06:26 AM

#10456, "RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go"
In response to Reply #0

Fine no mention of the perennial Warlock rage deleter? And I thought you liked my chars!!! Everyone likes them!! BAH!! It was fun running around with you, always nice to have an alligator on my trips.

You also killed my conjies raven dammit!!! I go to the bathroom and poof some mean owl is picking on my poor raven! I still think you got lucky when I gaunted you OH well...

Gook on your next

Felgaire/Selreka/Valtaire

Lardovian (Guest)Tue 29-Oct-02 02:19 PM

#10457, "RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go"
In response to Reply #43

I'll say one thing. Oops

Yeah, I liked those chars a lot as they seemed to know what they were doing and the Tower desperatly needed competent people at that time. Only part you need to work on is that 'delete'

As for that raven, I thought it strange aswell when you didn't release it so... it died.
That gaunting was... interesting. Especially since I ended up wording from the South Gate amidst a bunch of three ragers that probably were as surprised as I was When I saw them there.

Keep 'em coming

Lardovian

Sahvik (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 06:33 PM

#10458, "RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go"
In response to Reply #0

One of the few who would travel with me. Thanks for not taking my attitude personally, It is afterall, just a game, and a role. You were cool, and I was really happy when you agreed to wander around with me. Thats probably one of my fondest memories with ol' sahvik. I'm still around, just taking a little break from him. Its too bad, I wish I could have said goodbye In game. Good luck to you on your next, and don't forget who is the REAL king, huh?

Sahvik

Lardovian (Guest)Tue 29-Oct-02 05:53 AM

#10459, "RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go"
In response to Reply #30

There kan only be one king and you know who it is

IlraethMon 28-Oct-02 01:28 PM
20 posts
#10460, "Heh..."
In response to Reply #0

Just like a bachelor to find SOME way to get out of marriage and stay unattached. While that was one of the more extreme way to avoid it, it was also one of the funnier things I’ve seen

Lardovian (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 03:35 PM

#10461, "RE: Heh..."
In response to Reply #28

Heh, I can imagine that it must've looked a bit strange... Atleast I got to say my part of it all *shrug*

Probably the last way I wanted to end it too. I still feel as if I easily could have put in another fivehundred hours and had as much fun, but oh well, time comes for us all. And time I had had a lot of already.

Didn't know how close actually was when you appeared to me that last time in the Inn... should've told me }>

Only suggestion I'd give as to perhaps warn a character by some spiffy little echo 'You feel a strange tightening in your chest' or something along those lines. Now it came as a complete surprise to me and even though I knew it was coming, I just sat and stared at the screen for like five seconds before I actually grasped what had happened.

Anyway... I wish you the best and hope that you will stay in there for you play a great part and do it well.

Lardovian

AstillianMon 28-Oct-02 08:04 PM
166 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#10462, "Welcome to the club..."
In response to Reply #29

You beat me by about 50 hours or so I only had about 932 I think. I can totally understand blinking at the screen before knowing exactly what happened. I was in hell when my death occured so I just thought it was some funky thing that insta-killed me.

I didn't travel too much with you as Dalentar but I did a bit more with Jayla. Thank you for all your help getting the amulet of clarity.

I wish you the best with your next character.

AstillianMon 28-Oct-02 08:05 PM
166 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#10464, "Oh one more thing..."
In response to Reply #32

I also think there should be some kind of echo when you get down to your last 10 hours OOC with the character. You feel a tightning in your chest or your bones feel tired with age or something. That would be great to have implemented.

Lardovian (Guest)Tue 29-Oct-02 06:01 AM

#10463, "RE: Welcome to the club..."
In response to Reply #32

I'll admit it right away, I was searching for you in the archives to see if I could have you beat if I managed to avoid (CON) long enough, but something is screwed with the archive not displaying names and such so I never got to see how many hours you had.

Feels funny in a way, to manage to (AGE) an elf. On the other hand it just makes the parting from the character so much harder since you've played him for such a long time.

Ah well... I'll just have to go and (CON) an elf now so I have done them all.

Lardovian

Dimion (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 01:05 PM

#10465, "RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go"
In response to Reply #0

oh dear, who am i gonna call when i am in over my head now?
hehe you were a great char man. one of the few who had me laughing irl so hard i couldn't type.. and yes that gator rocked.. i'm glad you were there. i learned alot about thera wandering in places i had nu business being (this was a throw-away char not even intended to get empowered.. funny yar?)
what will we do without you?

Lardovian (Guest)Tue 29-Oct-02 06:24 AM

#10466, "RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go"
In response to Reply #27

>oh dear, who am i gonna call when i am in over my head now?

I dunno but I feel sorry for him

>hehe you were a great char man. one of the few who had me
>laughing irl so hard i couldn't type.. and yes that gator
>rocked..

Sure did

>i'm glad you were there. i learned alot about thera
>wandering in places i had nu business being (this was a
>throw-away char not even intended to get empowered.. funny
>yar?)

Heh, I think you should rethink that and go for it all. Dimion was/is a great person to have around and I think you'll do well.

>what will we do without you?

Can't answer that but I do hope someone will down by share of the wine

Lardovian

Dahrimar (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 03:12 AM

#10467, "You forgot me :("
In response to Reply #0

We surely had and fun time at the Inn with Jazebelle, Fythia and yourself. The 'S***t**' part sure kicks some funny reactions around! Gonna miss you, and well played.

Farewell.

Lardovian (Guest)Tue 29-Oct-02 06:11 AM

#10468, "RE: You forgot me :("
In response to Reply #18

Oh how I wish that he would pop forth that time you spoke it and just do something nasty to you }>

Lardovian

Lardovian (Guest)Sun 27-Oct-02 06:58 PM

#10469, "My farewells"
In response to Reply #0

Wow...

That's my first thought...

I have lived and breathed Lardovian for so long now it feels strange that he is finally... gone. He came into Thera during the easter holiday of 2002 because I had been away from CF for about a year and I wanted to see what had become of the world. And here I am... on the other end of 974 hours in the world of Thera known as the Carrion fields.
I chose the elf shapeshifer once more because that was what I last played so this would be my second Hero, second elf, and second shapeshifter. I enjoy the class for it makes for a whole new dimension to the way you see Thera. The lack of communication can be a pain at times... but I spent so much time alongside those I fought with so I think they more often than not knew what I wanted.
I will admit right away that my choice of foci might be seen as a cheap one, and I admit, it is. But alas... I don't think I'd change any of the forms I recieved for other ones. The alligator is great once you learn how to use it and I think many of those I traveled with came to appreciate it aswell, atleast for all those underwater expeditions.
The owl... Hear me all thieves and assassins, fear it. I think quite a few of you found that it was quite adept at chasing people out of the shadows. It may not be much of a fighter compared to the other birds, but as I said, no other bird would have let me do all that I did as well.

I think it is no secret... I died, a lot. Both during ranking and later during my life. But for some reason... the feeling to give up never occured to me as I was having too much of fun to do that. And that brings me on another thing... fun. I hereby extend a heartfelt thanks to any and all that interacted with Lardovian, for it was you who made him into what he was, the most fun I've had in a very, very long time.

I hope I did not make too bad a job as Magister when I finally became that and in truth, it was one of them things I never thought would happen. Being a leader was fun and challenging, yet could be a pain at times, fending off four people trying to speak with you at once.

Once more... I can only say that I hope that any and all who were around Lardovian had as much as fun as I did. That's why I'm here now writing this.

And here... are the farewells:

WARLOCK

Shila - Little sister... Many were the times we shared together and I enjoyed every one of them and can only hope you did aswell.

Verienel - I really wanted to talk that attack on the Sorceress through with you afterwards... but you seemed to disappear just before that came to happen.

Sloryas - A good friend that helped me more than I would ever ask for in going on all those trips to get me things.

Finduthilas - You are a very competent mage and you deserve kudos for that. I don't know if you disliked me or anything, but it seemed you prefered to run alone so I let you do that *wry*

Solyma - Keep in there, you have potential even if there are some things you need to work on still.

Picatepty - Thank you for all the good times, I had loads of fun around you. Running around the Tower chasing you became quite interesting after a while *snicker*

Dalnik - Where'd you go? We could have used you so much in the Tower and I liked to have you around.

Farion - An interesting one you were but one I liked nontheless. Should've stayed in there

Daurwyn - Thank you for the induction... It was the only time I think I ever spoke with you before you disappeared.

Tinuthiel - I didn't see or speak with you as much as I sooner came to realise I wanted. But I got to talk to you anyway... in a way that I don't know if you know of. Now that was muddled enough... ah well, on to the next one.

Shilite - You thanked me for an interesting interview, I thank you for letting me make it interesting.

HERALD

Jevanah - What can I say... I'm sorry you weren't able to be around more, I so much wanted to finish what we had started. You turned Lardovian's world upside down, but that only made him love you so much more in the end.

Dieca - Oselle... Seek out those precious little seeds. I came to enjoy being around you very much and those songs were always something to make an old elf's heart ache.

Jezebelle - Now ours was quite an interesting relation I think. Don't think that I regret any of it though... on the contrary, I relish every bit of it. Perhaps not that last thingy about a certain garment but as you said... we both knew it had been beyond that aswell. *innocent*

Vihan - Sorry for that time down at Crystal Island. Didn't mean to do that but then... it wasn't the last time I did something like that, nor the first. I liked having you as a friend even if we didn't get to do overly much in terms of interaction.

Nwayreth - Keep in there and you'll have loads of fun.

ENTROPY

Arnora - I so much wanted to finish that trip up in Thar-Acacia... thank you for a short, but wonderful time.

Onilyn - Sheesh I came to dislike you over time. Not hate... but certainly dislike as I viewed you as one of the more irritating people around. But I can understand if that was in your role aswell.

DAWN

Lysrieal - One of those friends that you knew you could count on even if we didn't always speak overly much with eachother.

Sahvik - A pity I didn't see you more by the end. We were on opposing sides in many things yet seemed to be able to get along.

Masaryk - Keep it up, you're a good person even if we were forced to share something. (insert evil grin)

SCARAB

Amora - You deserve respect for what you did. A solid person that became a not insignificant force in Thera when present. A pity you didn't hang in there longer, the Cult needed someone like you.

MARAN

Ulthur - Keep it up and I will see you in the Azure fields soon. You became one of my best friends over the years that passed us by even if I didn't think I would see you after that our first encounter in the past.

Lydian - One I came to know, yet seldom traveled with. Nontheless you were a great friend to have around.

Karhon - Now what can I say... you were there before me, you remain after I'm gone. You were another one of those you could count on. Not that we got to travel much, but I liked the times we did so much more.

Tynnyn - Where'd you go?

Hazkal - I met you the first time in Ilraeth's shrine then I hardly saw you after that except for the occasional travels here and there.

Siandors - Keep on trucking, you do a fine job from what I can see.

NEXUS

Valkore - It was as a nexan I knew you and therefore I put you here. You seemed a good friend and where one hell of a warrior. I don't think I've ever seen the giant go down as fast as it did when you were there to beat it to shreds.

BATTLE

Now there was quite a lot of you at times, making my life a pain to live... or die.

Bryvac - You're a beast. Simple as that. I knew that I was in for a hard time everytime the Angel started to scream that you were raiding.

Nourn - Gutsy dwarf. You came... even when most others would have stayed home, kudos to you.

Huraz & Hirilim - Liked fighting you even if it mostly was about me trying to get you to stay out of the shadows before shifting to alligator.

Gyasi & Karkanen - You were the ones who taught me the perils of getting blackjacked in form, thus unable to call for help.

Rhuean - I ran from you mostly because I was inexperienced and because I knew that you could maledict me back to the stoneage and then kill me easily.

Oquogar (spelling?) - You taught me quite a lot about when a fight is lost and it's time to run. Not the easiest thing to do with that spear of yours sticking out your back.

TRIBUNAL

Uelveyye - A very good friend and ally to have around. Thank you for the times we had and all the aid you gave me at times.

Yeitrai - I did want to run around a bit more with you and explore...

Constance - One of my best friends during my younger years but then as I neared hero you went and deleted.

Eskelian - Those plans of yours I really wanted to see unfolded. Would've made for a very interesting time without doubt.

Deigreck - In a way... I was glad that you went as fast as you did. On the other hand, it would've made for some interesting intereactions.

SCION

The banes of my existance... There were a lot of you at times, then none. Ah well...

Dwoggurd - Ow, ow, ow. I dreaded that 'Dwoggurd starts aiming at you!'. For me that only meant that I was in for a serious beating if I didn't get out of there fast.

Eleke - Got you once, otherwise it seemed you sent me running more often than not on the few times we clashed.

Dranolian - Fighting transmuters is not an easy thing to do and usually you managed to bring enough aid to give anyone a hard time.

Urden - You stuck it out when the rest of the Scions left as Dullameh imm'd and even though we didn't fight or talk that much you seemed to be knowing what you were doing and it was never easy for me on the few occasions we met.

Arthlow - You taught me how it felt to be on the wrong end of the alligator. It hurts.

Daiken - Another one long gone, yet one of those I watched out for as I would usually put the retrieval attempt on ice while you were around. You had that talent to arrive at precisely the wrong moment.

Uzurag - As I said in your thread, I was mighty pissed at you after the whole silver tears business but I took it out... on the nightwalker.

Xandera - Hunting your raven across the skies became a sport for me after a while. Hope you didn't mind *grin*

Khurmen - Had looked forward to fighting more with you. But then I think it would have said (CON) instead of (AGE) in the graveyard...

ICE-DRAKES

Wasarbre - The founder and spirit behind it all. You were a great friend to fight beside with and I thoroughly enjoyed all of our travels.

Gorach - One of my best friends I dare say. At first I was a bit muffled about the things you would say to me, then I started to bicker back which made our travels so much more interesting. And yes... I still remember what you did down in the vaults getting assassinated... Oops, did I say that out loud?

Astarcio - The few fights we fought beside eachother I liked, otherwise we mainly seemed to see eachother up above and exchanging the occasional nod.

OTHERS

Lintronea - One of my first real good friends whom I liked spending time with very much.

Shaitarak - Keep it up, you'll get chomped one day or another. *snicker*

Raliyas - You were great. You were probably one of the scariest people around as you'd rob someone blind before they knew what hit them. Thanks for keeping away from my girdles after a while.

Fythia - Man I was sad to see you go the way you did, even if I can understand the circumstances.

IMMORTALS

Ilraeth - You are the greatest. I thank you for everything you did for me and hope that I didn't do too bad a job with what I got.

Savraeth - Enjoyed the few talks we had. Thank you

Karithia - We never seemed to be on the same side in a conflict. From my first failed attempt at getting inducted by you to my last breath there always seemed something we disagreed about.

Mayesha - You deserve more than thanks for what all you did for me. Sad to see that you're gone though.

Dullameh - We fought quite a lot I dare say. Often ending with me falling but somehow I always managed to come back to fight another day. That time you walked through three defending warlocks left me kind of openmouthed though. I didn't think such a thing was possible.

Scarabaeus - Those few talks we had was quite enjoyable, atleast for me. Was a... different experience to say the least.

I think that's all... if I forgot someone, holler up or send me a mail at ulf.blixt@pop.landskrona.se
This is Lardovian the Penitent shapeshifter, Shredder of fine Robes or Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Golden Tower signing off. For this time. Thank you all for this time, it has been great and I'll say what so many others have.

Imms, you make a great game. Keep it up.

Lardovian

Farion (Guest)Sun 27-Oct-02 07:33 PM

#10526, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #3

vell pleid. ve shall shair e kup eef koffy nov den, ja?

Lardovian (Guest)Tue 29-Oct-02 06:20 AM

#10527, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #4

Yeah, we need to get around to that sometime.

And we need to teach Shila what 'majs' means

Lardovian

KarithiaSun 27-Oct-02 07:42 PM
26 posts
#10524, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #3

I knew it was coming soon. I know Lardovian (though unsure about you) didn't like Karithia. Too many times I saw you doing things that Karithia did not feel a Leader should be doing (mainly socializing with evil magi, especially one). Though, towards the end of your life, you seemed to be more of a leader, taking items of power and doing some fighting. Just know that Karithia, not me, didn't like you. I thought you did a fine enough job. I wish you luck with your next character.

Signed in a beautiful flowing script,

Karithia El'Feanor

Lardovian (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 09:07 AM

#10525, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #5

Well, I'll mirror what you say in that it was Lardovian who had issues, not me. I don't know the person behind Karithia but I feel confident that we would be able to get along without much of a hassle.
As for me socialising with the mage in question... well.. I'll admit that might have been partly to annoy Karithia but pretty soon it steered away from that to other reasons altogether.

Anyway, I hope you'll stay in there and continue to make CF a better and better place to be.

Lardovian

Karhon (Guest)Sun 27-Oct-02 08:39 PM

#10522, "Farewell, indeed!"
In response to Reply #3

"Karhon - Now what can I say... you were there before me, you remain after I'm gone. You were another one of those you could count on. Not that we got to travel much, but I liked the times we did so much mor"

Har, I was there before you, but somehow you managed to gain hours almost twice as fast as me. Do you take time to excercise irl? Bah! I was always having to count upon you! I think I helped you defend the Tower like twice, but you helped me get my hammer back so often, I can't count them with my fingers. (Or in my head)
A powerful friend to have, I loved your forms... And of course, roleplaying with warlocks is always fun. But like you said, we probably grouped 10 to 15 times your entire life, so we didn't have a lot of chances, but I enjoyed all the times we did have more than you did, I'm sure. Anyways, hope you are a perma-goodie like me, and roll up another elven shapeshifter!
Karhon Ironwood

Lardovian (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 10:14 AM

#10523, "RE: Farewell, indeed!"
In response to Reply #6

>Anyways, hope you are a perma-goodie like me, and roll up another elven shapeshifter!

First half, probably correct. First half of the other, most likely. Second half, dunno, but I'm tempted

I'm going to take atleast some days off before I consider if I want another character anytime soon. I need some recharging after all those hours poured into Lardovian, which I don't feel is strange.

Who knows, we might even be seeing eachother ranking up together in a week or two

Lardovian

UlthurSun 27-Oct-02 08:56 PM
44 posts
#10520, "Sonofabitch"
In response to Reply #3

Man, I figured this had to be coming sometime, you've been around forever. I always looked forward to seeing you on. All my friends are going away. Anyway, you helped make Ulthur fun. You and me and Gorach and company... some good times. Anyway, more later. Thanks for everything.

.ulthur

"Don't worry cutsy buttons. Tonight, dyin's not on the menu!"

- Strong Bad as Dangeresque

Lardovian (Guest)Tue 29-Oct-02 06:17 AM

#10521, "RE: Sonofabitch"
In response to Reply #7

The times we had with Gorach was probably some of the best Lardovian ever had. And I should say thanks for all your tellings of that story of yours

You were a great companion and always up for cleansing an item or just to go out and wack something around for a bit. Even though I had to deal with that thief over in Barovia for you }>

Take care and keep on trucking in there, the fort needs you.

Lardovian

LloradonisSun 27-Oct-02 09:30 PM
0 posts
#10518, "What happend?!?"
In response to Reply #3

AHHH!!! I am about to hit 42 so I could rank with you and Caysh? Oh well, of to spam like every little good voker...

Just like to say I enjoyed talking with you. Also just want to thank you for contantly suppling me with gifts I guess that is what I get for being a female elf in Warlock. Good luck with the next(Warlock please?), and see you in the fields.

Lloradonis

P.S. Hey drop me a line so I can talk to you about some things that I meant to do before you age died.

Lardovian (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 12:10 PM

#10519, "RE: What happend?!?"
In response to Reply #8

I can tell you that all that stuff wasn't aimed at noone in particular, but you seemed to be present most of the times I got in the mood to collect some thingies for the lower ranked mages of the Tower.

Line dropped, now I'm waiting for the answer. If you haven't got anything, blame the email-utility of these forums and send me a mail on the adress I stated in my main farewellnote.

Lardovian

Barilan (Guest)Sun 27-Oct-02 09:31 PM

#10516, "Now how could you forget me? :P"
In response to Reply #3

We had some fun times together. Exploring/fighting/raiding was an everyday thing when we were around together. Too bad i couldn't get around more in the end, but you were tough as nails, thats for sure...Now who the hell am I going to get to do some crazy exploring with me?

Good luck on the next,
Barilan

Lardovian (Guest)Tue 29-Oct-02 06:14 AM

#10517, "RE: Now how could you forget me? :P"
In response to Reply #9

Well... I'll blame it on that we seldom saw eachother for atleast the last 200 hours of Lardovian's life. But I agree, we had some very nice times together when we finally managed to set out on a journey.

If you want tips on who to choose? Take the most reckless, drunken little elf you can find. You'll have a blast and so will he

Lardovian

Esoehi (Guest)Sun 27-Oct-02 09:32 PM

#10514, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #3

No I'm not made you forgot me in your farewells. I am a forgotten quite easily.

I knew you were old, didn't think you hit that many hours. Well I am sorry to see you go. Really I am. you were a great character to be around. I Wish we interacted some more then we did. I always did enjoy when they first put the whisper to command in and we would bug Shila about that. good times. Well best of luck and I know we will cross paths again. Well I hope I do. Well that's it can't think of anything else.

- Esoehi

Lardovian (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 09:23 AM

#10515, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #10

Heh, can't see how I could forget you. I liked Esoehi and agree, I should've gotten to know you better. Problem being that I should've done that with a lot of people. I hope you'll stick in there and support Shila, she needs it.

Take care and all that

Lardovian

KorranSun 27-Oct-02 10:14 PM
20 posts
#10512, "Hmmm......"
In response to Reply #3

Damned you forgot me. *mutters*

Was fun to see you round. We didnt really tealk much till gorach was gone at then it seemed that got the ball rolling. You were fun to have around and was good fun talking to you.

Although I do hate you for not writing to the imms bout that fountain.

Bah! Oh well good times eh?

Korran

Lardovian (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 02:29 AM

#10513, "RE: Hmmm......"
In response to Reply #11

Heh, another one I should've remembered. If you have that log of the zoo at Rainbow bridge, I'd appreciate if you could send it to me, I sat laughing through the whole thing.

But indeed, good times it was...

I'll see you around and keep on trucking

Blimbali (Guest)Sun 27-Oct-02 10:54 PM

#10510, "I actually liked you....for an enemy."
In response to Reply #3

It was really to bad you and I were on opposing sides in a war that seems to have no feasible way of being ended. I felt you truly wanted it to end when we spoke about it. I cant count the number of times I saw opportunity to set up a death trap for you while I spotted you helping someone rank or whatever...yet I abstained. Unsure why at first, I just did. Towards the end I began to respect you enough to not even bother hunting you as I knew how you felt and the position you were in as far as achieving peace with the Pack. War with the current pack is anything but tough though I am sure, we arent the bloodthirsty pack of old. I am seeing to that.

From what I gather you were "The Brain" and Shila was "Pinky" but I am told you lead the tower well together.

Nice work.
Nice char.
Lots of Luck.

Captain Blimby

Lardovian (Guest)Tue 29-Oct-02 06:10 AM

#10511, "RE: I actually liked you....for an enemy."
In response to Reply #12

>It was really to bad you and I were on opposing sides in a
>war that seems to have no feasible way of being ended. I
>felt you truly wanted it to end when we spoke about it.

Yep, I did. But at the same time I knew that it would probably never come to pass as there was no way I could accept some of those terms.

>I cant count the number of times I saw opportunity to set up a
>death trap for you while I spotted you helping someone rank
>or whatever...yet I abstained. Unsure why at first, I just
>did.

Thanks for that. Most of the times I didn't know you were there even. One thing I remember the most beside the talk we had by the shrine outside the Inn was that time I countered back your own sunray at you for a nice ANNI your way down on the Western Aryth

>War with the current pack is anything but tough though
>I am sure, we arent the bloodthirsty pack of old. I am
>seeing to that.

I never saw it as a regular war because the Grove broke into the Tower and stole the Grimoire but once after I reached hero and seldom before that. And yes, the pack have seen changes, that much was clear to me even if I don't know the specifics.

>From what I gather you were "The Brain" and Shila was
>"Pinky" but I am told you lead the tower well together.

I would argue that it was the other way around many times but I don't know. I'll leave that to others to decide.

>
>Nice work.

Thanks

>Nice char.

It was

>Lots of Luck.

I'll need it

>Captain Blimby

Lardovian

Tynnyn (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 01:31 AM

#10508, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #3

Bah.....seein' that my fairwell message is "where did you go?" hurts a bit, but I suppose it's my own fault. I've been having rough, busy times in the real world, and not been able to get to the fields much. I plan on being around more now, though.

I liked you, Lardovian, and enjoyed our interactions. 974 hours.....that is unbelievable. You have grit, that's for sure. I've never been able to play a character to age death, let alone an elf. Congradulations on a full and rewarding life, both to yourself and us. You'll be missed, and the war will be a bit tougher without you.

Lardovian (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 12:20 PM

#10509, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #13

>Bah.....seein' that my fairwell message is "where did you
>go?" hurts a bit, but I suppose it's my own fault. I've been
>having rough, busy times in the real world, and not been
>able to get to the fields much. I plan on being around more
>now, though.

Welcome back to a great game then

>I liked you, Lardovian, and enjoyed our interactions. 974
>hours.....that is unbelievable. You have grit, that's for
>sure. I've never been able to play a character to age death,
>let alone an elf. Congradulations on a full and rewarding
>life, both to yourself and us. You'll be missed, and the war
>will be a bit tougher without you.

Hopefully there will be someone who can fill in the void left by Lardovian. If there ain't, I'll guess I have to do it myself at one point or another

Lardovian

SloryasMon 28-Oct-02 02:28 AM
0 posts
#10506, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #3

Oh there goes my pet scaly. Guess now I can plan on my pet orcs. *grin* The noogles and bickerings we had, its fun. You'll be missed.

Sloryas

Lardovian (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 12:24 PM

#10507, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #14

I'll miss Sloryas aswell. I felt bad after a while for all the time you took to help me get new shiny thingies only to have me die and get full-looted by some scions.
Thank you for it though, it helped me a lot in that I didn't have to be out hunting for gear all the time.

Sidenote: gear didn't mean much to Lardovian, but if he could get some of it back with some prodding, then yes, he would do so.

And no orcs in my tower! }>

Take care

Lardovian

Lokrin (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 02:54 AM

#10504, "hmmph"
In response to Reply #3

Heh. I knew about you and your owl, which was why I tried to make myself useful enough to you that I could get away with other things without you deciding to come and kill me.

I hope those wands I passed you came in useful. You never did put enough business my way, which is why the supply "dried up".

Didn't speak to you that much because Lokrin saw you more as a contact than as a friend.

Lardovian (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 12:29 PM

#10505, "RE: hmmph"
In response to Reply #16

>Heh. I knew about you and your owl, which was why I tried
>to make myself useful enough to you that I could get away
>with other things without you deciding to come and kill me.

And useful you were, atleast until we stopped talking to eachother. Don't know why, but after you attacked my students there up in Arial... that might have had something to do with it, I don't know.

>I hope those wands I passed you came in useful. You never
>did put enough business my way, which is why the supply
>"dried up".

Understandable, but the ones you gave me proved usable to no little end.

>
>Didn't speak to you that much because Lokrin saw you more as
>a contact than as a friend.

Likewise

Good luck on the character and all that

Lardovian

Giannovan (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 02:57 AM

#10502, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #3

You were a fine leader. I have served under many and you did well compared to them. Good luck on your next one.

Lardovian (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 12:31 PM

#10503, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #17

Thanks for that. A nice word is always another drop or fifteen in that glass that needs to be filled before I decide to roll another one or not

Take care and keep the Tower safe.

Lardovian

Leonidas (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 04:50 AM

#10500, "Wave"
In response to Reply #3

Oh I so appriciated the talks we had as mages inbetween. It was good to see a leader take time for the little folk. I just hope I gave you something back also...
Leon..

Lardovian (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 12:32 PM

#10501, "RE: Wave"
In response to Reply #19

I enjoyed those talks a lot aswell. Always cleaving words with eachother, none of us never really getting the advantage... aah... the good old times...

Keep on going, the Tower needs you.

Lardovian

LightmageMon 28-Oct-02 07:44 AM
319 posts
#10498, "Evolution"
In response to Reply #3

You have come a long way, and I have nothing but respect for you. I have interacted with you from Vomalice, Wasarbre, Riav, and one other...*grin* Cant believe how old you got. You should have got some wrinkled old toothless gator, quest form.

You are the only Warlock to stick it out in years. Well done.

Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man.

Lardovian (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 10:23 AM

#10499, "RE: Evolution"
In response to Reply #20

Heh, you deserve an equal degree of what you give me with all those characters. Can't see why you were so intent on chars that would fight against me rather than with me

And no, my gator was anything but toothless }>

And in a way... I find Lardovian's life unbelievable aswell. Most of the things happening to him were such as I didn't think were possible, which in a way left me even more amazed and grateful for the game that is run on carrionfields.com

Lardovian

Dieca (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 11:19 AM

#10493, "Who am I going to drink with now?"
In response to Reply #3

Well, seems a long road reached its end hmm?

I must say that I really really enjoyed our interactions, and there where many times you had me laughing out loud. (Two recent examples the drinking and singing in the mountains and the competition.) My favourite comment from that competition was "It seems we did alot of unnecessary running." that along with all the old drunk people jokes... You always roleplayed very well using many emotes (and a nice sense of humor) wich made interacting with you a blast.

I thought of it at a few occations and it seems to me that the songs suited both our characters pretty well and I am glad you liked them (you beeing Lardovian atleast ). No happysongs but atleast we had our sense of humor

I knew you would go for age or con death (or IMM) but I wasnt sure of how it would end... Kinda hoped you would go for IMM though...

Well played, good luck with the next and yadi yadi yada See ya in the fields!

Dieca the lone drunkard, grympy oldtimer of the Eternal Star

Lardovian (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 11:39 AM

#10494, "RE: Who am I going to drink with now?"
In response to Reply #25

And a long road it was...

Heh, most people who were around Lardovian a bit knew that he hated walking over most anything else. And yes, I liked those songs a lot, both as Lardovian and as myself.

I don't know about that Imm-thing though, I had in mind to maybe apply one day but in the end I didn't. That's perhaps the one question I'd liked to have answered by the staff "up there", would Lardovian have had a chance at it?

The full potential of emoting I learned on another mud (yes, yes I know, bad to play anything else) so now it just seemed natural to bring what I learned there to CF. The one social I hate the most I think is 'X smiles happily.' Come on now, there's much more to a smile now and then than that. But that's probably just me.

I'll stand at the gates with a goblet in my hands when you arrive }>

Lardovian

Adam (Guest)Tue 29-Oct-02 07:55 PM

#10495, "Smiling"
In response to Reply #26

I agree, a few more smile socials are needed...
I still find myself "smiling slightly" though being one of my few attempts at an original smile and the most used by Jiellon, who never smiled broadly, always sorta smirked...

As for Lardovian, every major character I've had has at the very least shared the bar with him. You gave a very distinct personality to him and was just a joy to be around. He was one of those characters who just had a... presence. A very distinct presence.

Adam

Lardovian (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 02:15 PM

#10496, "RE: Smiling"
In response to Reply #50

>As for Lardovian, every major character I've had has at the
>very least shared the bar with him. You gave a very distinct
>personality to him and was just a joy to be around. He was
>one of those characters who just had a... presence. A very
>distinct presence.

emote spreads his hands and dips his head slightly in acknowledgement, a small smile playing over his lips.

>Adam

Lardovian

Adam (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 06:52 PM

#10497, "I saw that one! (N/T)"
In response to Reply #72

Jez'belly (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 07:40 PM

#10491, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #3

Well, we knew it was coming... but, it still sucks. Jeze will miss Lardovian. They had a special friendship. I enjoyed every minute of the time we shared and look forward to meeting you again in the Fields.

Later, Gator.
*sigh*

Lardovian (Guest)Tue 29-Oct-02 05:52 AM

#10492, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #31

You were the one I missed the most when the hour finally came...

First thing I did when I finally realised what was happening was cursing over the fact that I wouldn't get to see you that last time before I went on.

I hope you'll still be there if I decide get another char up there anytime soon. We'll see about that, won't we?

Keep it up, you do a great job Jez and I think you have the potential to have loads of fun yet

Lardovian

Imander (Guest)Tue 29-Oct-02 12:10 PM

#10489, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #3

Seeya around chief. It was fun to have a birdy buddy with the evils air majors that liked to play up there. Thanks for the fun even though I dont know if you knew where I was coming from all the time .

Bobbo

Lardovian (Guest)Tue 29-Oct-02 02:24 PM

#10490, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #44

Yeah, I liked to have another bird with me up there that was on my side.
My relation with Imander as a character though grew sour when you took Karithia's side in those encounters in the Tower. But speaking from my own point of view, I think you did the right thing in much as you stood for what you believed in and that takes effort aswell at times.
Don't know why you chose to not show up anymore but the near future there would have been one of those things I'd like to see how they would develop.

Anyway... take care and all that and I'll see you in the fields some day

Lardovian

Abthalok (Guest)Tue 29-Oct-02 05:22 PM

#10487, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #3

Well, I'm not suprised you forgot me.
We didn't travel much and Abthalok doesn't realy have any friends.
Thanks for helping me get those bits of gear, and for showing up to help defend and raid. You played a solid char, thou I didn't know you real well, and it was always nice to give rods to someone, although you usually said you never used them.

Lardovian (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 12:36 PM

#10488, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #47

>Well, I'm not suprised you forgot me.

To be honest, not me either. But I still feel bad for it and hope that I can remedy it with that I liked walking beside you aswell (or soaring up above which I prefered so much more);

>We didn't travel much and Abthalok doesn't realy have any
>friends.

Get some! It'll help you immensely and will provide a beating from the funstick to both you and them I am sure.

>Thanks for helping me get those bits of gear, and for
>showing up to help defend and raid. You played a solid char,
>thou I didn't know you real well, and it was always nice to
>give rods to someone, although you usually said you never
>used them.

I used them, but the times you asked me I most often already a decent supply so I didn't really need them there and then.

Anyway, thanks for the times we had. I'll be back someday

Lardovian

DullamehTue 29-Oct-02 07:14 PM
11 posts
#10485, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #3

Damn.

Just about all of my (mortal) friends and enemies are deleting/deleted now. You were always fun to fight, and I think I was just as surprised as you were that first time I walked through you guys.

Anyway, glad to see you enjoyed the character, congrats on age-dying and good luck with your next.

Lardovian (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 11:36 AM

#10486, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #49

Fun to fight.. hmm... I'll second that
You taught me a lot of what to do and even more in the department on what to really -not- do when in combat with a lich or just about anyone.

Hopefully it showed aswell even if you sent me running/killed me 90% of the time.

Congrats on the Imm-ship and all, I hope you'll stick in there and make cf the better place where we would all want to spend the rest of our days.

Lardovian

ScarabaeusTue 29-Oct-02 09:36 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#10482, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #3

>Scarabaeus - Those few talks we had was quite enjoyable,
>atleast for me. Was a... different experience to say the
>least.

Thanks for being awake. I've never understood the people that, when
faced by an immortal, suddenly try to take some moral high ground and
instead of fearing for their lives begin to posture and taunt. That
never turns out well. You actually seemed to be paying attention; if
you weren't, don't tell me, I don't want to know.

I was going to tempt you with fun mage toys, I didn't realize you were
about to kick the bucket. Sorry it got cut short.

Lardovian (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 11:56 AM

#10484, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #51

Not paying attention?
Whenever I saw you on or heard your whisperings about I moved to the edge of my seat and opened a browser to dictionary.com (trust me, it helped me get through some of those discussions a lot). After that, it was all about thinking out some way of replying/riposting without backing down or losing the initiative.
Lardovian didn't mind standing in front of a Lich as he'd already met Dullameh and had somehow gotten around the fears often associated with these bony beings. True, the Devilfather himself is an other thing altogether but the basics were the same to Lardovian. At first I was fully convinced that you would just point a finger at me and say die.... but eventually, that didn't happen so I took my chance and got a conversation going. The rest is history

Verbal sparring is often the most challenging one and the one I tend to enjoy the most as there is no better way to catch someone off guard than with a wellplaced sentence that twists what they said back at them
Done gently and in a not-too-insulting way it can often grant you an interesting argument and in the end perhaps a new friend/ally or perhaps getting an enemy of your back.

What I got of you was far more than I had ever expected so I don't mind if I missed out any additionals even though you now sparked my curiosity }>

Anyway, take care and hang in there. Not all the players out there are TLB's and I think most of them are on CF to have a good time which I think many of them get if they look hard enough.

Lardovian

UrdenWed 30-Oct-02 09:49 PM
97 posts
#10483, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #51

I was curious as to the time you visited me, also.

Was there something more that you had planned, or was it just for
kicks? Either way, it's cool.

Bizarro I'm helping!

Bilmiok (Guest)Tue 29-Oct-02 11:13 PM

#10480, "Thank you"
In response to Reply #3

Heh dont know if you know me but I really enjoyed our series of interviews you made me want to rp more, I mean just look around and feel for the form. Wish you had been around so I can grow up and learn from you. Congrats on a super successful character and cya in the fields.

Lardovian (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 12:38 PM

#10481, "RE: Thank you"
In response to Reply #53

>Heh dont know if you know me but I really enjoyed our series
>of interviews you made me want to rp more, I mean just look
>around and feel for the form.

Glad I could help. I truly am.

>Wish you had been around so I can grow up and learn from you. >Congrats on a super successful character and cya in the fields.

I wish I could've been around a long time yet myself And yes, I'll be back in one form or another.

Lardovian

Finduthilas (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 05:17 AM

#10478, "The Tower will not see a Magister as devoted as you. *S..."
In response to Reply #3

I remember when you inducted me, and our talks, and yes, I do prefer to run alone in general, it wasn't you. After so many years of playing CF, you're one of the nicest in-game fellows I've ever met. Yes, you were playing a goodie, but I suspect you're a nice chap irl as well.

Luck to you and all you do.

Lardovian (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 12:05 PM

#10479, "RE: The Tower will not see a Magister as devoted as you..."
In response to Reply #56

>I remember when you inducted me, and our talks, and yes, I
>do prefer to run alone in general, it wasn't you.

*draws a sigh of relief*

>After so many years of playing CF, you're one of the nicest in-game
>fellows I've ever met.

Lardovian offers his humble thanks.

>Yes, you were playing a goodie, but I suspect you're a nice chap irl as well.

We all like to think of ourselves that way, but I'll take your word for it and say thank you

>Luck to you and all you do.

And the same to you

Lardovian

UelveyyeWed 30-Oct-02 08:17 AM
9 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#10476, "Wise old Fart"
In response to Reply #3

Loved intereacting with you. You gave me the chance to flesh out some of my role, and gave me ideas for other places to go with this character.

The tower just won't be the same without you, nothing better than a leader who will not stay down and will not quit. Wish we had gotten to explore more though.

Good luck

Lardovian (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 12:00 PM

#10477, "RE: Wise old Fart"
In response to Reply #57

>Loved intereacting with you. You gave me the chance to flesh
>out some of my role, and gave me ideas for other places to
>go with this character.

I'm happy I could help out. And so's Lardovian though he doesn't know it

>The tower just won't be the same without you, nothing better
>than a leader who will not stay down and will not quit.

Had too many good friends and places to go to do that

>Wish we had gotten to explore more though.

Yep, me too. I think I managed to visit most of the areas around Thera at one point or another but there were many of those whom I would have wanted to take a closer look at.

>Good luck

Thanks

Lardovian

Nwayreth (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 11:46 AM

#10474, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #3

I'll miss you in the Skies.

Lardovian (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 12:02 PM

#10475, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #59

>I'll miss you in the Skies.

I'll miss the skies in themselves as well as that golden eagle up there. Not much beats two birds pursuing a running foe

Have fun and keep up the work.

Lardovian

GorachFri 01-Nov-02 02:31 PM
0 posts
#10472, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #3

And yes... I still remember what you did down
>in the vaults getting assassinated... Oops, did I say that
>out loud?

How could you !! You know, I still remeber a certain alligator getting beat up by some tiny worm .. oh, hmm, sorry.. No seriously, I had a blast whenever you were around .. In the bickering contest, you were my second 'most feared enemy', besides Wasarbre .. dude, thanks for all the fun we had .. and uhm, did you really have to spread the word that you can summon a mule ... jerk ..

The best of luck to you and see you around in the fields ..

Lardovian (Guest)Sun 03-Nov-02 09:52 AM

#10473, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #78

>And yes... I still remember what you did down
>>in the vaults getting assassinated... Oops, did I say that
>>out loud?
>
>How could you !!

Quite easy in fact

>You know, I still remeber a certain
>alligator getting beat up by some tiny worm .. oh, hmm,
>sorry..

I'll deny it all *innocent*

>No seriously, I had a blast whenever you were around
>.. In the bickering contest, you were my second 'most feared
>enemy', besides Wasarbre .. dude, thanks for all the fun we
>had ..

Likewise.

Gorach: Blooodyy 'eell
Lardovian: Talking about yourself again?
Gorach: Baah! Jerk!

We did some pretty crazy things together but that made it all so much more enjoyable. That last big battle outside the Tower with the Legions is one that will be one of my best memories from Lardovian's life.

>and uhm, did you really have to spread the word that
>you can summon a mule ... jerk ..

Too good an opportunity to pass up if you ask me }>

>The best of luck to you and see you around in the fields ..

Yep, we will. Though we might have trouble finding eachother but that'll come with time perhaps. Can't be too hard to track down a drunken elf with a dwarvish tounge out there. Take care and good luck and all that.

Lardovian

Midge (Guest)Sat 02-Nov-02 08:36 PM

#10470, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #3

It's a shame you had to go so soon. I was lookin' foreword to having a few more talks with you. You never did tell me where you kept your wine stockpiled.}> Anyways, good luck in the future and all that.

Written in gigantic block letters,
Midge

Lardovian (Guest)Sun 03-Nov-02 09:41 AM

#10471, "RE: My farewells"
In response to Reply #80

Thank you.

And one tip. Knowing the High Heralds well helps a lot if you're out for some serious drinking

Lardovian

Sosuphan (Guest)Sun 27-Oct-02 05:46 PM

#10528, "RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go"
In response to Reply #0

Well done. I enjoyed all our fights and wow I really can't believe you played that many hour with one char. See ya in the fields.

ArChaosSun 27-Oct-02 05:17 PM
352 posts
#10529, "Daiken: Me say 'Wow'"
In response to Reply #0

974 hours? I had always thought you'd have been well gone by now. That's some staying power.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #10445 Previous topic | Next topic