Subject: "Congratulations to Valguarnera, our newest Implementor!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #426
Show all folders

YanorethSun 17-Oct-04 12:46 AM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
896 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#426, "Congratulations to Valguarnera, our newest Implementor!"

After being an immortal for almost four years, with his first ascension to the heavens after the apocalypse that brought on the third age, Valguarnera is our newest implementor.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Congratulations to Valguarnera, our newest Implemen..., thornheart, 17-Nov-04 08:26 AM, #18
Reply Sweeeet!, Kastellyn, 28-Oct-04 11:07 PM, #17
Reply Agreements all around., Tinfalan, 23-Oct-04 02:10 PM, #16
Reply Congrats (txt), Larcat, 20-Oct-04 08:10 AM, #15
Reply Way to go, Valgie, Narissa, 20-Oct-04 08:10 AM, #14
Reply Congrats!, Vynmylak, 19-Oct-04 04:28 PM, #13
Reply they grow up so quick..., shokai, 19-Oct-04 12:52 AM, #12
Reply RE: Congratulations to Valguarnera, our newest Implemen..., nepenthe, 18-Oct-04 10:24 PM, #11
Reply Congrats, Lightmage, 17-Oct-04 03:47 PM, #9
Reply He really does deserve it, for the like billion hours o..., Vladamir, 17-Oct-04 03:47 PM, #8
Reply Valguarnera, Amaranthe, 17-Oct-04 08:37 PM, #10
Reply RE: Congratulations to Valguarnera, our newest Implemen..., Splntrd, 17-Oct-04 01:23 AM, #1
     Reply Nope!, Valguarnera, 17-Oct-04 01:25 AM, #2
          Reply a question, arkarag, 17-Oct-04 11:14 AM, #3
               Reply Consistency!, Valguarnera, 17-Oct-04 11:19 AM, #4
                    Reply Your dead(ish)... couldn't you be Genderless? nt, GinGa, 17-Oct-04 12:01 PM, #5
                    Reply Well, technically bone structure would still indicate m..., Straklaw, 17-Oct-04 12:20 PM, #7
                    Reply Hehum, Adrigon, 17-Oct-04 12:20 PM, #6

thornheartWed 17-Nov-04 03:17 AM
Member since 11th May 2003
49 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#481, "RE: Congratulations to Valguarnera, our newest Implemen..."
In response to Reply #0

Congratulations Valg! Thanks so much for everything you've done.

I knew you would be great.

I guess that makes me great?

Thorny

KastellynThu 28-Oct-04 08:11 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#462, "Sweeeet!"
In response to Reply #0

Woot! I knew you had it in you. Thanks for all that you've done for the MUD, and for the rich humor you bring to the staff. Thanks as well for all the support you've given my various projects over the years - I could not have done the things I've done without it.

I echo what others have already posted: this is a well-deserved promotion.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

TinfalanSat 23-Oct-04 02:06 AM
Member since 19th Aug 2004
46 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#454, "Agreements all around."
In response to Reply #0

Well done and thank you for everything you've done. I've yet to had much to do with you personally that I know of, but I have a feeling you had something to do over the course of Kazahando or Erinphalis' life. Anyhow thanks for all your hard work and congratulations.

LarcatWed 20-Oct-04 06:51 AM
495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#450, "Congrats (txt)"
In response to Reply #0

Congratulations. This is well deserved, and though people may have problems with you on a personal level from time to time, I think if they step back a moment and think about it everyone will realize that you are profoundly good for the game.

PLAY ON PLAYER! WOOT! MORE HOES FOR THE HYDRA!

-Devin

"New payment options w/ Iron Realms"

NarissaTue 19-Oct-04 09:35 PM
Member since 04th May 2003
279 posts
#449, "Way to go, Valgie"
In response to Reply #0

At the rate you were going, I knew you would be an IMP one day. Kudos on the work you've put into the MUD.

Congrats!

VynmylakTue 19-Oct-04 03:31 PM
52 posts
#448, "Congrats!"
In response to Reply #0

Great on ya, and well deserved for all the hard work. Was not a doubt in my mind we'd see this.

-- Vyn

shokaiTue 19-Oct-04 12:52 AM
519 posts
#446, "they grow up so quick..."
In response to Reply #0

....it seems like just yesterday I was beating you over the head to say 'welcome to Asgaard'. Good on ye, chief. As it's already been said, it's well deserved.

Unca Floofi

nepentheMon 18-Oct-04 10:24 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#445, "RE: Congratulations to Valguarnera, our newest Implemen..."
In response to Reply #0

This couldn't be more deserved.

LightmageSun 17-Oct-04 02:56 PM
319 posts
#435, "Congrats"
In response to Reply #0

Hell of a lot of work. Keep it up. We appreciate it despite the occasional bitching from time to time. This game can bring out the best and worst in people and you have always stayed constant.

Nice job

Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man.

VladamirSun 17-Oct-04 02:03 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#434, "He really does deserve it, for the like billion hours o..."
In response to Reply #0

I think that was the single most painful thing I've ever had to say, but it was true. As much as I may not think shiny happy thoughts about him on a personal level, the muds much better off with him than without him. It was a well deserved promotion.

AmarantheSun 17-Oct-04 06:25 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
#439, "Valguarnera"
In response to Reply #8

I will also add, as an immortal that has worked with Valg quite a bit, that however much you *think* Valg is doing, he is *actually* doing about 100 times more. He's not just a coder. He has contributed tons in virtually every single aspect of the game, and is often a driving force behind getting other immmortals' rears in gear as well. He does not consider himself above doing small but necessary tasks that other imms are either unable or often *unwilling* to do.

And, despite popular opinion, he's a nice guy with a great sense of humor. He's just capable of being a hardass when it's necessitated, and has little patience for immaturity and rudeness.

For those who speak ill of the Valg, know that CF would be a far more stagnant place without him. I'm sure glad he doesn't let insults from petty players discourage him from investing an enormous amount of time and effort into making CF rock more by the day.

For those dis the Valg, if you've had a unique experience or an esteemed character in the past couple years, there's a good chance Valg had a hand in it, either directly or indirectly through encouraging or helping the rest of the staff to be immteractive and give recognition to players.

For those of you who say the Valg is a jerk who doesn't understand players because of something he *said*, you probably also often say "awesome!" to something he *did* without you realizing it was, in fact, created or influenced by the Valg.

So, congratulations to Valguarnera! His dedication and fundamental understanding of all things CF make him the perfect lich for the job!

SplntrdSun 17-Oct-04 01:10 AM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
#427, "RE: Congratulations to Valguarnera, our newest Implemen..."
In response to Reply #0

Congrats Valg, you're a badass asset to the staff, and you'll be an awesome Implementor. Loads of respect for your knowledge of the inner workings of the game and balance. So did you get to initiate tonight's reboot and gechos in celebration?

Splntrd

ValguarneraSun 17-Oct-04 01:25 AM
6904 posts
#428, "Nope!"
In response to Reply #1

So did you get to initiate tonight's reboot and gechos in celebration?

I was half-AFK watching the Yankees put a whooping on the Red Sox. I got all my stuff done today well in advance of the game like a good employee.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

arkaragSun 17-Oct-04 03:50 AM
Member since 19th Sep 2004
4 posts
#429, "a question"
In response to Reply #2

hehehe,first of all my most sincere congrats, only you know how much you have had to endure.

There is only one tiny itsi thing,that has been in my mind ever since you were a mortal in masters and I was some lowbie deciding which cabal to join and has survived all these years until now.

Why is it that after all this time of immortaldoom you havent changed your name to something more manly or something not so easily confused with a female?. Hahahahaha,honestly I remember talking to you as a scion and you would glare at me I can only imagine your hand itching to spam the smite button.

An honest question,I know you have had this problem for a long long while, again congratulations with the promotion.

Arkarag Karag
Once one of many War masters,now just dust in the underdark.

ValguarneraSun 17-Oct-04 11:19 AM
6904 posts
#430, "Consistency!"
In response to Reply #3

I realized the gender thing was an issue around... level 20, when Master Lord Adepts kept referring to me as a female. But I liked the character and was having fun, thus dooming myself to thousands of hours of correcting people.

I've also been vary wary of changing personae, because I think it's useful from a CF history perspective if major forces exist in a recognizable form across as many ages/eras/whatever as possible. It helps players pick up on the more subtle aspects of each character as well- when someone like Shokai or Scarabaeus shows up, you probably have a very good feel for the particulars of their character if you've been playing here a long time.

Fortunately, in my current guise as a disembodied voice/possessing spirit/angry pile of dust/etc. the gender thing comes up less.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

GinGaSun 17-Oct-04 11:51 AM
996 posts
#431, "Your dead(ish)... couldn't you be Genderless? nt"
In response to Reply #4

nt

StraklawSun 17-Oct-04 12:11 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#433, "Well, technically bone structure would still indicate m..."
In response to Reply #5

NT

AdrigonSun 17-Oct-04 12:09 PM
158 posts
#432, "Hehum"
In response to Reply #4

Does this mean you will now have a child and vastly cut your playing time?

:-)

Congratulations, you're really worth it.

Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #426 Previous topic | Next topic