Subject: "Timed Attack Improvements" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2086
Show all folders

DaevrynSat 12-Dec-09 06:05 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2086, "Timed Attack Improvements"

I've made the following improvements to Timed Attack:

1) I rewrote the helpfile to give more information on what each of the flavors of TA does.

2) Parts of the sword and spear specials formerly weren't implemented correctly, but now should be.

3) If you're trying to timed attack someone you've been observing, you have a chance to get the TA off slightly faster. In the best case this chops TA from a 3 round skill to 2.

4) Hunters no longer forgo all attacks while preparing to timed attack; instead, they attack normally but their attacks are much, much more likely than normal to be blocked or avoided. My feeling is that in most cases this won't up their damage during the preparation period, but it should be at least a little less obvious in telegraphing what they're doing.

As always we'll keep an eye on how these changea play out and adjust further from there, but taken together I thought this was significant enough to merit my posting.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply did this ever get implemented?, keijrai (Anonymous), 16-Jan-14 02:29 PM, #7
Reply RE: did this ever get implemented?, Daevryn, 16-Jan-14 02:31 PM, #8
     Reply great! just bad luck so far in seeing it in action (n/..., keijrai (Anonymous), 16-Jan-14 04:26 PM, #9
     Reply update is that it works now as you said but, keijrai (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 02:17 PM, #11
Reply Thank you for listening~, Abernyte, 16-Dec-09 01:15 PM, #6
Reply similar for healing curse?, incognito, 13-Dec-09 09:08 PM, #4
Reply No:, Daevryn, 13-Dec-09 09:10 PM, #5
Reply Well done, Torak, 12-Dec-09 07:01 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Well done, Daevryn, 12-Dec-09 07:11 PM, #2
     Reply FYI, Malakhi, 12-Dec-09 08:51 PM, #3
          Reply I think cancelled? is the better word, Sarien, 21-Jan-14 04:50 PM, #10

keijrai (Anonymous)Thu 16-Jan-14 11:54 AM
Charter member
#2907, "did this ever get implemented?"
In response to Reply #0

second hunter and i have spent a few hours with timed attack but i am not seeing #4 working

thank you

DaevrynThu 16-Jan-14 02:31 PM
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2908, "RE: did this ever get implemented?"
In response to Reply #7

Yes, it was implemented and working at the time the above was posted.

keijrai (Anonymous)Thu 16-Jan-14 03:08 PM
Charter member
#2909, "great! just bad luck so far in seeing it in action (n/..."
In response to Reply #8

notext

keijrai (Anonymous)Thu 30-Jan-14 10:36 AM
Charter member
#2911, "update is that it works now as you said but"
In response to Reply #8

the success rate seems to have been cut in half from before the update. when i posted this i never got the 'fake' attacks. now that i get those the skill is unreliable even though it's even higher in learned %

AbernyteWed 16-Dec-09 10:06 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
973 posts
#2092, "Thank you for listening~"
In response to Reply #0

~

incognitoSun 13-Dec-09 04:15 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2090, "similar for healing curse?"
In response to Reply #0

I'm not playing an imperial, but when the change went in so that healing curse did damage, my main issue was this:

a) It was designed to stop it being used repeatedly on slept people. Fine, although personally I think insects should work similarly.
b) The fact it does damage when you are already in combat means that it tips off people as to what you are trying to do. That's the bit I'd like to see change, if at all possible.

Summary: Healing curse damage on a slept person, no damage on an awake person. Reasonable?

DaevrynSun 13-Dec-09 09:10 PM
11117 posts
#2091, "No:"
In response to Reply #4

I can't be totally immune to healing curse by choosing to briefly flee at the right times. I'm not that concerned that it telegraphs.

TorakSat 12-Dec-09 06:46 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2087, "Well done"
In response to Reply #0

Glad it finally got some attention, kudos.

Can it still be stopped by just lagging the hunter? This was a huge downside given three rounds - albeit it's harder to notice since they are still attacking, but since most fights involve lag of some sort it greatly hampers the usefulness.

Owaza, morosa's charge, and many other "charge-up" skills doesn't get interrupted by lag...

DaevrynSat 12-Dec-09 07:11 PM
11117 posts
#2088, "RE: Well done"
In response to Reply #1

>Can it still be stopped by just lagging the hunter?

I haven't changed how this works with respect to timed attack at this point.

MalakhiSat 12-Dec-09 07:36 PM
Member since 12th Dec 2009
367 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2089, "FYI"
In response to Reply #1

>Owaza (...) and many other "charge-up" skills
>doesn't get interrupted by lag...

As an FYI, that's not true. Owaza can be interrupted by lag.

SarienTue 21-Jan-14 04:49 PM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
#2910, "I think cancelled? is the better word"
In response to Reply #3

I've been lagged while trying to owaza...and the owaza just fires after I unlag. Unless I die? I've never had owaza "cancelled" by lag though? I didn't know it could be?

Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2086 Previous topic | Next topic