Subject: "October's Special Ongoings" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #2999
Show all folders

IshuliTue 28-Sep-21 02:21 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2146 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2999, "October's Special Ongoings"

October is on its way, but what does that mean for CF?
In tribute to the month’s supreme spookyness, we’ve got a few things going on.
- Seasonal shapeshifter forms will be available from the start to the end of October. That means you’ve got a chance to get one of these special forms **only** during this month!
- There are NEW seasonal shapeshifter forms in addition to the old ones! That’s right, new horrific forms to torture your enemies (or yourself) with, one for each form focus. Will you be the first to master these monsters? Dun dun dun!
- Orctober will be celebrated all month long. What does that mean? It means orcs have the chance to get some extra attention, particularly from the tribal deities of the Grinning Skull Village that match their adaptation (see HELP ORC PANTHEON). Orc, orc, orc.

And more TBA!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IshuliTue 16-Nov-21 02:12 PM
2146 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3004, "October Form Conclusion"
In response to Reply #0

This October added a few Halloween forms.
Fungoid, Kelpie, Spellgaunt, Tatarimokke, Thoqqua.

Each one was received at LEAST once, which is pretty cool!

Some comments from Baer -

Post-Shiftober Facts: There are 32 shifters over level 37 right now, 65 shifters total, defense major is the most popular and has the most Halloween forms out there. Air is the second most popular major, followed by water. Those have 8 halloween forms between them. Those forms can be from either minor or major, btw I'm just summing totals.
Offense is the most popular minor, followed by utility.

--

Hopefully people had fun with them and enjoyed being particularly spoopy as they haunted/hunted their foes!

IshuliFri 01-Oct-21 09:55 AM
2146 posts
#3000, "Note to self:"
In response to Reply #0

I actively dislike the idea of trying to game this system by having shapeshifters saved without picking a focus to only pick during this month.

So that'll change how I do this in the future because I really didn't expect to see so much of it.

LhydiaSat 02-Oct-21 09:43 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2379 posts
#3001, "RE: Note to self:"
In response to Reply #1

Why would you dislike people being excited about being able to experience new stuff in the game and what is wrong with people preparing for it?

Instead of being happy people are excited about what you're doing and even prepare super early in anticipation, you're annoyed people have a 1/10 chance of getting a new form 2 days before everyone else?

If you announced you were creating 10 new legacies for warriors and people knew it was a Christmas bonus would you be mad people made warriors in November hoping to try new legacies?

I don't get the annoyance is all.

Still appreciate the equal opportunity for new forms though!

A bored shifter (Anonymous)Sat 02-Oct-21 11:32 PM
Charter member
#3002, "RE: Note to self:"
In response to Reply #2

Not to mention that most of us are at least somewhat frustrated at not getting these forms in past years despite numerous attempts. Shifters aren't exactly the most exciting class, have a lot of hurdles to role-play with,, and they are torture if you get forms that don't match with your desired play style. We only have so much time to invest in this game, and it's a difficult pill to swallow to say we have to play 60+ hours to take that gamble, and be happy with what we got or that means we are trying to game the system.

There's too many other things competing for my time and attention to keep doing that every year. I'm not saying to stop doing halloween forms, I like that challenge. Just don't take it personally that we want to save ourselves a little bit of pain with what's already a ginormous crapshoot that we'll probably end up just deleting when we are very likely to be disappointed over anyway.

Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #2999 Previous topic | Next topic