Subject: "A note on the role contest..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #2770
Show all folders

AmarantheSun 09-Jun-13 12:19 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2770, "A note on the role contest..."

I'd like to share that those of you who have less *spotlight* character assignments are going to get special consideration for the July contest. I am spending extra time watching you and following your character development. Don't think that just because I haven't given you a big shiny star role, I'm not watching. I am, and will be particularly looking for quality role development in the coming weeks.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TorakTue 11-Jun-13 03:14 AM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2772, "What about those backup positions?"
In response to Reply #0

Sent an email and never heard back...

AmarantheWed 12-Jun-13 10:16 AM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2774, "RE: What about those backup positions?"
In response to Reply #1

Yeah, I've responded to a few individually but unfortunately, I have not been able to get around to writing backup roles, and I'm still chasing down a few of the original participants who have not played much. After writing up 27 character concepts and running half a dozen quests, I ended up burned out (and this week is a busy week for me IRL.)

However, there has been positive reception to the challenge and I'm already trying to think of ways to implement something of this nature in the future that is more ongoing that I can trickle in some investment in (like running a single questline and have call for entries for those that want to play new characters part of questlines, rather than trying to do a huge pile all at once.)

highbutterflySun 14-Jul-13 08:44 PM
Member since 24th Aug 2011
364 posts
#2775, "It seems like something with less of a burn out factor ..."
In response to Reply #2

Somehow, maybe with anonymous handles in a subforum, people need to write their own skeleton concepts and be able to link up. If it's self organizing with your oversight acting as the "go" button, maybe it will require less time invested. That's actually what I thought the original role challenge was when I heard about it.

Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #2770 Previous topic | Next topic